Rufus Gwertigan

Films

Saw Bourne Identity last week and Bourne Supremacy yesterday, with Ultimatum (apparently the best one) also available.

Sixth Sense & Point Break were also viewed last week. Though I've had more of a fill out of documentaries this week.

Finally got round to Midsommar this week. Really liked it. Really weird, really creepy, very good folk horror. And Florence Pugh just exceptional as always

Big improvement on Hereditary I though. Ii want that impressed when I saw that. Few interesting moments, but over all pretty unsatisfying. 

On 4/3/2020 at 1:12 PM, fred quimby said:

Watched Platform (on Netflix)

Man that has many levels (excuse the pun, was meant). I had a couple of drinks and a little bit tired when I watch so will have to try again but wonderfully weird and great to be able to talk about different theories relating to it.

It certainly makes for dark viewing. It's one of those I will have to watch a couple of times to get. 

I watched Doctor Sleep (basically The Shining 2) last night and I really liked it. Visually it was really cool which seems to be lost art with most films but the guy they got in for Jack Nicholson looked nothing like him.

On 4/14/2020 at 7:38 PM, Slugworth said:

Invisible man. Excellent film 

Yeah went in to this with pretty low expectations but I thought it was great, especially for a mainstream horror film. Really cool modern take on a well worn story, and some genuine shock/horror moments pulled off very well. 

I’ve spent all of today on the couch watching Star Trek films. Undiscovered Country is really underrated imo, I actually preferred it over Wrath Of Khan, the reboot and First Contact which are the more popular ones. I’m not keen on Into Darkness at all, the Klingons look terrible and the Khan plot twist was weak.

Its a shame they never did a Deep Space Nine film.

37 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I watched Gerald's Game on Netflix. Its a psychological thriller by Stephen King and it does not disappoint. 

I remember being disturbed by the book many years ago. 

2 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I watched Gerald's Game on Netflix. Its a psychological thriller by Stephen King and it does not disappoint. 

The sight of blood makes me pretty nauseous and I watched this film whilst already feeling slightly under the weather and I full on lost all colour and passed out after getting up to get a drink during that particularly gruesome scene. 

Great film otherwise.