Films

Rufus Gwertigan

Anyone watch the Half In The Bag reviews? It's the guys behind those awesome Plinkett Star Wars reviews.

The RLM Star War reviews are some of the funniest things I've ever seen. Chris Morris or even more so.

That show was awfully boring. I mean, accurate reviews and all that, but where was the RLM comedy?

The RLM Star War reviews are some of the funniest things I've ever seen. Chris Morris or even more so.

That show was awfully boring. I mean, accurate reviews and all that, but where was the RLM comedy?

The HITB reviews are more straight-laced though. It's crazy how accurate they are.

I watched Blue Ruin yesterday, absolutely loved it.

Pretty much spoiler free trailer ahead.

Its in "the usual places" but also available on demand if you wanna buy it.

Cheers, never heard of that, looks great, just getting it now

Did anybody watch Lego The Movie? Is it worth it?

It's bloody joyous in every way. I saw the trailer and had a good scoff at the kind of stupid fool who pays to sit through a 2 hour toy advert, then noticed a lot of people were raving about it and went to see what all the fuss was about, it did not disappoint.

Going to see The Wind Rises on Tuesday. I truly believe that Hayao Miyazaki is the greatest filmmaker to ever live, this will be an emotional one for me, definitely looks like something the fans will get a lot more from than the average watcher, though.

Godzilla delivers what it promises. A fun ride with a big bastard demolishing stuff. As such, I loved it.

It's decent but I disagree with what you're saying, Godzilla is barely in the film and every time he gets into a fight they don't show apart from the end of the flick battle where it's still more focussed on other things.

If anyone is going to see it don't worry about paying extra for Imax or 3D, it's not worth it imo.

Edited by jump

It's not a film about Godzilla wrecking a city, if you came to see that you will be gutted. But as a MUTO movie it's unsurpassed, MUTOs are much scarier than Godzilla.

I saw it at my Imax, so grateful I did. So big, so scary. Very much worth the trip.

Tomorrow I'm seeing X-Men at my local smaller Independent cinema. The one that gets drowned out by the noise of the pub next door but you don't care as you can place your pint of beer on a proper wooden table inside the cinema.

X-Men is really good

Mhmm I might go see it, seems alot of positivity about it!

Will need to actually watch First Class this weekend then. (I've only watched the first 3 and the latest Wolverine movie, which apart from the first one xmen movie were pretty terrible affairs.)

Edited by LondonTom

Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii : (The Director's Cut).

I'd watched the original to the point of saturation so had kind of neglected the update for a while.

I got through it in a commute and back.

I was worried that "The People on The Bus" may have been looking at me strangely. I got that into it.

If you haven't seen it and not watched PFLIP for a while I would highly recommend it.

Maybe this post should have gone in the documentary thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw Maleficent at the Imax, in a psychedelic state of being.

Brilliant. Aimed at young girls, and glorious queens of all ages, still left enough room for the adult psychedelics to have a lot of fun with too.

Campest thing since Rocky Horror, and no worse for it at that. But really child-friendly, and girl-friendly specifically - very feminist.

• 3 weeks later...

But you do get some fabulous erection scenes (which I didn't think were allowed?) and Scarlett's boobs I guess.

I don't recall any fabulous erections. Really enjoyed the movie though.

The Zero Theorem.

Beautiful to look at.

Terry Gilliam being typical Terry Gilliam.

It's very Brazilish.

+ Waltz was very good.

There. I think that's all the positives of that film sorted. :(

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1