Films

Rufus Gwertigan

9 hours ago, t8yman said:

Stick to the dress code on the ticket. its not a fancy dress party. They can be strict about these things. You wouldnt want to miss an experience like this just cos you wanted to look like a nerd. 

"You're not getting in, mate. The first screening of the new Star Wars film is no place for a nerd."

Stick to the dress code on the ticket. its not a fancy dress party. They can be strict about these things. You wouldnt want to miss an experience like this just cos you wanted to look like a nerd. 

Oh I will be sticking to it, I'm sure there will be a lot of people camped out just to see the red carpet in costume, not me though.

I'm sure they will be strict especially considering recent events in other countries.

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

"You're not getting in, mate. The first screening of the new Star Wars film is no place for a nerd."

:lol: 

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Apocalypse looks terrible. was really hoping they'd revamp his look after all the negative feedback but he looks just as w*nk. still got high hopes for the film regardless

Don't get what people are cross about, looks fine to me, but it's not quite thisx-men-animated-series-season-1-10-come-t

And who cares about any of that when your X-Men look this good?
2821AE4F00000578-3058955-image-a-27_1430

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

From this point onwards I'm basically avoiding most of the internet until Saturday to avoid the risk of Star wars spoilers.

I don't think there has ever been a film I've allowed myself to get more excited about the release of.

i'm not even a huge Star Wars fan and i'm in the same boat as you. think their 'less is more' advertising campaign has done wonders, whereas the latest Batman vs Superman trailer took away any mystery or desire i have to watch the film now

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

From this point onwards I'm basically avoiding most of the internet until Saturday to avoid the risk of Star wars spoilers.

I don't think there has ever been a film I've allowed myself to get more excited about the release of.

same 'ere - also couldn't get a ticket until Saturday so in the same boat

I'll wait until rationality takes over. I do hope its good, but spectre was the best bond ever until a few people had seen it.

I don't think its the best but its certainly up there in my eyes. If they just got the pacing right/a few other niggly bits!

Big week for trailers, surprised they went for Star Wars week really!

Fast and Furious does Star Trek:

All my fears of having Justin Lin involved confirmed and I say that as someone who didn't hate JJ Trek!

Fantastic Beats and Where To Find Them.

Odd seeing american accents in a sort of Harry Potter film :P, doesn't look terrible!

Seeing Star Wars on friday, hoping to avoid spoilers! Obviously been watching the previous ones, done the prequels so far, some quick new thoughts I posted to twitter/facebook :P

Episode I: Every time I watch TPM:  it makes less and less sense, its like George Lucas was on acid when he wrote it and yet amongst it, we have Darth Maul and the lightsaber dual, which kicks arse and kind of make its worth sitting through ‪#‎StarWars‬

Episode II:  I think Attack of the Clones might be the worst of the Star Wars films, as a stand alone film it makes sense but its just a really dull story with lots of needless scenes, then you hire the only actor (Christopher Lee) who could play a better villain than Vader and Maul and completely under utilize him, Insane! A few years latter they do AoTC right with the Clone Wars film/TV series, mind boggling.

Episode III: By far the best of the prequels, even if the first hour is on a par with them. That last hour and half delivers everything you wanted since you first saw the Original Trilogy. Could have done without General Grievous (Done better in Clone Wars) and had Padme live a little longer though.

But I am well hyped for Episode 7! :D I think its going be great, Disney is relying on it to much for the first one  under their control to be shit.

31 minutes ago, LondonTom said:

I don't think its the best but its certainly up there in my eyes. If they just got the pacing right/a few other niggly bits!

Big week for trailers, surprised they went for Star Wars week really!

Fast and Furious does Star Trek:

All my fears of having Justin Lin involved confirmed and I say that as someone who didn't hate JJ Trek!

Fantastic Beats and Where To Find Them.

Odd seeing american accents in a sort of Harry Potter film :P, doesn't look terrible!

Seeing Star Wars on friday, hoping to avoid spoilers! Obviously been watching the previous ones, done the prequels so far, some quick new thoughts I posted to twitter/facebook :P

Episode I: Every time I watch TPM:  it makes less and less sense, its like George Lucas was on acid when he wrote it and yet amongst it, we have Darth Maul and the lightsaber dual, which kicks arse and kind of make its worth sitting through ‪#‎StarWars‬

Episode II:  I think Attack of the Clones might be the worst of the Star Wars films, as a stand alone film it makes sense but its just a really dull story with lots of needless scenes, then you hire the only actor (Christopher Lee) who could play a better villain than Vader and Maul and completely under utilize him, Insane! A few years latter they do AoTC right with the Clone Wars film/TV series, mind boggling.

Episode III: By far the best of the prequels, even if the first hour is on a par with them. That last hour and half delivers everything you wanted since you first saw the Original Trilogy. Could have done without General Grievous (Done better in Clone Wars) and had Padme live a little longer though.

But I am well hyped for Episode 7! :D I think its going be great, Disney is relying on it to much for the first one  under their control to be shit.

I actually agree with virtually this entire post. Except the Spectre bit. It's middle ranking Bond (I still loved it). 

Fantastic Beasts looks quite intriguing actually. I'm less sure on new Trek. I loved the two JJ ones but this looks... Overdone?