Films

Rufus Gwertigan

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 11:13 AM, eFestivals said:

I know that some of you have noticed that the 'spoiler' function (and perhaps others) had disappeared from the edit box since the recent upgrades.

I've just looked into this, and discovered that I can put the button back and so I have done (plus the 'quote' button) - for those people using big screens (probably desktops) and large displays (tablets, bigger phones), tho not for the smallest-screen devices. I decided to not put them onto the editor for those smallest devices, as it would over-clutter the edit box.

However, while that button isn't universally available and other 'BBcode' function buttons you might want to use might not be showing on the edit box, the BBcode functionality is still there to be used if you wish to use it.

For a basic BBcode reference for how to use it, see here:-
http://www.bbcode.org/reference.php

That reference doesn't include all possibilities. but all you really need to know is that 'spoiler' and any other supported BBcode is done in exactly the same way.

I was about to ask in the problem/wish list part of the forum and Neil has posted this, but I still can't use spoliers.

Edited by jump

1 hour ago, jump said:

I was about to ask in the problem/wish list part of the forum and Neil has posted this, but I still can't use spoliers.

Yeah, I have always manually used the BB code, and it recognises it, but clearly something is going wrong as it shows a centre justified block of text with wider margins when I use the tags.

This text is inside spoiler tags

I saw Hateful Eight and really enjoyed but it's basically a play and they really could do with shaving 30-60mins off it.

I've booked my tixs to see Star Wars with my baby brothers later today, I fully expect it to be overhyped and to miss the key parts when I have to take my brothers to the toilets.

Watched The Martian last night and whilst I did enjoy it, the book is so much better and full of depth that the film doesn't translate. It is visually spectacular, but I never got the feeling that there was any danger to him surviving. Also the film glosses over technical aspects that are well explained in the book. 

Probably didn't help that I had the father in law babbling on about NASA & CIA conspiracies in the background throughout the film though!

On 12/22/2015 at 4:01 PM, jump said:

I could see that, Obi Wan just pissing about in a cave waiting for Luke to grow up for 20 year seems less likely than him having a life and wetting his wick.

And there is an Obi Wan film supposedly as part of the Spin Offs/Anthology, would make shit loads of sense to get that out and use it as the reveal.

On 25 December 2015 at 3:00 AM, LondonTom said:

And there is an Obi Wan film supposedly as part of the Spin Offs/Anthology, would make shit loads of sense to get that out and use it as the reveal.

Where is the info? I heard there is 3 spin offs. Rebels getting the Death Star plans prior to A New Hope (next Xmas); the Han Solo back story; and another of which nothing is known. It's it Defo an Obi Wan flick?

2 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Where is the info? I heard there is 3 spin offs. Rebels getting the Death Star plans prior to A New Hope (next Xmas); the Han Solo back story; and another of which nothing is known. It's it Defo an Obi Wan flick?

There's a third anthology film slated for after this Trilogy and after the two announced Anthology films (Rogue One and Han Solo, as you've mentioned) but there is absolutely no confirmed information about the film, other than it is planned. Josh Trank was originally supposed to direct, but he left. Speculation favours this film being about Boba Fett. The Obi Wan rumours cropped up following a recent issue of Marvel's Star Wars comic which focused on Obi Wan, mainly just people talking about how it would be cool. I think Boba Fett is the most likely, he's a very marketable character, and mostly a blank slate, all the films have so far established is that he grew from a sullen faced child into a largely incompetent bounty hunter.

Saw Star Wars yesterday, had to watch it in 3D cos my mate really wanted the 3D (I fucking hated it) but absolutely loved the movie. Definitely gonna watch it again, possibly in the 70mm print at the Imax in Bradford.

I darent really talk about it any more as I dont know how to work the spoiler tags any more.

Suffice to say, they did just about everything right. and the girl is perfect for the story.

Is Bradford IMAX 70mm? I was going by this article that the only place I can see it in its correct format is Sheffield? Or is it the laser projection Bradford doesn't have?

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2015/12/only-two-uk-cinemas-are-showing-star-wars-the-force-awakens-in-all-its-glory/

50 minutes ago, lost said:

Is Bradford IMAX 70mm? I was going by this article that the only place I can see it in its correct format is Sheffield? Or is it the laser projection Bradford doesn't have?

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2015/12/only-two-uk-cinemas-are-showing-star-wars-the-force-awakens-in-all-its-glory/

Probably the laser projection, they were making a big deal of getting it ready to show Star Wars properly. It did look bloody good though.

2 hours ago, jump said:

Didn't Birdman and Big Hero 6 come out last year?

Not in the UK. Every film listed came out in the UK in 2015, but those two, along with Song Of The Sea, Foxcatcher, The Tale Of Princess Kaguya and Whiplash got earlier (in some cases much earlier) releases in other countries.