WWE

lharris92

Watched bits of No Surrender when it was on, will hand it to TNA they have improved over the last year, starting to utilize talent better (though I would have prefered any of the other BFG finalists over Hardy).

I'm hoping they keep the title on Punk for another few months, the longer he has the title the more he can heel it up to a better effect, I'd go as far to say he shouldn't drop it till The Rock Royal Rumble match

I think Punk will drop the Title to Rock at Rumble, and Rock will hold onto it until Mania.

The whole Lawler situation is shocking and Ive spoken about it on twitter and I echo opinions that if he hadn't have had it in the arena he probably wouldn't be with us now, hope he makes a full recovery but I think his WWE days could be over.

Regarding No Surrender, it was a decent PPV, with some solid matches, didn't think Hardy v Ray was very good however. Wonder who Ray is going to face at Bound For Glory?

Looking forward to Roode and Storm going at it one more time, but they need to maintain the intensity.

As much I would like to see Punk hold on to the title as long as possible, it all points to Rock vs Cena 2 for the title at WM at this point imo

Either Rock v Cena or Lesnar v Triple H will happen at Mania,current planning is for Lesnar v Triple H with Cena v Rock at the Rumble.

Either Rock v Cena or Lesnar v Triple H will happen at Mania,current planning is for Lesnar v Triple H with Cena v Rock at the Rumble.

and the undertaker ?

I tought their were plans to make Brock vs Taker at WM.

I certainly would not like to see a rematch at WM between Brock vs HHH, there match at Summerslam was awful

Edited by A-Rob

From what I can piece together from various things I've read so far this summer the initial idea was for a Taker v Brock Mania match but that seems to have fizzled out.

My personal feeling is thinking about it in practicality I don't think a Brock Taker match would be all that good.Despite Brock's wrestling finesse he's not a great worker and the state Taker's body is in I doubt he could carry an entire match anymore,not for the length of time his Mania matches should last.

I quite like the idea of a Taker Ziggler Mania match but I have no idea for any conceivable fued.

Decent show but Punk/Cena should have continued. Same ending as Aries/Roode from Hardcore Justice.

Was a good match overall and look forward to their next match at HIAC.

Loved Ziggler/Orton but Ziggler needs to start winning some matches on PPV to look credible. Orton is leaving shortly to film 12 rounds 2 so I think it would have right to put Ziggler over. I guess it's the same as Bryan, He rarely won when he had the MITB briefcase.

I watched Raw tonight, was pretty decent. Thought Foley - Punk promo was ok, but didn't really make a whole lot of sense. Ryback over the Miz was interesting but why make it non title then hint Ryback to face Punk? I marked out at that by the way, Punk was EXCELLENT on raw, the best he's been for AGES, AJ was stale as fuck, Heyman was awful, the guy is boring the hell out of me which is crazy cus I used to love him but he's just dull and he has been for a long time.

Prime Time Players are getting over great, loving the tag division heating up, also loving they're giving teams names! Kane & Bryan are now Hell No, Sandow & Cody have teamed up and are call Rhode Schollers.

Barrett v Kidd was good, but Barrett is lacking something, before he got injured I thought he was awesome but now he's back something isn't right.

Looking forward to Impact tomorrow, new TV champ being crowned, looking like it will be between Joe & Magnus

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Latest Activity

• no problem, jut found this one too.   https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/info-TakingKids.shtml  
    • oh see in my mind, Ally Pally is a £30-40 venue. aside from acts with prestige (thinking The Smile who can get away with a high 50s), it’s always felt like a sub-40 ticket. I’ve been 15-odd times there and for the majority they’ve been around £35 but at this point it’s simply impossible to ignore that every venue is just more expensive now. my gig calendar has drastically shrunk because I simply can’t afford it anymore. to me £50 for Fontaines is silly (love the band, the new single is a scorcher). I’ve seen the likes of Dua Lipa, Hot Chip and Everything Everything there - all around £30. Twenty One Pilots circa Blurryface was £30 - obvs 2016 is a different story. Vampire Weekend and LCD Soundsystem were £45 and £50 respectively. the latter two were exception to the rule pre-pandemic. but I guess it just means we have to expect most shows in larger venues to cost about 50% more. which in turn means I’m going to approx 50% less gigs   a. quick glance at Dice does indicate almost every show at AP is around £50
    • If you're too lazy to just type a few words into Google, then why do you think your view on an issue deserves to be listened to?  In this case, you'd have found all the major newspapers and TV channels confirming that Glastonbury did indeed pull the Corbyn film, along with posts on this forum from me, complaining about it.  The screening which you claim to have attended wasn't put on by the festival in the Pilton Palais, as planned: it was shown in the Speakers' Forum by Reel News as a protest against the festival's decision.  And no - nobody on this thread is claiming Glastonbury has a pro-Israel booking policy.  We're just saying the festival has been cowardly in collapsing under politically-motivated pressure because it's afraid of drawing false accusations of antisemitism.  If you'd watched the Corbyn film, you'd understand the distinction between the two.   And talking of people being too lazy to find out...  Where you stand on the Paul Currie issue depends on what you know about what happened.  Although I wasn't there, it's always worth digging deeper when people make claims of the 'we felt unsafe' variety.  The risk with that sort of vague accusation is that it can become a free ticket to shut down voices you don't agree with.  Like the rest of you, I wasn't present at Paul Currie's gig in Soho, but the link posted by CaledonianGonzo above includes an eye-witness account which I'd say looks very genuine - i.e. full of specific detail and not demonising the people involved.  Again - I wasn't there, but in terms of evidence, this account must carry as much weight as the ones the Mail/Telegraph/etc. have been focusing on - i.e. 'this artsy comedy crowd all behaved like beasts and we felt unsafe.'  Very few people will bother to look at that link, so I've cut and pasted it:   "I was there on Saturday night. Will be forthcoming with my bias and say that I love Paul Currie and his act. I've seen him about five times over the last decade.In this show, Schtoom, he doesn't say a single word during the hour.The bit with the Palestine flag came towards the end of the show. He pulls out the Ukrainian flag from his prop suit case, to cheers from the audience. And then a Palestinian flag to further cheers. I can't remember what the song being played in the background was but it was something up standing up and not staying silent. He them mimes sitting down in front of the tv clicking through the channels at which the point the music switches off. He then mimed gestures to the effect of 'that's you that is', 'makes you think', and 'mind blown.' I know I don't need to explain how comedy works on this forum but it's clearly a bit about how people will display support through slogans but do nothing and forget about it in their day to day life.If you've seen him before you'll know he essentially acts a like conductor for the audience, getting us to ooh and aah and applause and whoop and boo.At the end, he urges everyone into a standing ovation using this tactic. Some people in the front row didn't stand, which is fair enough. He asked them why they didn't, if they didn't enjoy the show. I guess this could be considered goading, but it's what he's been doing all night. For example, pointing at people and miming their blank expressions and folded arms and asking them to smile and laugh. Or it could be genuine ask for feedback, you know like most comics do at the end of a gig in a "did you enjoy the show" sort of way.Now I didn't hear what was said, obviously the audience isn't miced up. But it was something a long the lines of that they did until he showed the Palestinian flag, or they didn't and especially after he showed the flag.Paul was a bit confused and rattled by it, as was the audience. He wasn't sure if they were being sarcastic or not so he asked them to explain. Again, I didn't hear the explanation. But it did make him angry.That's when he told them that if they didn't like they can get the f**k out of his show. And for anyone who didn't like it to also get out. A group of people did.As they were leaving, Paul said they had no idea what they were on about. Paul grew up in Belfast, he understands terrorism and bombing. He's lived through the troubles. Clear emphasis on 'lived' - if there wasn't a ceasefire, he wouldn't here.I think one other audience member may have also shouted f**k off. But it definitely wasn't 200 people shouting get out. Or free Palestine. People at the back of the room wouldn't have even known entirely what had happened.I think the audience was a bit confused, I was on row C (though Downstairs at Soho Is set up like cabaret so it's round tables rather than theatre seating). We weren't sure if it was or wasn't a bit. But when he spoke about NI people cheered for him. When he chanted ceasefire now, some of the audience also did.Also important to say that he condemn Hamas and say he hates terrorism, all terrorism.He was angry. Of course his is. He's showing solidarity for Palestinian artists, performers and clowns. That we wouldn't have enjoyed his performance if there wasn't a ceasefire because he literally wouldn't have been here.Also important to say that not once did he say anything about Jewish people or Israel. All he did was show the Palestine flag, and the Ukrainian flag, to mock people who say they care about a cause but do nothing. To be honest, he was mocking me.He asked to call it what it was. A genocide.What's really tedious about this is that it takes a quick look at his Instagram to see where his stance lies. I can't imagine paying upwards of £15 to see anyone without looking them up first, and especially to sit on the front row. But maybe that's just me.This has nothing to do with Soho. Paul has done this show for the three or four day run without incident.We left soon after so I didn't stay at the bar at the end, not sure if anything happened there.I wouldn't usually post here but I think it's so important to actually explain what happened, and the context of the actual joke that caused all this. Rather than people on twitter piling on something they don't know anything about.It's a pretty wild experience to have been part of an audience that is getting all this attention. Really clear to see how all this hate and misinformation spreads.Also, it's majestic to see that many of the people who are piling on, and one of the Twitter accounts that first posted about this is, are online Terfs. Tells you everything you need to know really.Paul Currie is sweet clown and must be protected at all costs."
    • Thanks! Will have a read 
    • have a read of this, was written by my ex partner, who took my son to many festivals with us(so she had a lot of experience of kids at festivals- the first one we did was glastonbury when he was 10-months). it didn't mentally scar him he's 27 now and still loves festivals.   https://www.efestivals.co.uk/info/kids.shtml  
  • Featured Products

• Hot Topics

• Latest Tourdates