WWE

lharris92

6 hours ago, Uncle Liam said:

Hardy's come back for the nostalgia pop. Can easily go to broken once they've lost the tag belts. 

Still, Matt was leading the delete chants.

Lesnar v Goldberg was fantastic. 

It's weird. For the social media stuff he was talking in normal Matt voice but saying DELIGHTFUL, WONDERFUL and DELETE.

It's like he's half broken. Class regardless though.

Does anybody else find it weird that they didn't bill that as Undertaker's last match? Selling it as such could have enticed people in for the nostalgia of it all.

Let's have some out of 10 ratings.

I'm saying 8, first half of the show was fantastic, wasn't keen on Randy going over, Taker vs Reigns was probably as good as it could have been. AJ vs Shane match of the night, Hardy Boyz return was great.

I'm sure SDL women's was supposed to be on the preshow, some jump up the card that was. Didn't really work for me either but was glad Naomi won.

Shane vs. AJ was bloody brilliant. Match of the night by some way. 

I also find it odd that if it really was Taker's last match, they didn't advertise it as so. Having his final match would sell every ticket under the sun, so I find it really strange that they didn't bill it as that. He is done though, for sure, I think. 

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Shane vs. AJ was bloody brilliant. Match of the night by some way. 

I also find it odd that if it really was Taker's last match, they didn't advertise it as so. Having his final match would sell every ticket under the sun, so I find it really strange that they didn't bill it as that. He is done though, for sure, I think. 

Do you think it was a last minute decision on his behalf?

Making me laugh everyone saying it's a disgrace the way he has been treated if it is his final match. 

Undertaker is all school and would have wanted to put Roman over.

47 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Do you think it was a last minute decision on his behalf?

No. Well planned out. Announcing it as his final match would've given away the result. Taker isn't retiring without putting someone over clean.

Making me laugh everyone saying it's a disgrace the way he has been treated if it is his final match. 

Undertaker is all school and would have wanted to put Roman over.

Yep. For example he told the locker room that he was going to beat up Michaels if he didn't drop the belt to Austin at WM14 as HBK was acting up.

Botch or two in the match but understandable I suppose. Taker has a load of operations ahead of him now. 

20 minutes ago, The Nal said:

No. Well planned out. Announcing it as his final match would've given away the result. Taker isn't retiring without putting someone over clean.

Yep. For example he told the locker room that he was going to beat up Michaels if he didn't drop the belt to Austin at WM14 as HBK was acting up.

Botch or two in the match but understandable I suppose. Taker has a load of operations ahead of him now. 

I suppose you're right but surely nobody expecting him to come away with the W.

Cool that they left his gear in the ring for ages after the show.

12 minutes ago, DavisO89 said:

Was anyone else a little bit surprised at the lack of backstage segments, Samoa Joe, and the complete insignificance of The New Day being hosts?

I was surprised, especially the lack of New Day but tbh they got it right. Think all we got was Rollins taping his knee up didn't we? 

3 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I was surprised, especially the lack of New Day but tbh they got it right. Think all we got was Rollins taping his knee up didn't we? 

Thats all I remember, thought Daniel Bryan might pop up in Shane's corner or something. Timing wise its probably a good job there wasn't much non-wrestling bits, just a little odd to see these days. RAW should be a decent watch tonight though. Nakamura to Smackdown?

40 minutes ago, DavisO89 said:

Thats all I remember, thought Daniel Bryan might pop up in Shane's corner or something. Timing wise its probably a good job there wasn't much non-wrestling bits, just a little odd to see these days. RAW should be a decent watch tonight though. Nakamura to Smackdown?

Nakamura to SDL I would hope. 

What are we getting tonight then? New GM (Kurt?) Finn and a Hardy Boyz segment?

Enjoyed it. Action was good.

Gronk can fuck off.

A shame that Neville/Aries was relegated to the pre-show.

Styles/Shane was a great show opener.

Hardys will hopefully stick around, although if they start doing the 'broken' stuff, i'd rather they didn't.

HHH/Rollins was great. Props to Steph for taking another bump.

Enjoyed Bray-Orton but the wrong man went over. I don't think we need another Orton title reign.

Brock-Goldberg was tiresome.

Happy Naomi won, not happy it was Alexa that tapped. The two women's matches were probably the weakest on the main show I thought.

Reigns going over was good.

Decent show.

Edited by Andeeroo

Just finished catching up. All in all was a good show. Taker/Reigns was booked as well as I could have hoped. Liked the way they did the part where he was unable to sit up near the end. I'm sure they had to convince him to do some of those symbolic end of career moments, as he would have just wanted to lose clean and put on a normal match, being the kind of guy he was. 

As has been said, AJ/o'mac was the match of the night. Shane is a fantastic wrestler that doesn't get the credit he deserves for his work that isn't big spots. They suited each other perfectly. 

Skipped through the cena/miz match & what I assume was a proposal, just couldn't stomach it. 

And didn't enjoy the Orton win or the smackdown women's match. All others were passable to good imo. Great pop for the Hardys. I guess the New Day had a role in that so they did do something at least. 

Anyway, the deadman will be missed. What a career. 

Edited by mjsell

On 03/04/2017 at 5:20 AM, WS_Jack_III said:

Quite enjoyed that. 

AJ vs Shane stole the show for me.

Annoyed that Bray lost, Hardy Boyz(not fully Broken though) return was epic! 

End of an era, bye bye deadman.

Aj v Shane was my favourite match as well. For all the criticism of Shane as an opponent, if they had used someone like Balor or Samoa Joe, it's just like any TV match. Also Shane (unlike Aj) is very charismatic and I feel their different strengths gelled together .

I predicted when Hardys returned it would be generic Hardy boys.WWE were always going to cater to the mainstream at mania.

36 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Aj v Shane was my favourite match as well. For all the criticism of Shane as an opponent, if they had used someone like Balor or Samoa Joe, it's just like any TV match. Also Shane (unlike Aj) is very charismatic and I feel their different strengths gelled together .

I predicted when Hardys returned it would be generic Hardy boys.WWE were always going to cater to the mainstream at mania.

They're going to struggle to ignore the broken gimmick. They were on Raw talk last night, that'll be the biggest indication to what Matt is going to be doing.

Watched first hour and a half of Raw. Here's something I don't understand, so everyone boos Roman because they don't like him being pushed, the boos are a way of telling Vinnie Mac that you don't like the way he's taking the product.

Vinnie Mac appears on Raw and people cheer the sh*t out of him, sing his theme song and just all round look pleased to see him.

WTF

31 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Watched first hour and a half of Raw. Here's something I don't understand, so everyone boos Roman because they don't like him being pushed, the boos are a way of telling Vinnie Mac that you don't like the way he's taking the product.

I actually think a lot of people boo Reigns because it's almost become part of the show and a lot of people are following the crowd. I'm not convinced everyone really doesn't like him, people are certainly buying a lot of merch for someone who is so disliked.

My overall view was the show was enjoyable. Nothing was amazing, but nothing was terrible. There was a good mix of different types of matches and everyone seemed to work hard.

My main disappointment was the end to the Bray match which seemed anti climactic and nobody cared about the feud. I thought it was a great send off for undertaker and I keep changing my mind about best match between that one and Aj v Shane. Taker is old school and would want to go out losing. Austin did the same and I don't think anyone even knew he was finished.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I actually think a lot of people boo Reigns because it's almost become part of the show and a lot of people are following the crowd. I'm not convinced everyone really doesn't like him, people are certainly buying a lot of merch for someone who is so disliked.

Yeah his merch is way ahead of everyone else isn't it?

I hope they run with him being all smug and embracing the hate, makes him much more interesting.

I like him in the ring already, just character that I found bland.

Thought mania was decent but far from a great show. Hardys was the best part and I think the reason they aren't full broken is because TNA are in a legal battle over the rights. Michael Cole did  say "things are about to be broken" and Matt is doing the taunt. hopefully Nakamura debuts tonight.

raw spoilers ..

RAW was good, The Revival, Balor, Vince and plenty of heat on Reigns.

Back to Mania, I thought Ladder match was MOTN closely followed by AJ/Shane, 

Goldberg/Lesnar was good for what it was, much better than the terrible Wyatt/Orton match. One of the most forgettable title matches in mania history. 

Happy Taker has finally called it a day.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

17 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Yeah his merch is way ahead of everyone else isn't it?

I hope they run with him being all smug and embracing the hate, makes him much more interesting.

I like him in the ring already, just character that I found bland.

His merch sells ok but he isn't the top seller (it's still Cena) and is pushed a lot more than the others, apparently the reason Ambrose became champ when Reigns was suspended was because his merch sales were better.

Edited by jump