WWE

lharris92

Just now, jump said:

He beat trips for the title and won three times already tho.

Ah see that was before I jumped back in. Was that the really bad main event at WM30?

All I'm saying is WWE are hell bent on him being the top guy. It's frustrating that Brock is never there and we have PPVs where the Universal title isn't even there. Let's just crack on and get that belt on to Reigns now.

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Ah see that was before I jumped back in. Was that the really bad main event at WM30?

All I'm saying is WWE are hell bent on him being the top guy. It's frustrating that Brock is never there and we have PPVs where the Universal title isn't even there. Let's just crack on and get that belt on to Reigns now.

30 was the one Bryan headlined in a triple threat, that's probably the best build up to a 'mania ever and the match was pretty good.

Tbh Reigns first headlined 'mania with Brock was his best one and they have gotten worse and worse, although his opponent have got to take some of the blame for that.

Edited by jump

42 minutes ago, jump said:

30 was the one Bryan headlined in a triple threat, that's probably the best build up to a 'mania ever and the match was pretty good.

Tbh Reigns first headlined 'mania with Brock was his best one and they have gotten worse and worse, although his opponent have got to take some of the blame for that.

Was it 32 with Trips?

8 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

That would explain the Elias segment on RAW this week then... (other than them being in Miami).

Thought it was rather odd.

Mentioned by Usos too on SDL. That was in Tampa I think.

1 hour ago, jump said:

Better than Hogan V Andre, Hogan V Savage, HBK V Austin and Austin V Rock??? Thats without putting much thought. If I had to choose I would go for Hogan V Savage which was pretty much a year build.

6 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Better than Hogan V Andre, Hogan V Savage, HBK V Austin and Austin V Rock??? Thats without putting much thought. If I had to choose I would go for Hogan V Savage which was pretty much a year build.

Imo yeah, Bryan's build up was better than those.

1 hour ago, jump said:

Imo yeah, Bryan's build up was better than those.

Is that just because you like him? I know it's all opinions, but I struggle to see how a 2 month build can beat a 12 month build. People still talk about Hogan/Savage today. I can't see Bryan/Batista/orton being remembered  in 20 years. I struggle to remember the match or build myself!

27 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Is that just because you like him? I know it's all opinions, but I struggle to see how a 2 month build can beat a 12 month build. People still talk about Hogan/Savage today. I can't see Bryan/Batista/orton being remembered  in 20 years. I struggle to remember the match or build myself!

It was probably the only time I've really liked him, before and after there's at least 5 other wrestlers I'd preferred.

You can make the case it started building up fron Summerslam but if we are using lengths of build up to quantify quality then you'll have to put Cena-Rock ahead of it. As a feud I completely agree Hogan-Savage was better, although I never really got into the Mega Powers as a team but for me Bryan was the very rare occasion where the audience actually meant something and genuinely felt like the everyman won against the odds.

Edited by jump

Bryan’s WM30 build started from Summerslam so that’s a solid 7/8 month build. For me that was the greatest Mania moment of all time. I was so invested in it and when he won I have never felt emotion like that in all my years of watching wrestling. It was just incredible. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Bryan’s WM30 build started from Summerslam so that’s a solid 7/8 month build. For me that was the greatest Mania moment of all time. I was so invested in it and when he won I have never felt emotion like that in all my years of watching wrestling. It was just incredible. 

They didn’t have the mania event planned until a couple of months before. Why I choose hogan v Savage is they knew that match more than 12 months before. Also easier to build in those days as less tv.

Edited by pink_triangle

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished SummerSlam. In general enjoyed it. Favorite match being Joe v styles. Nothing was terrible, but 3 squash matched was too much for me. Also usual issues with being too long and too much kicking out of finishes.

My favourite match of weekend was the tag title match of NXT takeover. I preferred that show overall to SummerSlam.

42 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I would guess so but still can’t see that they’ll really get booed. It was amazing to see them back last night!

This might actually be the way to get Roman over...

It would have been amazing if they hadn’t had that botched reunion last year. And getting Roman over is all it’s for.