WWE

lharris92

22 hours ago, jump said:

Rusev vs Taker in a casket match seems such a weird thing to book. 

Its now Taker v Jericho in a casket match.  

EDIT - The reason being given is that Lana wouldn't allow Rusev to be in the match.... weird as fuck

Edited by luckysalt

On 04/12/18 at 9:22 PM, luckysalt said:

Its now Taker v Jericho in a casket match.  

EDIT - The reason being given is that Lana wouldn't allow Rusev to be in the match.... weird as fuck

Looks like Rusev has quit, they took away the Taker match as he was being too disrespectful in a promo which was the last straw for him after not being pushed despite being over.

Finally caught up with all of Mania week stuff (apart from HOF and Takeover) 

Overally i enjoyed it. Mania was a good show but the card order fucked it towards the end.

Battle Royal was meh but i liked the end, most interesting thing for Bray since the Randy stuff.

205 match was great.

Women's BR didn't really do anything for me I'm afraid.

IC 3 way was best match on the card from a technical stand point, really liked it.

SDL Women's was a good match and I'm fine with them ending Asuka's streak but to then do the cash in on SDL made it feel cheap. I would rather they had Mella cash in during this match after Asuka and Charlotte had beat the piss out of each other, mella pins Charlotte and you could say that Asuka hasn't been pinned or submitted in over 900 days instead of saying defeated.

US 4 way, why won't they just give us the Rusev moment we want? And now we get Jinder and Randy again <_<

Mixed Tag was the best entertainment match on the card and Ronda was awesome! Just pure good guy vs bad guy stuff. Stephanie reversing the armbar though haha

SDL tag I can't really remember it. 

Taker vs Cena should have gone on last for me. Also didn't like Cena being told by a ref but then all the theatrics with the hat and coat. Loved that it was a squash match, exactly what it should be.

DB and Shane vs Ko and SZ.

Too much Shane. Nice moment for DB.

Nia vs Bliss was fine and the correct outcome.

AJ vs Nakamura kind of disappointed, just when it was getting going it ended. Wasn't happy about the turn at the time but after SDL I'm more into it, Nakamura's promos are getting better and better. So funny.

Raw tag. Sorry Jim Cornette but i loved this. So silly but it was brilliant and I loved the promo on Raw when Braun relinquished the titles. Face Braun Stroman is everything, he needs a big title this year!

And so we come to the main event, oh boy. So Samoa Joe and Braun Strowman both lose to one F5 but it took six to put Roman away? And after the backlash they got from Summerslam when Brock hardway busted open Randy, why would they do it again? It proper turned my stomach. Not a big fan of blood in wrestling, don't think it's needed.

Brock re-signs to run away with the belt for a few more months and we have to wait for them to climax on the Roman experiment even longer. 

Enjoyed Raw and SDL and the week overall though. 

Edited by WS_Jack_III

On 15/04/2018 at 3:16 AM, Andre91 said:

Ronda’s match was by far the best of the night and she is going to be (and already is) an absolute star. 

Agree

Ronda vs Charlotte has the potential to main event, WM next year. 

14 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

So now they've changed it BACK to Rusev v Undertaker in a casket match at GRR.

WTF is going on....

Draft in 1 hour, im staying up for it, anyone else...

Might stay up for the first hour and are you sure, Jericho was posting all about it on instagram.

edit: Lana has tweeted about it. Very strange.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

So Drafts done, Smackdown now has AJ, Naka, Bryan, Miz, Joe, Jeff Hardy, Rusev and the tag division has Bar, Uso's, New Day, Club 

Raw has Kevin Owens, Rollins and Strowman that I really like and..... erm. 

All im talking about is in ring work.

Raw has all the characters now and SD has all the guys with work rate, hell even Orton can still go when he's motivated to.

Roode's WWE style is SHITE or i'd say I like him, the main event scene is what? Lesnar, not there and....Reigns....

Finn, Strowman and Rollins are in mid card

I like Sami in doses, he's been better in this heel role lately. 

Its a DAMN shame though, SD has all the workers and a shorter show, Raw is gunna be good promo's and awful matches every week now. SD is absolutely STACKED for a 90 minute show [when you take out ads]

I haven't spoke about womens division because they're pretty even IMO. Becky really needed to move to Raw however. I would have a summer long feud with Bayley and Sasha where it gets really intense they have a huge blow off where they get to the point where they really hate each other, and the one who loses at a PPV say to Kurt I really can't stay on Raw now after all this please trade me to SD, Kurt say I can't just give SD you I need someone back, then Becky say's I'll go to Raw im being wasted here and they do a trade mid summer. Would work well. 

Smackdown definitely had the better of the deal! 

From a womens division perspective having Charlotte and Asuka on the same show is huge. Apart from Rousey RAW doesn't really have anyone decent from that division.

Smackdown won in the ratings this time last year and I wouldn't be surprised if that was to become the case again - asssuming RAW took back #1 over 2017?

Alverez makes a good point. 

Men's division doesn't really have anyone that can lead for the next decade (they obviously think it's Roman) but the women's has Charlotte Flair and now Rousey. 

The women's div is really good atm, I think they should add a cross brand mid card title for them now.

22 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Its a DAMN shame though, SD has all the workers and a shorter show, Raw is gunna be good promo's and awful matches every week now. SD is absolutely STACKED for a 90 minute show [when you take out ads]

I would argue that Smackdowns length is an advantage. Very few people want to watch a 3 hour weekly wrestling show. I’m not convinced the quality of work will have much impact on ratings. The programs will succeed if they can create characters/rivalries that interest potential viewers. The attitude era was full of “over” wrestlers in awful matches.

59 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I would argue that Smackdowns length is an advantage. Very few people want to watch a 3 hour weekly wrestling show. I’m not convinced the quality of work will have much impact on ratings. The programs will succeed if they can create characters/rivalries that interest potential viewers. The attitude era was full of “over” wrestlers in awful matches.

My point is, all the workers are on SD but its a shorter show, so there isn't as much time as Raw for them to have longer matches, or all of them even appear on one show. Raw is always going to be promo driven but SD has always been more the wrestling show since the days it had Angle, Lesnar, Eddie and Benoit on it. I also worry even more about Finn on Raw now, the pro Gay stuff isn't going to be enough. With the Club beside him at least he could show a little character, now he doesn't even have that! He's gunna get further lost in amongst all the people who can cut a promo or be a character. 

And regarding Men's division not having anyone to carry it long term... Rollins baby, Rollins. He's got it all. Just needs booking right.

27 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

My point is, all the workers are on SD but its a shorter show, so there isn't as much time as Raw for them to have longer matches, or all of them even appear on one show. 

And regarding Men's division not having anyone to carry it long term... Rollins baby, Rollins. He's got it all. Just needs booking right.

If they don't wrestle every week, surely thats a good thing. There is little to gain from being overexposed. Also why do they need long matches. A great wrestler should be capable of a great 10/15 minutes match.

I also disagree that Rollins has it all. He certainly doesn't have great mic skills.

Bobby Lashley is supposed to be a badass right? 

I missed his first run with the company but I always hear about him supposedly being a bit of a badass. 

Why does he come out with that stupid sweatband on his head then? Looks goofy as f*ck!

He actually looks like a Ninja Turtle :lol:

13 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Bobby Lashley is supposed to be a badass right? 

I missed his first run with the company but I always hear about him supposedly being a bit of a badass. 

Why does he come out with that stupid sweatband on his head then? Looks goofy as f*ck!

He actually looks like a Ninja Turtle :lol:

He was very average in his first run, since he's been with Impact all this time he's improved so much, he will be able to have a match with anyone and it will be strong, he's as close to Angle as you're gunna get these days. Im not sure how they will let him work in WWE but in Impact whilst he held the strap which he did A LOT, he had tons of 30 minute matches with everyone and they were all pure workrate. You should try looking up some of the matches. 

Basically in his first WWE run people struggled to carry him to a decent match IMO, now he will with ease carry anyone to a strong match, seriously he will be able to work with anyone. There's a lot of dream matches he could have, a lot of people want to see Lashley v Lesnar, I don't Lesnar is too lazy, if it was Lashley now v Lesnar 2003 then hell yes. I wanna see Lashley v Rollins as they're both on Raw.

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 6:10 PM, metallimuse said:

Reports saying Lashley won’t be facing Brock as they want to book him in a similar vein and if Brock loses it’s gunna be to a younger star with potential.

The weird thing is since his return he's lost to Goldberg, Undertaker, Trips and John Cena so much for youth. They should of just had the passing the torch moment with Rollins or Braun going over clean already.