Films

Rufus Gwertigan

Watched "The Iceman". Its a tough one to rate, as it may well stand up well as a movie on its own, but anyone with any background knowledge on Kuklinski will ultimately be disappointed as the movie misses so many important details. I read the biography, and watched the HBO interviews with Kuklinski from his prison cell, and found the movie very sparse on just how cold, ruthless and completely devoid of empathy RK was.

Upon reading a few IMDB user reviews after watching, I am not alone in my opinion.

We have no kids this week, so Mrs t8y and me are hoping to get a few movies in. Not decided exactly what yet, but might well give looper a go after all of the positive talk on here over the last few days.

Love curb, shame the movie is being received badly...

On another note, I watched Kermodes "Top 5 of the year so far......" the other day on 'tube. He mentioned "The Act Of Killing" in his top 5, a documentary with some involvement by Werner Herzog, its about 2 gangsters in Indonesia who were basically the heads of 2 different death squads responsible for the genocide of over a million people in 1965. They are invited to re-enact their horrific memories in the style of different Hollywood genre films. Sounds bizarre I know, but its incredibly well reviewed everywhere. I started watching it yesterday but had to stop due to lack of time. Its amazing so far.

its available in the usual places. Its quite long.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2375605/?ref_=sr_1

Edited by t8yman

Love curb, shame the movie is being received badly...

On another note, I watched Kermodes "Top 5 of the year so far......" the other day on 'tube. He mentioned "The Act Of Killing" in his top 5, a documentary with some involvement by Werner Herzog, its about 2 gangsters in Indonesia who were basically the heads of 2 different death squads responsible for the genocide of over a million people in 1965. They are invited to re-enact their horrific memories in the style of different Hollywood genre films. Sounds bizarre I know, but its incredibly well reviewed everywhere. I started watching it yesterday but had to stop due to lack of time. Its amazing so far.

its available in the usual places. Its quite long.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2375605/?ref_=sr_1

Seen it a couple of weeks ago, Pretty mental up to say the least, Especially the last half hour or so.

It was the extended version I watched.

Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy is being considered a completely separate universe to The Man of Steel. They wanted to bring in an actor in his 40's as Batman for Man of Steel 2 as they wanted a veteran Batman, or at least a Batman that had been fighting crime for a while.