WWE

lharris92

My toughs are with Roman and his family. Sad situation 

WWE is in a weird position at the moment as Cena is a part timers and Roman is gone for now, so that leaves no top guy. There's opportunity now, for the other guys to step up now, I see potential for Rollins to be the guy, also Braun has potential as well.  

1 hour ago, A-Rob said:

WWE is in a weird position at the moment as Cena is a part timers and Roman is gone for now, so that leaves no top guy. There's opportunity now, for the other guys to step up now, I see potential for Rollins to be the guy, also Braun has potential as well.  

I could also see AJ or Bryan moved to Raw to fill the void, or better yet have the Smackdown champ start headlining the PPVs and being on the posters.

7 hours ago, A-Rob said:

Id imagine Vince will go with whoever is selling the most merch aside from Reigns and Cena. Who that is, I don't know. But Braun is defiantly marketable but id imagine Rollins is a wiser long term investment. 

39 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Id imagine Vince will go with whoever is selling the most merch aside from Reigns and Cena. Who that is, I don't know. But Braun is defiantly marketable but id imagine Rollins is a wiser long term investment. 

if it had been a few months back then it would  have been Rusev I believe. Not sure who it is now though.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

18 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I dont think AJ is good enough at the sports entertainment side to be the top star on Raw.

AJ is no Rock but then again neither was Reigns. He's strong enough that he's been in some great feuds with the likes of Samoa Joe and can represent the company as the face of the game cover which for a long stretch was dominated by the likes of Lesnar and Stone Cold.

I'm not sure what to make of Evolution, I've generally been preferring the women's wrestling to mens for last year or so but this seems really tacked on. Charlotte vs Lynch will be fantastic however I reckon it's just another step to a loser leaves brand match (for the eventual Flair vs Ronda match) and Kairi Sane vs Baszler should be another good one but not much else. Hopefully Trish and Lita have still got it and put on a good show.

6 hours ago, jump said:

AJ is no Rock but then again neither was Reigns. He's strong enough that he's been in some great feuds with the likes of Samoa Joe and can represent the company as the face of the game cover which for a long stretch was dominated by the likes of Lesnar and Stone Cold.

I'm not sure what to make of Evolution, I've generally been preferring the women's wrestling to mens for last year or so but this seems really tacked on. Charlotte vs Lynch will be fantastic however I reckon it's just another step to a loser leaves brand match (for the eventual Flair vs Ronda match) and Kairi Sane vs Baszler should be another good one but not much else. Hopefully Trish and Lita have still got it and put on a good show.

I remember one of the Styles v Joe matches. Joe was saying something about his wife and Styles just locked up as normal. I just don’t think he understands the sports entertainment side. His mic work is average and he is over 40. I just don’t think he will ever be the face of the company.

Im quite apathetic about Evolution, I would be more excited if they added a bra and panties match!

6 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Im quite apathetic about Evolution, I would be more excited if they added a bra and panties match!

?

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Styles is an incredible wrestler but a poor actor. 

The title needs to go to Braun. Let him have a big face run and have McIntyre win the rumble. Have those two hoss’ lock up at mania. 

Exactly my thoughts and I think they'll do this.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

On 10/24/2018 at 1:10 AM, WS_Jack_III said:

So i was loving that main event, then WTF was that shit at the end. Not impressed.

I know they've been building it for a while but that seemed to be a very strange time to do it? Also can't see the sense in giving them the titles beforehand?

Edited by DareToDibble

4 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I know they've been building it for a while but that seemed to be a very strange time to do it? Also can't see the sense in giving them the titles beforehand?

Soon as the Roman thing happened, I thought, "They'll put the breaks on the Dean thing."

Guess I was totally wrong.

Having thought about it a bit more I totally get why they chose to do it then. Everyone assumed it would be a fairly non-eventful night in the wake of the Roman news. The only way to get him over as a heel quickly was to have him do something on that night. It makes sense really. Wouldn't mind betting he is the top heel almost immediately.

10 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Having thought about it a bit more I totally get why they chose to do it then. Everyone assumed it would be a fairly non-eventful night in the wake of the Roman news. The only way to get him over as a heel quickly was to have him do something on that night. It makes sense really. Wouldn't mind betting he is the top heel almost immediately.

I hope they get rid of this "lunatic fringe" thing. There is nothing in the slightest bit "lunatic" about him in my view.

13 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Really enjoyed that PPV. Really good stuff. Ladies night rocked!

I enjoyed it too but there felt like a lot filler. I'm so tired of seeing Riot Squad vs Banks & Bayley, at the least they could have given it a gimmick as I've been seeing them compete for months now.

Becky vs Flair was fantastic, although it made me laugh how Cole was talking about how Becky has brainwashed the fans.

11 minutes ago, jump said:

I enjoyed it too but there felt like a lot filler. I'm so tired of seeing Riot Squad vs Banks & Bayley, at the least they could have given it a gimmick as I've been seeing them compete for months now.

Becky vs Flair was fantastic, although it made me laugh how Cole was talking about how Becky has brainwashed the fans.

6 women tag match was our pee break match. Such a shame for Banks and Bayley considering how much they have done in the past few years.

Last woman standing was my MON. Battle royal was fun too. Why the f*ck was Cole  there? I was fuming when I saw him. Renee and Beth could have handled it just fine.

4 hours ago, jump said:

I think once you have seen one last man/woman standing match you have seen them all. I thought it was a decent show, but like most specials nearly an hour too long. I think they could have easily cut the NXT and Mae Young matches and the filler seemed a bit forced.

16 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I think you underestimate how tough Coles job is. I don’t think either lady has enough experience in the lead role yet.

Don't get me wrong, I know that he has one of the toughest jobs there and I realise that Beth only has a couple of years experience and Renee is basically new at it. I think the ladies would have been fine without him though.

Also, he makes soooooo many mistakes for a guy who has done it for nearly 30 years.

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Don't get me wrong, I know that he has one of the toughest jobs there and I realise that Beth only has a couple of years experience and Renee is basically new at it. I think the ladies would have been fine without him though.

Also, he makes soooooo many mistakes for a guy who has done it for nearly 30 years.

I think the first ever womans ppv is not the time to take that risk.  Cole is not my cup of tea, but I accept what I would like from him and what Vince expects from him are 2 different things. My favourite combinations are still Gorilla/Bobby and JR/King, but whether they would work today is debatable.