Films

Rufus Gwertigan

Whiplash. It was decent. I don't understand the rave reviews. Its a film that has been done a hundred times before.

Its The Karate Kid

Its Rocky

Its Crossroads

etc etc etc

Good acting from relative unknowns, but its hardly groundbreaking film making.

7/10

This makes me sad, I'm buzzing to see this :(

I wacthed Moonraker last night, can't decide what I find more rediculous about it, the laser fight in space in the EVA suits or the whole "Jaw's in Love" side plot!

Its an awful movie. A lot of the Moore movies are really. Sleazy cartoons. Bond pastiches.

Probably the best double entendre ending though. "I think hes attempting re-entry sir".

I can still hear the echoes from the audible groans of the cinema goers of the day.

Its an awful movie. A lot of the Moore movies are really. Sleazy cartoons. Bond pastiches.

Probably the best double entendre ending though. "I think hes attempting re-entry sir".

I can still hear the echoes from the audible groans of the cinema goers of the day.

I can't believe I've not really noticed how cheesy they get are throughout the entire movie before! It seems like cause they got a couple of laughs in Live and Let Die, they thought it was a good idea just to pepper it through out!

Even the Spy Who Loved Me just after Bond first meets with Agent Triple X, and they go after Jaws, the whole thing of them copying each/bumping into each other for about 5 minutes! Jesus that was hard to watch!

Before this watching session I used to regard Moore as my favourite Bond!

I blame the "Keeping the British end up Sir" at the end of the Spy Who loved me :P

Edited by LondonTom

I can't believe I've not really noticed how cheesy they get are throughout the entire movie before! It seems like cause they got a couple of laughs in Live and Let Die, they thought it was a good idea just to pepper it through out!

Even the Spy Who Loved Me just after Bond first meets with Agent Triple X, and they go after Jaws, the whole thing of them copying each/bumping into each other for about 5 minutes! Jesus that was hard to watch!

Before this watching session I used to regard Moore as my favourite Bond!

I blame the "Keeping the British end up Sir" at the end of the Spy Who loved me :P

Moore was nearly 60 by the time he'd finished up! Dalton was a much needed departure after Moore.

Isn't there a documentary with that boxset? Its really, really good. If thats the one I'm thinking of.

Moore was nearly 60 by the time he'd finished up! Dalton was a much needed departure after Moore.

Isn't there a documentary with that boxset? Its really, really good. If thats the one I'm thinking of.

There's quite special features, I've only really watched a few of them looking at how each film was put together. Fairly intresting actually, I don't normally bother.

Having a movie marathon this weekend.

So far watched 'Birdman' which was good,but not great.Maybe the buzz made it hard to deliver but didn't quite live up to the billing overall for me despite some great performances and enjoyed seeing Keaton & Norton in fact.

Just finished 'Unbroken' which I really really enjoyed.Jack O'Connell really is getting some great parts and putting in some great performances. Can see him doing well if he keeps it up,reminds me a lot of Tom Hardy when he was coming up.

I've been meaning to watch Unbroken, I've heard good things about his performance. He was very believable as his character in Skins some years back, so I'd be interested to see what he can do. I've recently watched 71 and, while it's a really good film I didn't think there was any stand out performance from him so much as him being incidental among alot of other much stronger roles and performances.

Just watched The Grand Budapest Hotel. Brilliant. Probably my favourite film of the year.

Fair number of people would agree I think. Personally - I think I must have seen it in a bad mood when i saw it at the flix. I have to be in the right frame of mind for Wes Anderson films - otherwise they just get on my tits. I just found this one irritating as fuck - all running about and no substance. The only one I've ever really liked is Roswell.

Like to put in a thumbs up as well for Frank. Dont know what I was expecting with this - but really enjoyed it. So funny and so sad in equal measure and Fassbender is great (there's more without the head than I was expecting).

Fair number of people would agree I think. Personally - I think I must have seen it in a bad mood when i saw it at the flix. I have to be in the right frame of mind for Wes Anderson films - otherwise they just get on my tits. I just found this one irritating as fuck - all running about and no substance. The only one I've ever really liked is Roswell.

Rushmore? I enjoyed it but I've always found that the least remarkable of his, I guess.

Midway through the glut of 'awards season' movies and it's all fairly 'good but not great'. Whiplash is probably the best one I've seen this week and prior to that Gone Girl, Pride and Grand Budapest Hotel but none of those four have really impressed me as much as most of the ones last time around (Her, Wolf of Wall Street, Dallas Buyers' Club, 12 Years a Slave and a few more.) so maybe 2013 was just a really good year. Still got a few of the biopic dramas to watch though.

Rushmore? I enjoyed it but I've always found that the least remarkable of his, I guess.

Midway through the glut of 'awards season' movies and it's all fairly 'good but not great'. Whiplash is probably the best one I've seen this week and prior to that Gone Girl, Pride and Grand Budapest Hotel but none of those four have really impressed me as much as most of the ones last time around (Her, Wolf of Wall Street, Dallas Buyers' Club, 12 Years a Slave and a few more.) so maybe 2013 was just a really good year. Still got a few of the biopic dramas to watch though.

Roswell??? Where's me fecking head? Thanks DP

Watched American Sniper last night, loved it. Bradley Cooper is great, so is Sienna Miller. One thing that stuck out like a sore thumb was that they used a doll as a stand in for a baby - it was so obvious. But I highly recommend it. Some of the dialogue was difficult to make out, maybe it was just my copy, but some of it was really hard to make out.

Watched American Sniper last night, loved it. Bradley Cooper is great, so is Sienna Miller. One thing that stuck out like a sore thumb was that they used a doll as a stand in for a baby - it was so obvious. But I highly recommend it. Some of the dialogue was difficult to make out, maybe it was just my copy, but some of it was really hard to make out.

The copy I have is a bit shit too. Won't be watching it unless I can find a better one.

On Wes Anderson, I don't think I've really liked any of his movies.

I enjoy Wes Anderson films but I can never really invest myself in them as the off-beatness of them makes me think of them as a long cartoons. Budapest is probably his best one tho, I remember when someone swears in the film it really stands out and had more of an effect than in most movies.

Saw Birdman over the weekend, fucking brilliant!