Films

Rufus Gwertigan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first 90 mins of Batman v Superman is fucking awful, it's just really shit and pointless exposition but it does pick up afterwards however you're not likely to care anymore and just waiting for it to finish for the next hour. Shockingly Batfleck is the best thing in it.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

The only thing which would spoil the film is if the answer is yes...  In which case the whole film can be avoided :)

It's a film about being trapped in a bunker. Whether or not anybody leaves the bunk, the premise clearly holds no interest to you.

I finally got round to watching Django Unchained today!! One of those I kept meaning to get round to but didn't. Anyway thought it was rather brilliant, ending could have been a little more compacted (after the house shoot up scene, thought it lost some of the momentum )

12 hours ago, jump said:

The first 90 mins of Batman v Superman is fucking awful, it's just really shit and pointless exposition but it does pick up afterwards however you're not likely to care anymore and just waiting for it to finish for the next hour. Shockingly Batfleck is the best thing in it.

the reviews are pretty damn bad. at time of writing this, its 30% rotten on RT.

3 hours ago, jump said:

I'm surprised it's as high as that, Batman And Robin was better. 

Batman & Robin is fucking great pal. Can't be doing with serious Batman films, to me the only way you can make a movie about a grown man that dresses up as a bat and beats up fucking penguins and clowns is if you make it OTT camp as shit. The 60s Batman works because they saw that, Batman and Robin works because it's got Arnie making shit puns while Batman and Robin skate around like it aint no thang.

6 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Batman & Robin is fucking great pal. Can't be doing with serious Batman films, to me the only way you can make a movie about a grown man that dresses up as a bat and beats up fucking penguins and clowns is if you make it OTT camp as shit. The 60s Batman works because they saw that, Batman and Robin works because it's got Arnie making shit puns while Batman and Robin skate around like it aint no thang.

6 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Shit puns doesn't equal 60's Batmam.

3 hours ago, jump said:

Shit puns doesn't equal 60's Batmam.

No, it's a different take on the high camp, it's nowhere near in the same league as Adam West, but it's still great. It's only let down because the central cast didn't seem to know what sort of film they were making. George Clooney, Chris O'Donnel and Alicia Silverstone all fell flat for the most part, but the villains were some of the best of any Batman film, and away from the Batcave, it had the best sets and backdrop of any on-screen Batman. The two Schumacher films are very flawed, but there's stuff in there that's so good that they're probably the most re-watchable for me. Afflek's Batman is pretty much the first big screen Batman that I have no interest in.

Looking forward to BvS despite the poor reviews. Heard there is some decent bits in it. Sounds like it's average overall though which was my opinion of MoS.

Apparently Affleck steals the show as Batman. 

Still haven't seen Deadpool either so might do a superhero double bill this week.

14 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

No, it's a different take on the high camp, it's nowhere near in the same league as Adam West, but it's still great. It's only let down because the central cast didn't seem to know what sort of film they were making. George Clooney, Chris O'Donnel and Alicia Silverstone all fell flat for the most part, but the villains were some of the best of any Batman film, and away from the Batcave, it had the best sets and backdrop of any on-screen Batman. The two Schumacher films are very flawed, but there's stuff in there that's so good that they're probably the most re-watchable for me. Afflek's Batman is pretty much the first big screen Batman that I have no interest in.

So if you only George Clooney made shit puns it would have been a masterpiece.