WWE

lharris92

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Lesnar ‘re-signs’ with WWE and Lesnar vs. Reigns happening AGAIN at this stupid Greatest Royal Rumble thing in Saudi Arabia. For FUCK’S sake. This is pathetic. Obviously know that Roman will get cheered over there. How does these even make sense from a kayfabe POV? He lost clean last night. This is so damn stupid. 

I wonder if they will have Reigns win the strap over there. 

Im surprised Lesnar has done a new deal. If hes sticking around they need to move a lot of Main event guys around cus Lesnar has done most of the Raw guys now. Guess they will swap the main two title holders over on the brands. 

19 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I thought it was a great Mania up until the last hour. 

Seth’s entrance was BAD ASS. I loved the contact lenses. 

Jinder winning is your yearly reminder that Vince doesn’t give a damn what you want (how dare they do that to Rusev on Rusev Day!) 

Ronda’s match was hugely entertaining and stole the night to me. She’s going to be just fine, isn’t she? She is a star. 

How totally and utterly pointless Cena vs. Undertaker was.  

Daniel Bryan’s return was incredible, the pop, the chants, it was amazing. That’s your guy. 

Total waste of Asuka’s streak and I didn’t see Nakamura’s heel turn coming but I dug it. He needs a mouth piece for sure, though. 

Nicholas :mellow:

THAT MAIN EVENT. That main event was the single worst main event I can remember. The crowd shat all over it. They did not want to see that match and made it totally clear through their apathy. I think that was an audible on the night to have Brock retain. Just a shite match. The same moves over and over and over. The blood with Reigns was not needed (he was bleeding so profusely). Why repeat that Randy spot? It’s so dangerous. I would have rather Reigns won than Brock continuing to hold the title hostage. I am so sick of Brock Lesnar. WTF happens going forward now? 

I disagree with a lot of that. I think there is logic for Jinder winning the title. I think they invested a load of time in him when they gave him the big belt, without the title he didnt really have any direction. I think having invested the time, they cant give up on him now.

I also enjoyed the Undertaker V Cena match which I felt was fine for it was. I didnt really want to see them go any longer. You had the entrance, tombstone and Taker win which is exactly ho it should have been.

I dont think it was a waste of Asuka streak. Charlotte is the best woman they have had, she should be the person that they are pushing and this is a big win for her.

The main event wasnt close to the worst main event I have seen, but would have been better at 10 minutes, I felt it started well and ran out of steam. I personally liked the use of the blood/

15 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I see lots of people calling for Balor to take to the strap from Lesnar now but I think he would be boring as champ. 

Could anyone really take seriously Balor beating Brock?

12 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Styles/Nakamura was a very good match but one of the biggest let downs, I'm not sure if both guys really are past it, they had 20 minutes and when they the match started to go to the next level, it ended. It's become more and more apparent, Nakamura went to WWE as it's easier on his body and doesn't need to do so much, he gets over with his charisma. Japan is build around work rate and a lot more physical.  I was wanting MOTY quality like the last one they had but wasn't even in top 3 matches on show.

Everything else on the show was pretty much filler. When you have a main event on the biggest show of the year, and your fans aren't watching, but playing with beach balls and chanting "this is awful", then that is a problem IMO. Far too long of a show but had it's moments so I can't call it a  bad show but it wasn't a good show either.

Styles has had plenty of good matches in the WWE, so I think he has a lot left in the tank.  Last week I said the match would be lost in the shuffle and neither had the skills on the mic to build a world title wrestlemania feud and I havent changed my mind. It was a good match, but did not feel special and nobody cared who won or lost. If Nakamura has toned things down in the WWE then credit to him, there is no point getting crippled if you can get reactions without hurting your body.

The length was a huge problem. It took me the whole day watching a bit at a time. People (generally) dont want to watch wrestling for 7 hours. I think they need to be more ruthless and cut some people off the card, if they carry on we will continuously see dead crowds by the main event.

12 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

It was a decent show. Started really amazing and lost it's way after the Rousey match (can't believe I typed that) She done really good and my only problem with the match was, Stephanie should not be able to defend the armbar, Maybe it's because I watched all of her ufc run and it was so devastating and nobody ever escaped it. That match was so well laid out and booked though.

My only problem with that match is Steph was allowed to be strong. She got in too much offence and lasted way too long in a submission hold. I think to get Rousey over the strongest you cant suggest that a non wrestler can be at all competitive with her.

32 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Could anyone really take seriously Balor beating Brock?

No. Same for Bryan vs Brock. 

25 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

My only problem with that match is Steph was allowed to be strong. She got in too much offence and lasted way too long in a submission hold. I think to get Rousey over the strongest you cant suggest that a non wrestler can be at all competitive with her.

They're doing Austin vs Vince part 2 with Ronda. Vince had no business looking strong against Austin but he did at times. 

Wrestlemania as usual was too long and the matches were in the wrong order, although its easy to say that with the benefit of hindsight. Nakamura and Styles ended just as they were starting to wake the crowd up and should have had another 5 minutes at least, Reigns/Lesnar on the other hand should have been more like Lesnar/Goldberg from last year, quick and intense. The stretcher spot with Bryan was dumb and completely killed the crowd investment in that match.

I enjoyed Wrestlemania, especially the first half which was done brilliantly, however the second part of the show was a snoozer and the people were tired.

I think they should go back to one hour pre show and 4 hour main show. WM would have been better without the cruiserweight title, US title and Raw tag-team titles. I get it they try to give everyone a chane at WM, however this is having a negative impact on the overall show as 7 hrs is way too much 

4 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Vince never reversed or got out of a stunner though. Stephanie escaped 4 armbars.

I agree, it made no sense and wasn't necessary.

As always too many kicking out of finishers. It's sad that when a wrestler does his finishing moves, I'm more surprised if it leads to a pin, then a kick out.

Those saying Bryan couldn't beat Lesnar....

Bret beat Diesel

Eddie beat Lesnar

Shawn beat Sid

I can go on.... Easily. We all know the crowd would eat up Bryan beating Lesnar with a spoon, grind him down with his kicks, the crowd wouldn't shit on it and once the title is around Bryan who cares. People are bored of Lesnar with the title, they don't want Roman, Bryan is hot, they should make the switch next week.

Sadly I can see Reigns winning it on the 27th.

Raw was alright, whole lot of returns and call ups, can't see No Way Jose lasting with that gimmick, AOP will get over, Lashley looked good, he's improved so much in impact, he can go a 20-30 minute match and it won't get boring, for those who only watch WWE he's a far cry from when he was last here. I look forward to seeing who he faces this year. 

Felt a bit sorry for Paige, that crowd was a bit too rowdy for a retirement speech, good luck to her.

Bryan vs. Brock would be fine. Bryan is a technician. Like lucky said, the crowd would love it. Mind you, Brock doesn’t have good matches anymore. He just does the same shit over and over and over. Get that belt off him ASAP. 

Edited by Andre91