8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Any guesses on the NXT call ups? I'm going for: 

Finn 
Nakamura 
Bayley
American Alpha
Austin Aries 
Nia Jax 

Also going for AJ and Cena as the first two picks. It should be Dean because both brands should want the champion, but I'm not so sure they will choose him first.  

Think it will be two men, two females and two teams. 

Men - Finn and hmmm maybe Joe.

Females yeah I agree with your picks

Teams - Alpha and Revival.

Don't agree on AJ AT ALL. Ahead of him will be Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose and Lesnar. 

I think first two picks will be Reigns and Rollins with both Commissioners banking Ambrose will lose the title on Sunday to each of their picks.

29 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I can't see them getting anything.  When you see the names on the list it looks like a who's who of the looking for quick cash club. 

Agree yeah. An untrustworthy bunch. 

I'll never forgive Earl Hebner for screwing over Hulk Hogan on Saturday Nights Main Event in 1988. 

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I can't see them getting anything.  When you see the names on the list it looks like a who's who of the looking for quick cash club. 

Agreed. It's just full of people who haven't been relevant since the early 90's.

Probably going to watch the draft live tonight, I'm a bit bored of the product just now though. New Japan G1 Climax has started which is getting most of my attention for now.

Raw came out looking very strong in draft, they got potential main eventers in KO, Samy Zayn, Cesaro, the best in the Womens division and the best the tag division and they are getting the cruiserweight division as well. RAW should be intresting in the coming months.

On the other hand, smackdown is looking  weak,  it will be the B show for sure despite going live 

33 minutes ago, A-Rob said:

Raw came out looking very strong in draft, they got potential main eventers in KO, Samy Zayn, Cesaro, the best in the Womens division and the best the tag division and they are getting the cruiserweight division as well. RAW should be intresting in the coming months.

On the other hand, smackdown is looking  weak,  it will be the B show for sure despite going live 

Yeah, it seemed that they thought they could just get away with putting Cena and Ambrose on smackdown and rely on them for popularity. Ambrose is nailed on to retain at battleground now it seems, otherwise smackdown really would be lacking any sort of star power. 

My question, whats happening with the supposed returns of old stars to beef up the rosters?

36 minutes ago, A-Rob said:

Its a bad  split for the names you have mentioned due to the level of competition on raw. Its a good split for the likes of Bray and AJ who will get more opportunities and be treated as bigger stars.

The NXT call ups made little logical sense from a storyline perspective (due to bigger stars being left behind) but I can understand how WWE may think its now or never for the likes of Mojo, Bliss, Carmella etc.

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Yeah, it seemed that they thought they could just get away with putting Cena and Ambrose on smackdown and rely on them for popularity. Ambrose is nailed on to retain at battleground now it seems, otherwise smackdown really would be lacking any sort of star power. 

My question, whats happening with the supposed returns of old stars to beef up the rosters?

I would imagine they will introduce them gradually to make them more special. If there are plans to do brand specific ppv then smackdown will definitely need padding out.

4 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I would imagine they will introduce them gradually to make them more special. If there are plans to do brand specific ppv then smackdown will definitely need padding out.

Hmm yeah. I'm hoping for Angle to come out and challenge Rusev after he beats Ryder on Sunday. There's a feud I could get behind.

That episode of RAW was flawless. Absolutely brilliant. Enjoyed it from start to finish, and that isn't something I've been able to say for a very, very long time. 

So happy for Sasha, it was really emotional seeing her come full circle. 

Finn also, wow. They're strapping a rocket to him from the off and the crowd seems to be loving it. 

On a much smaller note, YES that they are using rock music again for the shows intro. New set looks great too, I think. 

Looking forward to seeing how SmackDown can follow it up. 

Edited by Andre91