Films

Rufus Gwertigan

And his scene with Dennis Hopper in True Romance is right up there as one of my favourite movie scenes of all time

"I haven't killed anyone since 1984". Awesome

yes.gif Hopper was a bit special as well. Anyone seen Blue Velvet?

Edited by AcademicPistol

I love Walken. Yeah I know he only ever plays himself but still. However I can't watch him without thinking of the Fst Boy Slim video.

He sort of plays himself a little less in this. Not a self parody really. Some of the dialogue is very funny. Reminded me of the Big Lebowski. Sort of mock improv style.

Just back from The Hobbit...a few thoughts

It is a very good film and exactly what we would expect from Peter Jackson and co. I saw it in IMAX and it looked incredible. Martin Freeman is excellent as Bilbo. Gollum absolutely steals the film, and the riddles in the dark scene is superb.

HOWEVER

Its a joke that this has gone to 3 films. The scenes involving Radagast are completely drawn out and pointless IMO, and there was no need to introduce Azog as an antagonist. They've some how managed to make it an hour and 45 minutes before they leave Rivindell!

It should have been 2 films split after the barrel escape

*sigh*

Just back from The Hobbit...a few thoughts

It is a very good film and exactly what we would expect from Peter Jackson and co. I saw it in IMAX and it looked incredible. Martin Freeman is excellent as Bilbo. Gollum absolutely steals the film, and the riddles in the dark scene is superb.

HOWEVER

Its a joke that this has gone to 3 films. The scenes involving Radagast are completely drawn out and pointless IMO, and there was no need to introduce Azog as an antagonist. They've some how managed to make it an hour and 45 minutes before they leave Rivindell!

It should have been 2 films split after the barrel escape

*sigh*

I probably wont even see it tbh, so low is its appeal to me, because PJ's apparent belief that EPIC = 3 hours puts me off anyway, and 3x3 hours makes it a complete no-go imho.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="t8yman" data-cid="3884224" data-time="1355557555"><p>

<br />

<br />

I probably wont even see it tbh, so low is its appeal to me, because PJ's apparent belief that EPIC = 3 hours puts me off anyway, and 3x3 hours makes it a complete no-go imho.</p></blockquote>

You can read the book in less time ;-)

Saw The Hobbit last night, I enjoyed it. It took a while to get going but there's some great scenes, particularly one between Gollum and Bilbo. The 2 hours 50 minutes passed quite quickly which is good.

For any LOTR geeks, there seems to be a continuity problem as when we are told during the LOTR trilogy of how Bilbo originally acquired the one ring, that seems to have changed somewhat in the Hobbit!

I've got Lovefilm, I quite like it. The instant selection isn't amazing but it's fairly good for older stuff. I get 2 discs out at once in my package which gives me a decent balance, worth the money IMO but depends on what you want it for. I tend to be constantly behind in films so it's just a cheaper way of getting through older films than buying DVDs.

Watched Cabin in the Woods tonight. Really enjoyed it, good humour with a fairly good twist on the stereotype. Plays into it just the right amount I felt.

Doing the lovefilm trial on my PS3, have to say, its fucking shit, selection is awful, I will NOT be subscribing

Same as what Kaosmark2 said. I had it for ages and really enjoyed it. Great for 'oooohhhh I'd like to see that' just add it straight after the trailer, forget about it and eventually you get it. Particularly good for those dramas that don't really get advertised to hell or pushed on u or for foriegn films as well. I just don't have time to watch films at the moment, so cancelled.

I got netflix trial, truly awful.