WWE

lharris92

Was the same for Taker at WM. It was getting predictable and boring.

Sting as champ? Can't see it. A 56 year old who can work to an acceptable level beating a man literally half his age becoming champ in his 2nd match. After losing the first. Which was basically a gimmick match.

Rumours of a Goldberg return now. He showed up at an Indy show a while back and did this. He also says he spoke to HHH recently.

A Goldberg return would be glorious. It has to involve ryback in some way or he will be in for a ton of chants - although the fact that ryback is face atm makes that far more difficult. How old is Goldberg now?

No mention on here about the latest addition to the Wyatt Family, how good was that? Very refreshing for once to see someone debut and nobody have a clue who they are.  I'd like to see them add a couple more members (that is the rumoured plan) and book them strongly the way they should have done it the first time round.

A Goldberg return would be glorious. It has to involve ryback in some way or he will be in for a ton of chants - although the fact that ryback is face atm makes that far more difficult. How old is Goldberg now?

48 but still feels very capable. Although he botched that Jackhammer!

No mention on here about the latest addition to the Wyatt Family, how good was that? Very refreshing for once to see someone debut and nobody have a clue who they are.  I'd like to see them add a couple more members (that is the rumoured plan) and book them strongly the way they should have done it the first time round.

Shit yeah, huge bloke!

Agree with you. Initially great and then nothing! They should tweak Brays character a bit and give him a big push.

Shit yeah, huge bloke!

Agree with you. Initially great and then nothing! They should tweak Brays character a bit and give him a big push.

The thing with Wyatt was that he speaks well and has the basis for a great character, but I've never really understood what the point was? Like what is his overriding goal? Because its not to be 'the best' like most other wrestlers (which is why he is a good character), but after the initial 'well he's different' its sorted of faded into nothingness, just words for words sake...

Edited by mjsell

The thing with Wyatt was that he speaks well and has the basis for a great character, but I've never really understood what the point was? Like what is his overriding goal? Because its not to be 'the best' like most other wrestlers (which is why he is a good character), but after the initial 'well he's different' its sorted of faded into nothingness, just words for words sake...

I agree yeah and I've said before they've tried that character a load of times. Skinner, Phineas Godwin and Waylon Mercy in particular who for some reason never took off. Again, lots of "scary" promos with no point to the character. That scary southern thing basically.

Edit: just read Waylon Mercy is actually the inspiration! Honestly didn't know that.

Edited by The Nal

I read something pretty interesting about Wyatt earlier on reddit and I agree with it.

I think Bray, and this entire family gimmick is a victim of its timing. This "Reality" (or "Network") Era really isn't doing the Wyatts any favors. So you're this charismatic cult leader who, according to this vignette, is basically recruiting people, brainwashing them, and you'll never see them again, right? "Just don't send anyone...you want back."

Pretty dark stuff, right? But unless we see them engaging in pretty crazy, fucked up, cultish/Satanic type actions, they kind of fall flat - just like the Bray/the Family ultimately has.

Now if this gimmick was born in the Attitude Era...that's where we'd really see some fireworks.

Look at Ministry Taker - kidnapped the boss's daughter and kiiiinda crucified her (til Austin came and made the save). Pretty dark shit! Makes sense! Imagine if that storyline took place in this current Reality Era. If Taker went on and on about how he was going to do something dastardly to Stephanie in countless backstage, rambling interviews...but then never did anything real about it, except created a creepy hologram, that would come off flat, too.

One more thing on the Wyatts and I'll shut up - if you listen to their theme all the way through (which is one of the best in WWE history, I think), the dynamic changes considerably around the middle. It goes from creepy/calm/eerie to creepy/crazed/chaotic. WWE always stops it before it gets to this part. Bray's in his chair, the lamp is blown out and the house lights come on right as we're about to get into it. This is a perfect analogy for how the gimmick's balls are being cut from under it.

I had these insane visions of what Bray and the Family were gonna do (based off of these vignettes). Imagine their theme hits in a main event on Raw and they come out and put hoods over established guys' heads, go Dexter on their asses and even administer neck injections rendering them lifeless, dragging them up the ramp as a troubled Vince or HHH or whoever tries to get control of the situation, all the while this is blasting over the arena: . Commentators are long gone, just mass chaos everywhere that ends with Bray in his chair, orchestrating the whole thing, blows out the lantern right into DEP. Cut to black. That would be awesome. Maybe you really don't see Sheamus or Neville (that'd suck!) for months. The only glimpse you'd get are from vignettes like their original...on their compound -and not even shown on WWE TV. Make a "shoot" YouTube channel where Wyatts post "updates."

Edited by When Jokers Attack

Going to see Raw in Glasgow later this year which I'm looking forward to because of Dean Ambrose, Reigns, Rollins etc. But I'm even more excited by the fact that I'm going to see NXT live the month after! That should be awesome!

I'm hoping to go to that, tickets on sale tomorrow but I don't get paid until the following friday so better be some left.

o2 had a presale yesterday. got tickets for the London show from it and now its the network "takeover" show. its also awesome cause I clicked best available and got row 8 on the floor seating.

I echo the points here with the Wyatts what is the point, I understand if the point is anti establishment but they just abide by the rules, they should be more like Raven and his Flock in WCW, that was fantastic that got ruined by Goldberg rolling over him a day after Raven won the US Title.

Seriously though if we are comparing the two Wyatt is just a poor man's Raven. 

Raven's ECW stuff was excellent.

Edited by luckysalt

I echo the points here with the Wyatts what is the point, I understand if the point is anti establishment but they just abide by the rules, they should be more like Raven and his Flock in WCW, that was fantastic that got ruined by Goldberg rolling over him a day after Raven won the US Title.

Seriously though if we are comparing the two Wyatt is just a poor man's Raven. 

Raven's ECW stuff was excellent.

I agree with you on most points.

Raven was one of my favourite wrestlers of the 90s/early 00s. Raven was of the best heels in  ECW, now the ECW crowd was generally a smart crowd and appreciated a good performer heel or face  however Raven managed to make that crowd hate him. Also his promos were among some of the best I ever saw in ECW.

I also liked his WWE run in 2000/2001, his debut was brilliant in Philadelphia coming out from the crowd. Then he had some great matches during his hardcore championship title reign. My favourites are his triple treat at Wrestlemania X-7 and against Rhyno which is perhaps the greatest hardcore championship match ever in WWE.

It's a shame that after his lost his hardcore title, he got lost in wwe roster  and did not do anything significant again.

Edited by A-Rob

o2 had a presale yesterday. got tickets for the London show from it and now its the network "takeover" show. its also awesome cause I clicked best available and got row 8 on the floor seating.

We got outs presale too because we'd bought Raw tickets. We're on the floor too!

I'm going to my 6th ICW in 6 weeks tonight! Went to Shugs Hoose Party 2 then the 4 nights at the fringe and tonight it's Spacebaws at the Garage. Mickie James, Magnus and Colt all to appear for the first time in Glasgow. Good card aswell with Mickie James fighting Kay Lee Ray and Stevie Bhoy fighting DCT for the Zero G Belt.