WWE

lharris92

11 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Rollins is a terrible as a heel. My guess is that they are planning an Ambrose turn and going for Reigns v Ambrose.

I’d be all for a heel Shield run for a few months. Individually things seem to have gone a bit stale for Rollins and Reigns, Ambrose was obviously out injured.

I reckon they’ll run with it until the end of the year... maybe the Rumble?

42 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Finally caught up with Summerslam after being away at Beautiful Days. Thought it was a really good show!

To me the length stopped it being great. The crowd were dead for Miz v Bryan and Hardy v Nakamura. I can understand why WWE have to make raw and SmackDown so long, despite it being to the program detriment. 

I can't understand the logic in making the ppv/special shows 5 hours. It's a complete crowd killer.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

To me the length stopped it being great. The crowd were dead for Miz v Bryan and Hardy v Nakamura. I can understand why WWE have to make raw and SmackDown so long, despite it being to the program detriment. 

I can't understand the logic in making the ppv/special shows 5 hours. It's a complete crowd killer.

See I watched it in 2 parts so maybe that helped me. Pre show was a little weird I thought. I just thought the majority of the show was booked the correct way and all the matches were good.

19 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

See I watched it in 2 parts so maybe that helped me. Pre show was a little weird I thought. I just thought the majority of the show was booked the correct way and all the matches were good.

I watched it in multiple parts as well, skipping some of the bits between the matches. I just couldn’t watch 5 hours of anything non stop. The crowds are such an important part of matches and they are constantly dead in the last hour of these shows. Look at peak wwe, the Ppvs were 2.5-3 hours and the crowd was on fire from start to finish.

Agree the booking was pretty good. One thing I didn’t like was them completely squashing Owens. They have made most of the upper mid card crap by feeding them to Braun and Brock. Also the Becky heel turn completely flopped.

14 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I watched it in multiple parts as well, skipping some of the bits between the matches. I just couldn’t watch 5 hours of anything non stop. The crowds are such an important part of matches and they are constantly dead in the last hour of these shows. Look at peak wwe, the Ppvs were 2.5-3 hours and the crowd was on fire from start to finish.

Agree the booking was pretty good. One thing I didn’t like was them completely squashing Owens. They have made most of the upper mid card crap by feeding them to Braun and Brock. Also the Becky heel turn completely flopped.

Few people didn't like that about Owens and it's very fair comment. I bloody love Braun though. 

Why do you say the Becky turn flopped? Crowd seemed very behind it.

9 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Rollins is a terrible as a heel. My guess is that they are planning an Ambrose turn and going for Reigns v Ambrose.

I completely disagree, I hate him as a face, I loved him as a heel. 

Whilst im here, my thoughts on Summerslam, it was just average. No match stood out, no match made me think wow that blew me away, or exceeded my expectations, it was just meh. I also thought the crowd were poor. AJ v Joe was the best match but it seemed like the crowd was sitting on their hands, except for the TNA chant, which is ironic as they had far superior matches in TNA which most of the people chanting I expect have never seen, Impact's slammiversary also absolutely kicked Summerslams ass, yet most WWE fans still refuse to give it a go, maybe in a few years they'll chant impact when Penta v Sami is best match on Summerslam 2022 eh? 

Away from the matches is anyone else extremely bored of Elias? he's had no development in a year, same old thing, what the hell was even the point in that skit on Summerslam? 

6 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I completely disagree, I hate him as a face, I loved him as a heel. 

He wrestles exactly the same way now as he did as a heel. He had no understanding of heel psychology. Look at how Jericho changes in contrast.

I also thought the crowd were poor. AJ v Joe was the best match but it seemed like the crowd was sitting on their hands, except for the TNA chant, which is ironic as they had far superior matches in TNA which most of the people chanting I expect have never seen, 

The WWE crowd are generally bad these days, more interested in getting themselves over, than enjoying the show. I however maintain cut it by 90 minutes and they are better.

12 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Completely agree about the length of show,

I think it was a very good show (one of the best this year) but had to watch in 3 parts because I couldn't stand watching 4 or 5 hrs straight. 

On 8/28/2018 at 10:35 AM, jump said:

I really don't like how they have turned their most over face into a heel just for a feud with Reigns.

On 8/28/2018 at 7:46 PM, Andre91 said:

It’s astonishing. 

Yeah WWE are going to great lengths to try and get Roman over as a face. Never going to happen and they're doing it at the detriment of the overall product and just annoying fans more and more.

The Shield reunion will be awesome if done right, that's about the only good thing to come from it really.

Ambrose is definitely the one turning heel this time though isn't he?

18 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah WWE are going to great lengths to try and get Roman over as a face. Never going to happen and they're doing it at the detriment of the overall product and just annoying fans more and more.

The fans aren't just the ones who make the most noise. I understand he is selling plenty of merch.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

The fans aren't just the ones who make the most noise. I understand he is selling plenty of merch.

Yeah I went to see WWE Live in the o2 last Wednesday and was told then that he's now the highest merch seller. I went for a Walk With Elias tshirt though as he's the man.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I was saying this! 

He has the look that Vince likes, i'd have thought he'd be right up there in the company's plans.

Great look, good worker, solid promo. The only thing that could hold him back is nationality. I think in the last 20 years only Sheamus and Balor have held the world title from outside USA/Canada/Mexico and neither were really "the man" .

12 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Great look, good worker, solid promo. The only thing that could hold him back is nationality. I think in the last 20 years only Sheamus and Balor have held the world title from outside USA/Canada/Mexico and neither were really "the man" .

again, I said exactly the same thing. Wonder if he won't ever get to the top spot due to being Scottish.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Apparently Vince is proud of his Irish heritage which is how Hogan ended up being called Hogan and why he liked/pushed Sheamus so much, I wouldn't be shocked that's why he was ok with Balor getting the belt.

On 9/17/2018 at 11:58 PM, pink_triangle said:

I can't believe how much McIntyre has improved compared to his first run. I think he is destined for the main event.

Thats what happens when you go to Impact and you actually develop as a performer, learn how to promo for yourself. Its just a shame that they are wasting Lashley who improved VASTLY at Impact too. It does some however Drew is desperate to make it work this time and be a huge star and Lashley is just happy going along with what they give him and is there for the cash.

Other WWE news

Mysterio has signed a 18 month deal. Couldn't care less tbh. He always bored me in WWE and his best work was WCW. Injures have bogged him down, he was good at the rumble but it was a limited spot. On tv everyweek he will get boring fast. 

I don't understand why WWE keep bringing all these older talents back, why not use the younger guys more. 

I mean I just saw booked for Saudi is HBK & HHH v Brothers of Destruction, yeah, its a nice special attraction but WWE is CLEARLY WCW in the 90s now. Keep relying on all the older guys and newer guys getting wasted, Impact is pushing the younger guys if they were a bigger company im sure some guys would jump over like how Christian did to become a main eventer. 

15 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Thats what happens when you go to Impact and you actually develop as a performer, learn how to promo for yourself. Its just a shame that they are wasting Lashley who improved VASTLY at Impact too. It does some however Drew is desperate to make it work this time and be a huge star and Lashley is just happy going along with what they give him and is there for the cash.

Other WWE news

Mysterio has signed a 18 month deal. Couldn't care less tbh. He always bored me in WWE and his best work was WCW. Injures have bogged him down, he was good at the rumble but it was a limited spot. On tv everyweek he will get boring fast. 

I don't understand why WWE keep bringing all these older talents back, why not use the younger guys more. 

I mean I just saw booked for Saudi is HBK & HHH v Brothers of Destruction, yeah, its a nice special attraction but WWE is CLEARLY WCW in the 90s now. Keep relying on all the older guys and newer guys getting wasted, Impact is pushing the younger guys if they were a bigger company im sure some guys would jump over like how Christian did to become a main eventer. 

I think the Saudi Prince or whoever has given them a f*ck load of money for these shows is asking them to put those types of matches on. I like it, plus it's an additional PPV really anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Enjoyed Raw this week. This acting GM thing has done Corbin wonders.

He was clearly better in wcw, but WWE want him wrestling a style where they get the most milage from him. He offers something different on the roster, the luchadors on 205 live just aren't in his league.