Films

Rufus Gwertigan

I use this site

https://adfreetime.com/region-unlock/

its $1.99 a month, but does what your suggestion does, but you can switch regions at will, and it also blocks the ads on youtube etc. I was using one before that was $4.99, but this one is cheaper and better.

the biggest disparity I found was in the documentary section, uk netflix has about 200 docs, whereas the US one has probably over 1000.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25711514

Oscar nominations are out. Nice to see 'Her' do so well in terms of nominations, it's this year's unexpected pleasant surprise for me; dark, dystopian, funny and provoking. Hope it does well.

I also want Gravity to do well. I really enjoyed that film, it was fun and a visual treat, although as a friend said, it would have been even better if she'd been attacked by a crocodile at the end :)

The glory days aren't over. It's just a criminal bit of overlooking from the Academy. Which is no surprise seeing as they do it every year at least once.

I thought Monsters Uni was ok but still far from the standard they've set before and the same goes for Brave, at least it wasn't as bad Cars 2 or letting crap like Planes be made.

I've only watched Monsters Uni out of those 4, such is my own personal feeling of decline in pixar. I remember a time when their work was unmissable, now it seems more conveyor belt fodder to me. Of course others may feel differently, but I can't help but feel that the classics are long behind them and it looks ever less likely that they will be the ground breaking studio they once were.

Watched Taxi Driver for the first time today (I know, I know, i got all the Scorcese's for birthday/christmas, and I'm going through them all) and obviously i'd heard the "you talkin' to me?" line, and seen the mirror scene, in many places before, but I couldn't believe how feminine it looks. He looks as if he's doing the Vogue dance while he does it.

Catch Me if You Can, Aviator, Blood Diamond, Great Gatsby, Inception, Departed, Django, Wolf Of Wall Street....

OK Leo, we get it, you're the best actor of your generation, you can stop apologising for The Beach, it's cool man.

Really want to check out American Hustle - any good?

Edited by Purple Monkey

I'm really angered by this romantic version of 1984. Turning a powerful dystopian vision of how our society is progressing into a fucking cheesy romance story is an utter disgrace. There will be people who see this and associate 1984 with some crappy romantic film rather than what it should be.

Edited by kaosmark2

Catch Me if You Can, Aviator, Blood Diamond, Great Gatsby, Inception, Departed, Django, Wolf Of Wall Street....

OK Leo, we get it, you're the best actor of your generation, you can stop apologising for The Beach, it's cool man.

Very very good. It's much more about the performances than the story tho, and it probably goes on a wee bit too long

You forgot Shutter Island! The Beach was so bad though. More apologies for that please ;)