Films

Rufus Gwertigan

I really liked Oz. The little girl made of China was adorable, it had memorable scenes and I found the Wicked Witch to be a somewhat sexual, like, I totally would. Many times.

The only thing I didn't enjoy was this FAT FUCK in a Batman T-Shirt who sat behind us the whole time and chatting to his EVEN FATTER GIRLFRIEND making lame remarks. I even heard the words "predictable ending" scoffed in an act of smug self-satisfied wisdom, like it wasn't signposted by the fact it's a fucking prequel. I don't gove a shit about your crappy opinion, just sit and watch the movie and shut your fat face until the end. I had to turn around and tell him to shut up, I've never done that before, but this c**t broke every rule - mouth breathing, chair kicking, rustling bag and talking. Textbook pleb.

I have zero tolerance for people like that these days, and it's getting worse. Zero respect deserves to be reciprocated with a punch to the dick.

• Upvote 2

I really liked Oz. The little girl made of China was adorable, it had memorable scenes and I found the Wicked Witch to be a somewhat sexual, like, I totally would. Many times.

The only thing I didn't enjoy was this FAT FUCK in a Batman T-Shirt who sat behind us the whole time and chatting to his EVEN FATTER GIRLFRIEND making lame remarks. I even heard the words "predictable ending" scoffed in an act of smug self-satisfied wisdom, like it wasn't signposted by the fact it's a fucking prequel. I don't gove a shit about your crappy opinion, just sit and watch the movie and shut your fat face until the end. I had to turn around and tell him to shut up, I've never done that before, but this c**t broke every rule - mouth breathing, chair kicking, rustling bag and talking. Textbook pleb.

I have zero tolerance for people like that these days, and it's getting worse. Zero respect deserves to be reciprocated with a punch to the dick.

*applauds*

I find the cinema is an annoyingly stressful and annoying environment nowadays. People are awful

+1 on the applause.

I assume it did the trick?

The main reason I dont go to the cinema much any more......

+1 on the applause.

I assume it did the trick?

The main reason I dont go to the cinema much any more......

I only go late at night, early in the morning or straight after work. It's always quiet then, and no matter how good your TV is it's not going to be as good as sitting three rows from the front so the screen just takes up my field of vision and the sound system physically assaults me :D

PM, you're still a Manchester lad right? AMC is only £4 before 11am and after 11pm, get on it :)

no matter how good your cinema is, its never going to be as good as choosing my company, choosing when the movie starts, choosing to pause for a piss, eating and drinking what I like, laying out like a fat fuck on a massive comfy sofa, and being about 50 feet from my bed when its all over. and its free.

:blum:

• Upvote 2

I had to do similar, and offered to show him my feelings towards him outside, after The Hobbit finished - embarrassingly I got applauded by the rest of the cinema!

The manager then arrived, was profusely apologetic, and offered us free VIP tickets for future shows.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just watched "The Hunt". It's a difficult film at times as it is about a teacher accused of kiddy fiddling and how the community turn on him. It's in Danish and plenty of accents like the Swedish Chef but is extremely intense and superbly acted, especially the performance of the "accuser" a girl of around 5. I would give it a 10 out of 10.

Edited to add: another film along a similar vein is The Woodsman. Amazingly it stars Kevin Bacon in what I would say his best performance. He plays a paedo just released from prison and trying to adjust. It has been out a few years and did not seem to get much of an airing, probably due to the subject matter, but it is well worth the effort.

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

I have just watched "The Hunt". It's a difficult film at times as it is about a teacher accused of kiddy fiddling and how the community turn on him. It's in Danish and plenty of accents like the Swedish Chef but is extremely intense and superbly acted, especially the performance of the "accuser" a girl of around 5. I would give it a 10 out of 10.

That's weird, I also watched it last night. 8/10 for me.

read an article today by the director of A Serbian Film explaining how it is an allegory for how the people of Serbia are abused and put into a position of prostitution by their employers, he went on to explain what it's like to be a Serbian...

it made me appreciate the film way more than when I actually watched it :blink:

read an article today by the director of A Serbian Film explaining how it is an allegory for how the people of Serbia are abused and put into a position of prostitution by their employers, he went on to explain what it's like to be a Serbian...

it made me appreciate the film way more than when I actually watched it :blink:

Except what he said is utter horseshit. I read a few interviews with him prior to watching it, which went someway to justifying his "artistic choices" but the general feeling among filmy types and critics is that he is basically a sick fucker, who tries to justify being a sick fucker by portraying his particular brand of exploitative shite as an allegory for the struggle of "his people". there are other ways, ways which would much more succesfully get his point over to more people in a more efficient manner.

His work belongs alongside the likes of Mordum, not Fellini IMHO.

just sayin....

Edited by t8yman

Sightseers. Very funny. Best Brit film Ive seen since 4 Lions. some of the reviews have said the same.

I've only seen a handful mind you.

Wanted to see this since first hearing about it but the cinema nearest me when it came out didn't show it. Any film that features a scene in the Keswick Pencil Museum is going to be fine by me.

Wanted to see this since first hearing about it but the cinema nearest me when it came out didn't show it. Any film that features a scene in the Keswick Pencil Museum is going to be fine by me.

haha yeah very funny. Few great one liners in there too.

Its out on DVD now I think and in some cinemas still. And also available from the usual places.

Just watched Snow white and the huntsman, I thought it was an interesting retelling of an old fairytale. However my favourite film in the last while was Dredd, I even went to the pictures to see it in 3D the day it came out. For me it is the film that has made the best use of the technique, especially in the slo-mo scenes. The character of Joseph was captured perfectly by Urban but the premise of the film fitted with what I remembered with the rookie being in control of the patrol under the supervision of a senior judge impressed me greatly. I only hope they can some how justify a sequel.

Watched seven psycopaths last night and loved it. As usual Harelson and Walken put in great performances but Sam Rockwell stole the show. He really is one of this generations great but under rated performers.

The funeral scene is genius. Some of the biggest laughs Ive heard in a cinema in a while.

Hes incredible in Moon too. Anyone seen Conviction? Hes great in that apparently.

The funeral scene is genius. Some of the biggest laughs Ive heard in a cinema in a while.

Hes incredible in Moon too. Anyone seen Conviction? Hes great in that apparently.

I loved Moon. I told Treacle about moon (just general no plot or spoilers) and on the strength of Rockwell wannts to see it.