WWE

lharris92

Get on the impact PPV Redemption from last night guys. Really good stuff. Give it a try again or try it for the first time.

The 6 man versus each other was really great. 

They've brought Tessa Blanchard in now, she sat in on commentary, girl can talk! Its crazy that WWE has the best female roster its ever had and yet Impacts is still so strong, don't think there's ever been a better time in Womens wrestling. 

Im really liking the Impact roster at the moment, I know there's a lot of WWE programming out there to watch but just give this a watch and see what you guys think 

18 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

More shite build up for Reigns and Brock yet again. Can this company just get over their hard on for these two having a match? Brock needs to f**k off and somebody other than Reigns needs a shot at a sustained push. These two are the worst part of WWE currently. 

The trouble is they have built Brock as unbeatable, so they have very few realistic contenders. I personally like both, although the mania match was too long. I like tha Brock is a special attraction and doesn’t wrestle every week. 

I had heard this was about to be announced, someone who was working on it who no longer is, said the people doing it have absolutely no clue in what they're doing. This press release seems to back that up, this sounds absolutely DREADFUL and is doomed to fail from this, they mention the UK indie scene but clearly have no idea what makes the UK scene a success.

Anyway. Heres the presser.

ITV commissions new 10-part wrestling series
ITV has commissioned a new 10-part wrestling series from ITV Studios Entertainment.

WOS Wrestling  will be jam-packed with the UK’s top names in the sport, competing in a fun-filled evening of family sports entertainment. 

Recorded in front of a live audience at studios in Norwich, fans will get to see some of the finest pro wrestlers compete in various, intense bouts. At the end of each show, only one will get to take home the coveted WOS Wrestling Championship belt. 

Plus, backstage interviews between rounds will deliver news on what the wrestling stars are thinking – be it elation or frustration. 

Tom McLennan, Creative Director, ITV Studios Entertainment said

“There is a massive indie wrestling scene in the UK and a strong nostalgia for the wrestling shows of our youth. WOS Wrestling will combine the best of the past with incredible talent available today to make a fun, exciting and thrilling show that the whole family can enjoy.”

WOS Wrestling is an ITV Studios Entertainment commission for ITV. It was commissioned by Jane Beacon and Clare Ely. 

Audience tickets are available through https://lostintv.com/

8 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I had heard this was about to be announced, someone who was working on it who no longer is, said the people doing it have absolutely no clue in what they're doing. This press release seems to back that up, this sounds absolutely DREADFUL and is doomed to fail from this, they mention the UK indie scene but clearly have no idea what makes the UK scene a success.

Anyway. Heres the presser.

ITV commissions new 10-part wrestling series
ITV has commissioned a new 10-part wrestling series from ITV Studios Entertainment.

WOS Wrestling  will be jam-packed with the UK’s top names in the sport, competing in a fun-filled evening of family sports entertainment. 

Recorded in front of a live audience at studios in Norwich, fans will get to see some of the finest pro wrestlers compete in various, intense bouts. At the end of each show, only one will get to take home the coveted WOS Wrestling Championship belt. 

Plus, backstage interviews between rounds will deliver news on what the wrestling stars are thinking – be it elation or frustration. 

Tom McLennan, Creative Director, ITV Studios Entertainment said

“There is a massive indie wrestling scene in the UK and a strong nostalgia for the wrestling shows of our youth. WOS Wrestling will combine the best of the past with incredible talent available today to make a fun, exciting and thrilling show that the whole family can enjoy.”

WOS Wrestling is an ITV Studios Entertainment commission for ITV. It was commissioned by Jane Beacon and Clare Ely. 

Audience tickets are available through https://lostintv.com/

When it was on before, it felt like they didn't want to go all in on the wrestling thing. It had that Saturday night entertainment vibe to it.

6 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

When it was on before, it felt like they didn't want to go all in on the wrestling thing. It had that Saturday night entertainment vibe to it.

I agree, its might be ok for some family fun, but wrestling survives on loyal fanbases, this just sounds like ninja warrior in a wrestling skin. If only they gave a UK promotion a Monday night time slot for 9pm-11pm and made it an adult show they could have a real sleeper hit, whack it on ITV2, doesn't need to be ITV1. This thing they're doing isn't wrestling, it will set the UK scene back 20 years.

15 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I agree, its might be ok for some family fun, but wrestling survives on loyal fanbases, this just sounds like ninja warrior in a wrestling skin. If only they gave a UK promotion a Monday night time slot for 9pm-11pm and made it an adult show they could have a real sleeper hit, whack it on ITV2, doesn't need to be ITV1. This thing they're doing isn't wrestling, it will set the UK scene back 20 years.

Yeah exactly that. I thought the studio set up looked horrific. I wonder what the wrestlers thought/think.

Also wonder what Jim Ross thought, I have heard him speak about it a couple of times. He seemed to not want to go too much into it though.

2 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Knew something was happening as a celeb mentioned it on Twitter around Mania time & Grado tweeted back saying to DM him so thought it was coming back.

Grado is back working Impact this week which is great for him, I still can't ever see him being a success over there though, just an enhancement talent.

9 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

The greatest botchamania ever! 

:lol: Titus O'Neill with the moment of the night.

There's a good reason there's never been a 50 man royal rumble before and that's because it's an awful idea.

Titus might just get something out of that tonight, even if it's Shockmaster comedy value.

11 hours ago, OneLittleFish said:

There's a good reason there's never been a 50 man royal rumble before and that's because it's an awful idea.

Titus might just get something out of that tonight, even if it's Shockmaster comedy value.

It was so funny. The commentary team absolutely lost it. Vince is a big kid and was probably loving it too, that'll be why they replay it so many times.

Bit late to this, I watched half Friday and rest Saturday morning with my 6 year old who doesn't like wrestling apart from John Cena [honestly.... I know, sorry...] anyway it was first time he saw Undertaker, he was glued the whole match! Hated the rumble match though that I thought he would enjoy, but he was as bored as me, it was a dreadful rumble. Lets face it, it was a glorified house show. 

I was surprised they didn't do more with the Khali - Strowman standoff, but they hardly faced each other. Rey Mysterio was just there, Mark Henry was in and out, that Sumo guy, WTF was the point in that??? 

The crowd was 50/50, 50% wanted to be there watching the show and the other half just seemed to be there for the sack of it not even really paying attention. I expect they'll probably do this once a year and imagine not many will tune in next time and that belt Strowman won was bloody shite.

10 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Bit late to this, I watched half Friday and rest Saturday morning with my 6 year old who doesn't like wrestling apart from John Cena [honestly.... I know, sorry...] anyway it was first time he saw Undertaker, he was glued the whole match! Hated the rumble match though that I thought he would enjoy, but he was as bored as me, it was a dreadful rumble. Lets face it, it was a glorified house show. 

I was surprised they didn't do more with the Khali - Strowman standoff, but they hardly faced each other. Rey Mysterio was just there, Mark Henry was in and out, that Sumo guy, WTF was the point in that??? 

The crowd was 50/50, 50% wanted to be there watching the show and the other half just seemed to be there for the sack of it not even really paying attention. I expect they'll probably do this once a year and imagine not many will tune in next time and that belt Strowman won was bloody shite.

Google that sumo guy, I can't find anything about him.

I thought the crowd was really into it all to be honest.

LEGIT question here.

Really you have to have been a long time viewer to answer this, I watched since 1989, im rewatching every Raw from beginning and PPV in order so I have some good perspective here but....

If WWE had never signed Mick Foley would The Undertaker be revered in the same view as he is now. 

Seriously watch Undertaker pre Mankind. 

He just drifts from one fued to the other, big men, the year prior to Mankind's arrival he spent the entire year feuding with King Kong Bundy and Kama [The Godfather]. He rarely spoke, he was slow, ploding, his matches pretty much fucking sucked. 

Thats a 6 year span of crap. His stuff is like a Roman Reigns match now. Dull, limited, repetitive. Wooden promo's where he barely spoke much. He was that era's Roman! 

We get to this Mankind arrival though and in these past 6 years he's only held the World title once, back in 91 for the space of a few days. No other titles, yeah come to 96 and he's upper midcard but he's still just a midcarder. 

Mick Foley came in, he was aggressive, Taker become aggressive back, Mankind took Bearer away, it completely changed Taker for the better in ever aspect, he started cutting promo's good promo's, he changed his ring style, became a bad ass who wasn't going to take any shit, he stepped out the Undertaker gimmick of the 1990 Undertaker and pushed it forward. The feud lasted the whole of 96 and come 97 what happens, Taker is winning the big one at Mania. 

Without Foley coming in would Taker have got the title at Mania, would he have reached that level again, or would he have floundered in midcard against big guys still, just existing. 

People think attitude era, and think Austin and Rock etc, but the attitude era started in 96 in my eyes and it was Foley who was a BIG part of kicking that off. The other guy who started it all off who I can go into detail in another post was.... Goldust. But hey this was about Undertaker. I really think if WWE hadn't brought Foley in and done this feud with Taker, Taker would never have gotten to the heights he got to, they probably wouldn't have taken Bearer off him either. 

Whilst im here, if you're reading this and never watched this era of WWE, watch Mankind v Shawn Michales at Mind Games in 1996. God damn at the time when I was watching that I remember thinking damn thats one of the best matches i've ever seen and I was overjoyed when I read Foley's book and he classes it as the best match he ever had.