Films

Rufus Gwertigan

6 hours ago, 1986 said:

Question for the MCU fans, if you were to choose films to have a marathon to prepare you for Infinity War, but without slogging through all 18, how many and which ones would you choose?

We're just planning to watch Winter Soldier and Civil War, only ones really worth rewatching tbh

Finally seen the last Jedi on its DVD release. Jeez I can see what the fuss is all about now. I can't think I've ever seen a film completely throw out the rules of the universe it has created in its previous instalments like this before.

On 3/22/2018 at 12:10 PM, 1986 said:

Question for the MCU fans, if you were to choose films to have a marathon to prepare you for Infinity War, but without slogging through all 18, how many and which ones would you choose?

Avengers 1, Winter Soldier, read a synopsis of Age of Ultron rather than sitting through that shit, Civil War.

The last 3 that were released are all excellent, although I'm not sure any of them will actually have that much relevance.

I'm expecting Infinity War to be a huge let down anyway. Any film that's been hyped and led up to for 8 years can't deliver on what it's trying to achieve. Particularly as a 2-parter. Captain Marvel and the 2nd Spiderman should be far more interesting.

On 23/03/2018 at 1:41 PM, kaosmark2 said:

Avengers 1, Winter Soldier, read a synopsis of Age of Ultron rather than sitting through that shit, Civil War.

The last 3 that were released are all excellent, although I'm not sure any of them will actually have that much relevance.

I'm expecting Infinity War to be a huge let down anyway. Any film that's been hyped and led up to for 8 years can't deliver on what it's trying to achieve. Particularly as a 2-parter. Captain Marvel and the 2nd Spiderman should be far more interesting.

Got to include the first Guardians movie in the list of MCU films to see surely...

If for other reason its when we get the Collectors description of the Infinity Stones for the first time...

19 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Got to include the first Guardians movie in the list of MCU films to see surely...

If for other reason its when we get the Collectors description of the Infinity Stones for the first time...

It's okay, but everything it does Thor Ragnorok does better. I really think it's high ratings are because of it being better than its hype, rather than better than other films.

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Saw Three Billboards last night. Brilliant film! Best thing I've watched in a while.

I really enjoyed it but I wish there was a bit more plot to it tho, too much of it seemed to be watching red necks being pissed off about things rather than an actual story.

38 minutes ago, jump said:

I really enjoyed it but I wish there was a bit more plot to it tho, too much of it seemed to be watching red necks being pissed off about things rather than an actual story.

It was more about the individual's personal story than an overall plot. The Billboards were just what connected everybody. My GF said similar to you though. 

On 3/22/2018 at 12:10 PM, 1986 said:

I'd go for Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Guardian's of the Galaxy, Captain America: Civil War and Black Panther. 

I'd say that's the bare minimum if you're going in having watched none of them before. Those ones should explain the plot points which will be picked up in Infinity War.

On 22/03/2018 at 12:10 PM, 1986 said:

If you're in America there's a 31 hour marathon...

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/03/16/amcs-avengers-infinity-war-31-hour-marvel-marathon-locations/

I think I speak for us all here when I say that we wish we had a father who would write a nowty letter to the people who provide the sort of criticism inherent in our line of work, telling them that they should pick on somebody their own size, and the Daily Telegraph doesn't think much of them at all. Even if we were earning fucking millions for a job we were really shit at.

• Upvote 1

Saw Ready Player One 3D on Tuesday.

A bit late to the party. I only bought it last month but, I couldn't put the book down. Loved it. Honestly, I felt like I was in The Oasis and I had asked for a book to be written specifically just for me when I was reading it.

Not enough Rush! Near the end you get one shot of a poster and a glimpse of a characters T-shirt.They were a major plot point in the book. I can see why they changed things but

meh.

Edited by MrZigster

Seen very little comment about the new Solo film but the latest trailer actually looks alright

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jPEYpryMp2s" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit: No idea how to embed a video here.

Edited by Dan R

On 22/02/2018 at 8:47 PM, vintagelaureate said:

I was shocked Annihilation isn't getting a cinema release in the UK and is going straight to Netflix. Although apparently so was the director!

Shame it didn’t get a cinema release, would’ve loved to have seen it on the big screen. Like Stalker but more accessible, massively enjoyed it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from seeing Infinity War:

It was good but I can't help but feel a tad disappointed. It delivered exactly what you'd expect, with big character deaths, ridiculous action sequences etc but it just seemed SO fast paced and had SO many characters to deal with that it never had any room to breathe and never had any time to let the characters have proper introductions/bonds. I guess for a lot of people the barrage of action is enough and exactly what they expect/want, but I just expected a little more. Also has a pretty big cliffhanger/none ending which just leaves you wanting the sequel rather than being able to appreciate this film.

Now for some positives: Kicks off immediately. Thanos is a great bad guy, especially for a CGI one, and you're fully invested in his story, and he's essentially the main character of the whole thing. Great to see certain characters on screen together. Comedy mostly lands (although sometimes at inappropriate times that kind of take you out of the moment). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...