WWE

lharris92

6 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I think the Saudi Prince or whoever has given them a f*ck load of money for these shows is asking them to put those types of matches on. I like it, plus it's an additional PPV really anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Enjoyed Raw this week. This acting GM thing has done Corbin wonders.

Yes, I heard he wanted yokozuna. He just prefers 90s wrestling and is willing to pay.

16 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Thats what happens when you go to Impact and you actually develop as a performer, learn how to promo for yourself.

It's what happens when you go on the indies for two and a half years and work everywhere against every kind of opponent. Impact don't deserve the credit for Drew's promos or work rate. Was he good there, sure, but let's not make out the reason he looks so good now is solely down to being in Impact. just look at his return promo to ICW in 2014 - his first appearance since leaving WWE, killer stuff. The reality is, he was always very  good but just didn't get a chance to show it.  By busting his ass every other night against other great wrestlers with no restrictions, and not in 3 minute squash matches, he only got better. Look at Cody Rhodes, absolute superstar now and doing the best character work of his career, is this down to Ring Of Honor and New Japan, no it's  down to having control and getting to be himself. Juice Robinson is another example, total geek jobber in NXT, is now a star in New Japan and arguably the best promo in the business right now. WWE micro manage and script everyone, leave WWE and you can grow and become a star.

Rey is still fantastic for his age and will have one last great run. 

9 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

the luchadors on 205 live just aren't in his league.

Gran Metalik is one of best guys in the company, shame he doesn't get a chance to show it. This is why I hope Pentagon and Fenix don't go to WWE. total wasted.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

2 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

It's what happens when you go on the indies for two and a half years and work everywhere against every kind of opponent. Impact don't deserve the credit for Drew's promos or work rate. Was he good there, sure, but let's not make out the reason he looks so good now is solely down to being in Impact. just look at his return promo to ICW in 2014 - his first appearance since leaving WWE, killer stuff. The reality is, he was always very  good but just didn't get a chance to show it.  By busting his ass every other night against other great wrestlers with no restrictions

I would argue an improved look is as big (probably bigger) factor as his work. He now looks like a badass, I thought previously he looked awkward.

2 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Gran Metalik is one of best guys in the company, shame he doesn't get a chance to show it. This is why I hope Pentagon and Fenix don't go to WWE. total wasted.

Agreed Rey is fantastic, I would watch him above any younger guy on 205 live. The trouble with the likes of Gran Metalik is he is all workrate and no personality. It's hard to get a personality over behind the mask, nobody has done it better than Rey.

On 9/20/2018 at 4:30 PM, When Jokers Attack said:

It's what happens when you go on the indies for two and a half years and work everywhere against every kind of opponent. Impact don't deserve the credit for Drew's promos or work rate. Was he good there, sure, but let's not make out the reason he looks so good now is solely down to being in Impact. just look at his return promo to ICW in 2014 - his first appearance since leaving WWE, killer stuff. The reality is, he was always very  good but just didn't get a chance to show it.  By busting his ass every other night against other great wrestlers with no restrictions, and not in 3 minute squash matches, he only got better. Look at Cody Rhodes, absolute superstar now and doing the best character work of his career, is this down to Ring Of Honor and New Japan, no it's  down to having control and getting to be himself. Juice Robinson is another example, total geek jobber in NXT, is now a star in New Japan and arguably the best promo in the business right now. WWE micro manage and script everyone, leave WWE and you can grow and become a star.

Of course it isn't just down to Impact, but im just saying in past it wasnt that case in Impact, it has been in past few years they let people flourish its more me saying how they've cuffed Lashley since hes returned I see so many people who only watch WWE say hes shit.

My point is, WWE has become what WCW was, older guys, not letting young talent showcase themselves, im just AMAZED people dont give other promotions a chance and still blindly watch WWE. Its so annoying. All the guys have to leave to grow just like Jericho, Eddie, etc moaned they had to leave WCW to grow now guys are having to leave WWE and THEN its like the 80s where they just took up all the star guys from all promotions and left them to die, thing is back then, they used guys well, now not so much and back then the other promotions died out but they're thriving still, despite I see so many people wish death to impact. AH man, its conflicting being a wrestling fan.

On 9/26/2018 at 10:36 AM, jump said:

They seriously need to sort Brie Bella out, between the dodgy suicide dives and giving Liv Morgan a concussion she's becoming dangerous. Even before she semi-retired she's wasn't the most capable in the Diva era let alone now when they are more technical and taking bigger bumps.

She has been awful since she returned! I thought she'd killed herself off that suicide dive. 

Speaking of, why is it that everyone does a suicide dive now? Super kicks too!

No wonder Jim Cornette goes bonkers about modern wrestling.

On 10/6/2018 at 7:45 PM, WS_Jack_III said:

Super Showdown was pretty fun. 205 match was amazing. DB and Miz match was shockingly bad though.

I know this against popular opinion, but I'm finding D Bryan very dull since his comeback. His character did not evolve and the quality of his matches have dipped down. 

12 minutes ago, A-Rob said:

I know this against popular opinion, but I'm finding D Bryan very dull since his comeback. His character did not evolve and the quality of his matches have dipped down. 

His matches show why he made the correct decision staying in the WWE. He is wrestling a style with the view of reducing risk of injuries (both short and long term) and that's not a bad thing.

1 hour ago, A-Rob said:

I kinda of agree but he came back and gets lumped in feuds with Big Cass, teams up with Kane and his Miz feud which should have been money gets distracted by their wives and the horrible no.1 contenders match. He's up against AJ next, they will be a show stealer.

3 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

His matches show why he made the correct decision staying in the WWE. He is wrestling a style with the view of reducing risk of injuries (both short and long term) and that's not a bad thing.

Doing that diving headbut though, surely someone has told him that isn't the best idea.

25 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Exactly, wasn't this considered something that contributed to that whole mess?

Yeah, when they did the autopsy his brain was incredibly shaken, he use to take char shots to the head without blocking a lot too, but you'd still have to thrown in the steroid/drug abuse, depression and few other things into the mix.

Harley Race has always said he regretted creating the move, you've got the obvious concussion risk but it also messes up the spinal cord. Dynamite Kid who has taken the most damage from it has been in a wheelchair since the 90's.

1 hour ago, jump said:

Yeah, when they did the autopsy his brain was incredibly shaken, he use to take char shots to the head without blocking a lot too, but you'd still have to thrown in the steroid/drug abuse, depression and few other things into the mix.

Harley Race has always said he regretted creating the move, you've got the obvious concussion risk but it also messes up the spinal cord. Dynamite Kid who has taken the most damage from it has been in a wheelchair since the 90's.

I can't believe they used to do that shit.

Bound For Glory tomorrow night folks. 

On paper for me, the card, how do I word this, I wouldn't say not as strong but im less emotionally invested in the matches. 

The actually matches will be stellar. 

A lot of rumours going around that Jericho is going to debut at the PPV. He could easily do a Impact schedule fitting in with all his other commitments, but who knows, someone is going to debut anyway.

Nice to see Ethan Page back again with the company, his short stint before was really fun and im not sure why it wasn't longer. Hopefully this time hes around for a while. Im very interested in what they do with the Su Yung stuff tomorrow as well. Their previous stuff has been awesome so I expect the bar raised even higher this time. 

Hope some of you guys give it a watch!