WWE

lharris92

I think pre Mankind Undertaker was more a character for the kids. People may talk about the poor matches, but as a kid I loved watching him in casket matches against these giants, I didn’t care about the match quality.

I think without Mankind he would have still risen to the same level. The company would have still moved in a more adult direction and he would have adapted.

11 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I think pre Mankind Undertaker was more a character for the kids. People may talk about the poor matches, but as a kid I loved watching him in casket matches against these giants, I didn’t care about the match quality.

I think without Mankind he would have still risen to the same level. The company would have still moved in a more adult direction and he would have adapted.

Agree with this,

As kid my favorite Taker feuds were with Yokozuna and fake undertaker not because the quality of the matches, but because of their story. Back then like the majority of the wwf audience, match quality was not my top priority

Moving on to the late 90s Mick Foley and Kane, brought the best of the Undertaker. Probably the HIAC match at KOTR 98 was the most defiant attitude era match and also Kane Debut has the be one of the best debuts of all time. 

Edited by A-Rob

Agreed with above as usual the post Mania WWE suckfest tradition continues.

That show was utter GARBAGE, should have been called Backtrash.

Rollins v Miz was overbooked to fuck, way too many false finishes, the Rollins knee injury that kept coming and going, seriously I love Rollins but his on and off selling of that injury was dreadful. The finish suffered cus as if he would be able to an effective enough curb stomp with the injury, it looked weak it was just hot garbage, I can't believe how many people online were w*nking off over the match, it was average at best, it just shows if you only watch WWE how low your standards are when you think a match it a 5 star. Fuck off.

Nia v Bliss, Bliss tried her best to get a decent match out of Nia but Nia fucking sucks. She's so limited as wrestler and she can't give a convincing promo, that shit they're feeding her, its underdog promo work, but she's the champion, not the underdog, it doesn't work! The crowd shit all over it. Change the booking of Nia, she ain't a face. Never will be. 

What was next I cant even remember, I'll just talk about what I remember.

Bryan v Cass was ok, but it was just a match that could have been done on SD, I like the storyline of Cass being pissed Bryan is getting all the attention coming off an injury and no one cares about him, I worry about Cass long term, I think he will get lost in the roster, their roster is just too big. 

Carmella v Charlotte was ok for what you expected here, too many rest holds, Carmella did her heel work well, Charlotte as a face I still don't buy into, it was alright, I liked the finish and was right choice to keep Carmella as champion.

Tag match with the Raw guys was horrible I thought, no intensity, was just going through the motions, completely forgetable and no point to it whatsoever.

Hardy v Orton I forgot even happened I just had to look up the matches, yeah it was fine but again nobody cares about this match, no point of it even taking place, nice rub to Hardy I guess, Orton needs to go away for a while hes just existing, seriously if this was the 90's and WCW was still around, Orton should be jumping over there. 

Now the WWE title, which should have been main event, solid match, I thought the chair spot was stupid, could have broke AJ's face how it hit back, these guys are good enough they don't need dangerous spots with a chair like that, Nakamura's booking is better as a heel, I feel you can buy into him more in this role than his face work, overall the match was strong, I fully expected Nakamura to go over, if they do put the strap on him eventually they don't want to wait too long because this feud is already kinda running out of steam, the promo work is nowhere near strong enough to carry this over months and months. Im already sick of the low blows being the focus of this feud and the finish last night was one of the worst in memory. Absolutely AWFUL. The WWE should be ashamed. 

So after this match came to an w*nk finish and they put on the dull raw tag match, they sent out Joe v Reigns last, the crowd were already bored minutes into the match, this match reminded me of Cena v Lesnar where Lesnar destroyed Cena for 30 minutes and then Cena popped up hit a finisher and won, the fast start of this before the bell was great, then they had Joe rest holds for 20 minutes and then lose to Reigns weakass finishers out the blue. The crowd hated the entire match, they knew like we alllllllll did how it was going to end, it was obvious, WWE did some smart booking at Mania, it was a fun show, this show was fucking shit. The roster the WWE has, its inexcusable. If you want a FUN wrestling show, go watch Impact last week, it was a really fun show, no match felt a chore to sit through and I tell you what the commentary was a hell of a lot better than last night. God imagine if WWE didn't have Corey. 

WWE will no doubt just stumble through summer until we get to Summerslam, where they'll put an effort in, perhaps. 

It was a mixed bag for me. I have to admit I skipped quite a bit. The Miz/Rollins match was nearly very good, but Miz was not heelish enough and i didn’t like the kicking out of finishers. 

The Nia Jax promo was one of the worst I have seen, it’s almost like they are trying to turn the bully in to the face!

To me the star was Samoa Joe. I liked his promo and enjoyed his offence in the main event. He benefits from the fact he hadn’t been overexposed like Styles, Owens, Rollins etc.

Looking beyond the matches i continue to find the Graves commentary confusing. I think he is meant to be the heel announcer, yet puts over the baby faces way too much. He was very pessimistic about the chances of Miz and Owens/Zayn which I found strange. It’s hard to imagine Bobby Heenan doing the same, but in fairness I don’t know how he is told to act by his superiors.

15 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Looking beyond the matches i continue to find the Graves commentary confusing. I think he is meant to be the heel announcer, yet puts over the baby faces way too much. He was very pessimistic about the chances of Miz and Owens/Zayn which I found strange. It’s hard to imagine Bobby Heenan doing the same, but in fairness I don’t know how he is told to act by his superiors.

This is something i've been saying to my friends. Why does he change from Heel to Face and back match to match? It's quite weird. He is the best they have out there though, even if he likes to tell you that a superstar might have internal injuries a few times too many.

8 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

This is something i've been saying to my friends. Why does he change from Heel to Face and back match to match? It's quite weird. He is the best they have out there though, even if he likes to tell you that a superstar might have internal injuries a few times too many.

Whether he is the best depends on what role is he meant to be doing which I still don't quite understand. If he is meant to be a heel announcer then he is failing because not many heels are getting over and his praise of the babyfaces isn't subtle enough.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Whether he is the best depends on what role is he meant to be doing which I still don't quite understand. If he is meant to be a heel announcer then he is failing because not many heels are getting over and his praise of the babyfaces isn't subtle enough.

Just in terms of being on a mic he is the best. 

Saxton is non existent.

Coach doesn't add much.

Cole is awful considering how long he has now done that job.

Philips is okay but doesn't have much personality.

1 hour ago, Uncle Liam said:

The announcing has been atrocious on all levels the last few months. 

I still like Mauro, and Nigel McGuinness is exceptional. But they don't use the best announcer they've had in years, which is William Regal. I can see why, but still. 

Mauro is bloody fantastic at it! Gets you well hyped for the matches. 

24 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

In terms of integrating social media and the WWE network into the show I think he is pretty good. Its not what I want from an announcer, but I suspect its what he has been told to focus on. 

nah it's the fact he shouts all the catchphrases and nicknames and makes them very uncool. 

The big dog!

It's boss time!

and always says 'vintage [insert wrestler's name here]'

Also, why do they always have to say 'Think of the momentum [wrestler's name] would gain going into [next ppv] by knocking off [other wrestler's name] here tonight.'

Drives me insane!

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

No doubt it'll be one of the furthest cities away from me as always.

Rest assure it will be further away for me!! I went to Manchester last year for the tapings, the shows were amazing with AJ Styles winning the title being the absolute highlight. 

Might consider going again this year. 

So ALL IN sold out in less than an hour, thats great news.

I also just saw ITV have been filming the WOS shows the last couple of days, seems like spoilers are pretty hard to come across but I saw a few bits, World Title in effect and a Womens title. 

Bad News Barrett appears to be a bit of a GM role, [is he injured or something?] and he is also on commentary alongside, Alex Shane and So Cal Val [who now lives in the UK], I like So Cal Val, always liked her on impact so this is welcomed, I don't like Alex Shane but seems like he is probably the booker. 

No Dave Mastiff on these shows but Grado and Bulldogs son are back, also Will Osprey is on the shows which immediately perks up my interest. Other bigger names are Rampage Brown, Sha Samuels, Lionheart and Doug Williams. I also saw Robbie X is there, I haven't seen him wrestle personally for a few years now but I have in the past and he's pretty class. Here's hoping it turns out decent enough afterall!

On 5/14/2018 at 12:04 AM, luckysalt said:

So ALL IN sold out in less than an hour, thats great news.

I also just saw ITV have been filming the WOS shows the last couple of days, seems like spoilers are pretty hard to come across but I saw a few bits, World Title in effect and a Womens title. 

Bad News Barrett appears to be a bit of a GM role, [is he injured or something?] and he is also on commentary alongside, Alex Shane and So Cal Val [who now lives in the UK], I like So Cal Val, always liked her on impact so this is welcomed, I don't like Alex Shane but seems like he is probably the booker. 

No Dave Mastiff on these shows but Grado and Bulldogs son are back, also Will Osprey is on the shows which immediately perks up my interest. Other bigger names are Rampage Brown, Sha Samuels, Lionheart and Doug Williams. I also saw Robbie X is there, I haven't seen him wrestle personally for a few years now but I have in the past and he's pretty class. Here's hoping it turns out decent enough afterall!

He's been in the same role for Defiant (Whatculture) too I think.