WWE

lharris92

Shocked by the pictures of Triple H.I've grown up following his career and seeing him so far removed from that image makes me feel officially grown up,all my idols are seemingly in their twilight now.

I hear the Cena Rock rematch might move forward to the Royal Rumble now,as officials are worried two headlining rematches topping the bill might not be a major selling point,with Brock v Trips at Mania.Don't know what that leaves for Undertaker come Mania time.

Not been watching TNA but from what I read it sounds like its going well.Be very interested to see what happens with Devon and Bully Rays contracts.Devon seems to be off but Bully seems like he might stay.

I couldnt sleep last night so ended up watching Raw.

Was very, very wierd. Cole was devastated, and to the extent where I imagine it'll be impossible for him to be a heel now (not that that's important). No commentary for the last hour of Raw.

If you watch the Daniel Bryan match, you can see Lawler in some distress for a few seconds. As Big Dave pointed out this morning, he's lucky he was at the Bell Centre in Montreal, as opposed to a hick town in Memphis or somewhere which is where he wrestles at the weekend. It's been said that the paramedics at the venue saved his life.

Watching it now. He sounds short of breath and then it goes all silent. Crowd too and you can see all the crowd looking over at the commentary table. Cole sounds in tears trying to cobble together some commentary and theres a "Jerry" chant. All off camera. Very weird.

LOVE Jerry Lawlor. Hope hes ok.

Edited by The Nal

From what I read they were worried about brain damage as he was unresponsive when they tried to bring him round after surgery but he's now been given the all clear on that front following a CT scan.

Depending on what you read he was also clinically dead for 20 minutes but I find that hard to believe.

His ex wife (the Kat) tweeted that they had installed a float to keep his heart pumping.

Apparently everything regarding the King that Cole said on air was coming directly from Vince who carried on the show while Triple H oversaw The Kings treatment backstage.

Thoughts go out to Jerry Lawler, horrible thing to happen, spec live on air.

I hated Cena's promo at the end, loved his intensity which I wish he could bring every week but the content was total BS. He twisted the truth about Punks title reign just to fit the face/heel dynamic. Calling Punks reign irrelavent basically said "it doesnt matter who the champ is, im top guy round here" and then to say for 300 days Punk has cheated and gone to any means neccesarry is where he started to twist the truth, from my memery for the past 300 days Punk has made the title relevant again by putting on match of the night most PPVs and winning most matches cleanly. Its as if they just let Cena shoot on Punk and then did what they always do with heels, make Punk a coward who couldnt retaliate, total BS.

• Upvote 1

i really think cena needs to stop being the face of the wwe, its become dull and repetitive where he gets mugged off for weeks on end by someone only to beat them at the ppv (lesnar, big johnny, big show) but yeah you're right it wasn't right. somehow i suspect there may have been a segment for jerry in that ending sequence but we'll never know.

glad he's recovering though and hope he continues to do so.

also did anyone else notice cm punk insulting stone cold to the hitman? will be interesting to see if that's picked up on at a later point

Been away over the last week so was avoiding this thread because only got round to seeing TNA No Surrender last night.

Another solid show from TNA. Match of the night was obviously Angle/Styles vs Kaz/Daniels. So much great chemistry when those 4 are in the ring together. Hopefully we finally get the big blow off Styles/Daniels match at BFG, The feud has been going on for over a year.

Think TNA have made the wrong decision letting Hardy win the BFG series but aslong as he doesn't win they I ain't to bothered.Storm/Roode is all set up now. That match alone makes BFG worth watching next month. Aces and 8's still be revealed. I'm still going with Jeff Jarrett behind it but Bully Ray is involved in some way

Now to WWE

Tragic stuff with Lawler and glad he is getting better.

Cena to beat Punk on Sunday?

Edited by When Jokers Attack

Cena to beat Punk on Sunday?

Hope not. I like the way they've gone with a champ for longer than 2 weeks. There was a time where if you missed a few episodes you missed a few title changes.

Also, I liked the segment on Raw the other night. As Swede said, Punk has made the title relevant again but a heel turn mid reign is unusual. WWE need a top heel badly. If it means Cena and others have to bend the truth to get some heat on Punk then so be it. Fans have very short memories anyway.

Regarding Punk having a go at Stone Cold and HBK - he needs to. Hes perhaps the most unintimidating champ for a long long time and he needs to step up the nastiness.

Also, Cena sells WAY too many lunchboxes for him not to be the face of WWE.