WWE

lharris92

2 hours ago, jump said:

So Reings vs AJ...they really haven't learnt their lesson. Reigns going over the fan favourites will not make a popular with fans but with no other heels left I suppose they haven't got many choices.

They aren't doing it to get him over, they are doing it to piss off the fans, Styles, behind Ambrose is the most popular guy on the roster. If we don't  like Reigns then they will just book him against the guy the people love. Reigns came off quite heelish in his promo last night, hope he  keeps that kind of character work, better in a tweener role than pure babyface. 

Wonder when Bullet Club are going to debut? They could help Styles win the title but that  would be stupid, They have spent so much time with Reigns, would be silly to have him lose first defense. I think he keeps title at least Summerlam.

Raw was bad until the last 45 minutes, A great debut, a great return and a great main event match. Shane gets to run raw after all of that, not eve selling his injury from the night before.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

Falcon Arrow, the guy who is known to leak stuff (and is usually right) did an AMA on reddit last night before RAW, he has now deleted his account for some reason but here are some of the things he said.

spoilers obviously.

On how the Wyatt Family is booked: Vince thinks he made another Undertaker so he uses them to make others look strong. Truth is he made Papa Shango 2. This makes me sad.

On the possibility of HIAC being the last match @ Mania: Yes. It would have involved the Wyatts and I was very excited. Alas it was scrapped way before the fight ever happened.

Plans for Mania lineup before the injury rush: Cena vs Undertaker, Rollins vs Reigns vs Ambrose, Lesnar vs Wyatt

Teased Enzo appearing on Raw later in the night, confirmed Corbin is on main roster now, gave his personal opinion that Takeover was better than Mania.

Tease for Maryse return: However I think this sub will be disappointed in one return that causes a title change tonight. Who knows though, I really like it though. Also correctly noted that the main event would be a 4 way and that the Bullet Club would not debut. Also teased a Cesaro return.

Who was the person besides Barrett who gave notice: I think its apparent now that it was Brie.

On The Authority: From what I know they are going bye bye for a while very soon.

Does WWE care about Roman getting booed?: WWE I think knows its there. Vince does not care. Roman is the guy.

On NXT/Samoa Joe: Takeover continually proves to be a success for the company and its fantastic. Not sure about Joe's future but know that they totally want him for a main roster run.

Seth Rollins return date: Tentatively looks like May from what they've seen. Thinks he will return as a face.

Someone asked him which question he thought would be asked, and to answer it. Q- Who is the most miserable wrestler that you have met? A - Emma. She is mean.

Claimed that if he would've filled out a scorecard of Mania finishes on Thursday, he'd have been 100% correct (no last minute booking changes).

No injuries at Mania, besides Roman's Pride. Also said he's slated to be champion at least through Summerslam.

Personal opinion that Breeze has no future in the WWE. People really like Becky Lynch and she's a hard worker (maybe not the frontrunner but if someone goes down a great substitution. Complete asset). Corbin is a "lone wolf" IRL - doesn't talk much, but people like him. 

Thinks, barring injury, there's a 99.9% chance you'll see Kevin Owens challenging for the WWE title in some matches this year.

Barrett still leaving, has a legends deal where they can still use his likeness.

On Paige's push: She is an interesting one - mainly because everything keeps wavering it seems. Theres been talk of everything from making her the champion to putting her with the Wyatts. Problem is nothing ever sticks as the attention is focused (and should be focused) on Charlotte / Becky / Sasha as the Women's title comes more into focus. I think in 6/7 months you're gonna start seeing her spots frequent more but dont quote me.

He doesn't know of anyone actually having a problem with Lana.

Its taken a couple of days to watch the things, but in my view its one of the worst wrestlemanias ever.

IC match - HBK V Razor and TLC were both wrestlemania classics, but there was actually a point in having the ladders.  This was a ladder match for the sake of having a ladder match. It was completely forgettable and it seemed they gave it to Ryder just to be unpredictable

Jericho V Styles - Decent match, but I didn't feel it was a feud that needed to continue or Jericho needed a win.

New day V League of nations - Forgettable. Also a terrible use of HBK, Austin and Foley

Brock v Dean - Ok but just seemed to end suddenly.  Hurt by the fact there was no heel. I think this was Ambroses big change to shine and I'm not sure he took it.

Womans championship - Best match of the night, good wrestling, good chemistry, good faces and heels.

Undertaker V Shane - Enjoyable as expected, again hurt by not having a strong heel and I didn't need to see Shane kicking out of big taker moves.

Battle Royal - Didn't really care, Corbin as good a choice as anyone to win

Rock V Wyatts - Was obvious they would be in this segment when they weren't in the battle royal.  Poor segment which didn't make any of the Wyatts look strong. I hope it leads to Bray V Rock or else it was completely pointless.

World title - Solid match but without the strong babyface fans didn't care.

To end on a positive note Kalisto V Ryback was pretty good on the pre show,

7 hours ago, jump said:

So Reings vs AJ...they really haven't learnt their lesson. Reigns going over the fan favourites will not make a popular with fans but with no other heels left I suppose they haven't got many choices.

Enzo and Big Cass on the main roster though :)

Agree with the decision to bring Enzo and big Cass up.  While they (Cass particular) are a bit green, they have chemistry that you cant waste. I think with NXT theres a danger of making sure people are too ready before they are on the main roster.  Put them with the right people who can hide their weaknesses and I think they can flourish and learn on the job.  My big fear is that Vince will split them up purely to push Cass.

Also agree with the decision to bring up Corbin. The roster is lacking heels and I think his gimmick of hating the indie darlings could be good.

Don't agree with calling up Crews, he has a lot going for him, but think he is still finding a character on NXT. Also felt a bit sorry for Cesaro, while its a big match to return. It will probably end up a bit lost in the shuffle with everything else

pink triangle I completely agree with everything you wrote above in your last two posts, completely agree. Wow. 

I've heard Bullet Club are debut and cost Styles the chance of becoming champion. Not sure if that means they become a group with Reigns and Reigns turns heel, or just cost Styles the title and start a fued going there.

Yep the locations chosen for this NXT tour, has been quite different from the one's that the wwe/nxt usually do.

Anyone heard a word where the November UK Raw/Smackdown will take place ?

Back in the desert and by christ do I never want to travel anywhere ever again. 

Anyway...

The highlights were

Michael Hayes' freebird speech was just incredible. The Hof was dying a death until that point. The building was actually only about 70% full and the atmosphere was flat. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it was stifled, it was corporate, it was just stale. I was really hungover and basically dying for my bed... and then 45 minutes on non stop laughter. Well, 40 and the 5 minutes Kevin Von Erich was up there. 

Sami Zayn v Nakumura was unbelievable. Best atmosphere for the weekend and what a match, although it did seem that it was a spot fest rather than a match at times. Nakamura is a great great man but I can't help but feel he's the new Sin Cara. 

Joe v Balor was a great match as well, although I expected it to go longer. 

The whole of the NXT show was great to be honest.

Dave Meltzer is the nicest guy in the world. 

I went to the Evolve show and that was as good as you'd expect. Will Ospreay v Ricochet was an incredible match, although the ceiling was too low. Eddie Deens Ranch is such a great venue for pro wrestling. Remember on those old Boxing games on the SNES or Megadrive, and you'd start off fighting in some bar... that bar was Eddie Deens Ranch. Everyone in the crowd was so hungover after NXT. 

I made it to the second half of the ROH tapings on the Saturday (as did prety much everyone else who was at the Evolve show) and saw a great four way tag match with The Young Bucks, The Brisco's, MCMG and Daniels and Kazarian. It was a good show but if matches went out of the ring hardly anyone could see anything. 

As for Mania... I am DREADING watching the show on TV. I've heard various things said but the crowd popped when Reigns speared Stephanie and after that he was booed out of the building every time. I heard they turned the crowd down on the live broadcast... wouldn't surprise me. 

It was awesome seeing it live and the show flew by. But even seeing it there in person it was pretty clear that Undertaker and Shane weren't really doing anything. The matches were mostly good but when you have basically all your top full timers in the first two matches where do you go? 

I thought Raw sucked! No big angles, no big debuts, nice to see Cesaro and the main event ruled, but Miz as IC champion? Shane running Raw anyway? No Hunter, no Steph, No Brock, No Paul Heyman. Even the crowd died down I thought... I just drank lots of Leffe. 

Scott Steiner no showed Wrestlecon. I have an unused Scott Steiner photo op ticket and it is the most authentic piece of wrestling memorabilia I own. The true Scott Steiner experience. 

DDP is also the nicest man in the world. That guy couldn't give you enough time. 

And I met BUSHWHACKER LUKE in my hotel lobby at 0630 in the morning, where he was splitting a room with Honky Tonk Man! He was seriously grumpy, I asked him for a selfie, he begrudgingly accepted, went into character for five seconds and then straight back out. What a guy.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Uncle Liam said:

Sami Zayn v Nakumura was unbelievable. Best atmosphere for the weekend and what a match, although it did seem that it was a spot fest rather than a match at times. Nakamura is a great great man but I can't help but feel he's the new Sin Cara. 

I went to the Evolve show and that was as good as you'd expect. Will Ospreay v Ricochet was an incredible match, although the ceiling was too low. Eddie Deens Ranch is such a great venue for pro wrestling. Remember on those old Boxing games on the SNES or Megadrive, and you'd start off fighting in some bar... that bar was Eddie Deens Ranch. Everyone in the crowd was so hungover after NXT. 

How is he the new Sin Cara? He failed to adapt to the style, Nakamura has had one match and has already done more than Sin Cara ever did in his run. I can't even recall a memorable Sin Cara match. WWE would be stupid not to push him and he is on main event money already so I hope they have big plans for him, Tokyo network special in July with Jericho is the rumor

Ospreay/Ricochet is my favourite match from mania weekend that I saw.  Loved it.

3 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

How is he the new Sin Cara? He failed to adapt to the style, Nakamura has had one match and has already done more than Sin Cara ever did in his run. I can't even recall a memorable Sin Cara match. WWE would be stupid not to push him and he is on main event money already so I hope they have big plans for him, Tokyo network special in July with Jericho is the rumor

Ospreay/Ricochet is my favourite match from mania weekend that I saw.  Loved it.

It's the hope that hurts the most. 

Ospreay and Richochet I was in the front row for. You might have seen me in my BANG t shirt.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 7:37 AM, Uncle Liam said:

I thought Raw sucked! No big angles, no big debuts, nice to see Cesaro and the main event ruled, but Miz as IC champion? Shane

While Miz may not be able to wrestle 5 star matches, he is able to at least get some heel heat something that Owens has never done in the WWE in my view.  The WWE to get heels over to give the fans a reason to get behind the babyfaces.  I think of Owens in the same way as Rollins.  They wrestle the babyface challenger, half the crowd (sometimes more) wants them to win, a similar amount want them to lose. The end effect is no heat and nobody really gets over.

I haven't watched it yet. 

However I think they wasted the highly anticipated debut of the bullet club, I would have preferred if they used them on AJ/Reigns storyline, then just attacking someone randomly.

13 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

While Miz may not be able to wrestle 5 star matches, he is able to at least get some heel heat something that Owens has never done in the WWE in my view.  The WWE to get heels over to give the fans a reason to get behind the babyfaces.  I think of Owens in the same way as Rollins.  They wrestle the babyface challenger, half the crowd (sometimes more) wants them to win, a similar amount want them to lose. The end effect is no heat and nobody really gets over.

I think Miz gets X Pac heat.

The problem is these days anyone talented or entertaining is going to get cheered. Miz is the absolute corporate stooge mixed with being a sub par heel Chris Jericho character. He cuts boring promos,  has boring matches, and in reality- along with Sheamus (and a few others)- is the very definition of WWE bland 2010- present.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Liam said:

I think Miz gets X Pac heat.

The problem is these days anyone talented or entertaining is going to get cheered. Miz is the absolute corporate stooge mixed with being a sub par heel Chris Jericho character. He cuts boring promos,  has boring matches, and in reality- along with Sheamus (and a few others)- is the very definition of WWE bland 2010- present.

I think X Pac heat is a silly term made up by people who felt too cool to admit they were being worked by a heel.  Miz can make a whole crowd want him to lose to the babyface which is a great skill in todays product.  He may not be technically great, but WWE has always been at its best when there has been variety on the roster.  There were certainly people in the attitude era who were very over despite never approaching a 5*  match. Also the Jericho comparisons are a bit unfair because Jericho is one of the best heels in the last 20 years and nearly anyone fails in comparison.

I think there is no reason why the WWE cant create great heels as long as they ensure that NXT has a variety of people from different backgrounds and not just the indie superstars with the hardcore fanbase.  I cant ever see the likes of Owens, Rollins or Cesaro every getting over as heels in the current WWE, but no reason that people like Reigns or Corbin cant.  

Some one like Reigns get's X-Pac heat but I disagree Miz does. Miz does very well at being a lower level heel by mostly talking about how he has main evented 'mania and how he is high profile compared to the likes of Neville, AJ etc which works on smarks rather than his gimmick of being a Hollywood ego star pisses off the crowd and wouldn't be effective on the likes of Cena, 'Taker etc who actually are main eventers. It's when they work stuff like this into the current scene of wrestling is when it works at his best rather than the 80's standard of clean cut faces like Reigns and foreign heels like the Leaegue of Nations, if they use people like the Total Divas as heels for being reality stars and models rather than wrestlers, Baron Corbin going after indy stars are good example of how they should be adapting.

So both 'Taker and Bryan have been pulled from the UK tour next week, it's so fucking annoying as you assumed they wouldn't be when tixs went on sale only to then find out they will be and have it taken away. I told my baby brothers who I'm taking to their first show they were gonna be there and both of them are two of their favourites.

Yeah but when Miz is featured it's the heat of "oh for fucks sake not again". People are bored by it, and let's face it, his most memorable moment is the Angry Miz Girl. 

And the reality is the hardcore fan base is just the fan base now. They are the ones booing Reigns out of every building around the world, and Reigns definitely has X Pac heat. I actually think Reigns is done for, I think it's now too late to turn him heel. And unless they stick him with Heyman he'll fail at that as well. And even that might not work.