Films

Rufus Gwertigan

27 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

We have it at the school library where i work but it's always out. The 6th formers are always reading it.

Daredevil is fantastic, I've nearly finished season 2. Jessica Jone was good but i didn't like it as much. Agents of Shield is fantastic too, i need to catch up on season 3. Then there's Agent Carter to catch up on which has ridiculously high approval ratings.

I can't stand Agents of Shield, considering it's Joss Whedon and it was riding off Avengers it was a huge let down for me, they literally took the most boring character from the movies and built a series around him. Every now and then I'll hear people going it's finally gotten good so I watch it again and they just mention something from the films which is what people are getting excited about, even the Inhumans stuff I found poor. At least Carter is good.

Edited by jump

1 hour ago, jump said:

I can't stand Agents of Shield, considering it's Joss Whedon and it was riding off Avengers it was a huge let down for me, they literally took the most boring character from the movies and built a series around him. Every now and then I'll hear people going it's finally gotten good so I watch it again and they just mention something from the films which is what people are getting excited about, even the Inhumans stuff I found poor. At least Carter is good.

Season one had its problems for sure but i though season two was fantastic. My brother says season three has been really good too.

43 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Season one had its problems for sure but i though season two was fantastic. My brother says season three has been really good too.

The two Shields and the forced use of the evil agent (Wade?) during season 2 grated on me. The Inhuman stuff was a waste imo as it didn't actually include any of them from the comics, it will be like a X-Men movie and instead of featuring the likes of Wolverine, Cylcops & co it's just made up them up. Season 3 is about the same but I don't really care about the mystery of the sand planet.

The problem was I expected a show like Firefly, Buffy or Dollhouse but this just felt like background noise to the Marvel films.

Edited by jump

1 hour ago, jump said:

The two Shields and the forced use of the evil agent (Wade?) during season 2 grated on me. The Inhuman stuff was a waste imo as it didn't actually include any of them from the comics, it will be like a X-Men movie and instead of featuring the likes of Wolverine, Cylcops & co it's just made up them up. Season 3 is about the same but I don't really care about the mystery of the sand planet.

The problem was I expected a show like Firefly, Buffy or Dollhouse but this just felt like background noise to the Marvel films.

I think it's way better than Dollhouse. Still nothing special.

18 hours ago, jump said:

^I heard a different story regarding the Inhumans movie, when Feige the guy behind the Marvel films had a huge falling out with Pearlmutter the head of Marvel over the budget of Civil War Disney stepped in and gave Feige control over the films from now on and one of the first things he did was to scrap Inhumans as it was Perlmutter who was backing it and not him.

Marvel has always thrown out ideas with their comics but I don't see Miles Morales, girl Thor, Skaar etc in the films and Ant-Man, Guardians, Big Hero 6 getting pics despite not even having their own comics out at the time.

Hadn't heard that about Perlmutter, good news though because the guy's a nob. Maybe you've not seen Miles Morales and female Thor in films yet, but when the existing actor's contracts start to run out or they good too old, they'll need replacing. Currently they're drawing on the 50+ years of material they've got, but the comics definitely have an eye on the future. Big Hero 6 is pretty much an entirely Disney property now so that's not really relevant. I hope with the reduced focus on the Inhumans, they'll fuck off and make X-Men comics readable again. Gretchen, stop trying to make Inhumans happen, it's not going to happen!

18 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Hadn't heard that about Perlmutter, good news though because the guy's a nob. Maybe you've not seen Miles Morales and female Thor in films yet, but when the existing actor's contracts start to run out or they good too old, they'll need replacing. Currently they're drawing on the 50+ years of material they've got, but the comics definitely have an eye on the future. Big Hero 6 is pretty much an entirely Disney property now so that's not really relevant. I hope with the reduced focus on the Inhumans, they'll fuck off and make X-Men comics readable again. Gretchen, stop trying to make Inhumans happen, it's not going to happen!

I think you're reading too much into it, Marvel has always chopped and changed the status quo decades before they started doing movies. I've never found X-Men to be readable, it's bogged down by so much backstory you don't know what the fuck is going on.

18 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

I think it's way better than Dollhouse. Still nothing special.

I loved Dollhouse but it does get hindered by having the main character who has no personality, gains over people's personalities and develops her own personality all at the same time being played by Eliza Dushku who just plays herself over and over again.

Edited by jump

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I thought it was brilliant.

Bluray though? Why? Just stream it/rent it. Not something you'd watch over and over.

Could do i suppose. Can rent movies on my playstation. I tend to buy bluray/dvds because i enjoy watching the extras. Plus as you say, you can review the movie whenever you want.

Didn't think Zootropolis was a patch on Inside Out, although we (5yo and I) enjoyed it. I loved the sloths!

Watched Spotlight on Friday night and thought it was excellent. Though it really shows up a lot of modern journalism as a vacuous wasteland...

I finally watched deadpool, it had some good lol moments, the "ironic nods" got a bit irritating from time to time, but on the whole I liked it. The action was really well shot, and the effects were great. 7/10 for me. It could easily have been 20 minutes shorter too.

Edited by t8yman

I mean, really, the Rogue One trailer is completely amazing isn't it? It's all the lovely lovely Star Warsy things, the proper fucking Star Wars, back to the big screen for the first time in my fucking lifetime. It all looks amazing, I want to cry, I want to marry it, I want to poke holes in it and talk about how it might be bad because I've been hurt before.