Films

Rufus Gwertigan

So the best film of next year will released it's teaser today:

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/05/watch-first-trailer-for-star-trek-into-darkness/

Looks fantastic :D

Unless it is just TWOK reworked for the modern era, that ending Japanese shot seems to indicate so

and some OTT analysis shot by shot of the trailer:

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/06/star-trek-into-darkness-announcement-trailer-shot-by-shot-analysis/

So the best film of next year will released it's teaser today:

http://trekmovie.com...-into-darkness/

Looks fantastic biggrin.png

Unless it is just TWOK reworked for the modern era, that ending Japanese shot seems to indicate so

and some OTT analysis shot by shot of the trailer:

http://trekmovie.com...-shot-analysis/

Looks like they've spent every penny of that 185m budget!

Looks incredible!!

I really enjoyed the first Star Trek reboot film but it was just a popcorn movie, all action and fan service so I'm not getting too excited by this unless they actually chuck in a story this time I will just be bored.

Personally I'm looking forward to Pacific Rim nest year, Guillermo Del Toro's new film and his first film with a blockbuster budget and considering films like Pan's Labyrinth and Hellboy looked gorgeous with limited funds I really want to see what he does with $200m.

Finally got round to watching Memento. I really enjoyed it but I can't imagine wanting to watch it again. It's intriguingly developed and timed with the dual-chronology structure, but I felt the ending plot twist wasn't that exciting or shocking. It's one of those films where I feel the middle is the most worthwhile part. Good film, but it had been built up so much I was expecting better.

It probably doesn't help that I'm used to dual-chronology structures, the best I've seen it done is definitely Iain M Bank's book Use of Weapons.

Finally got round to watching Memento. I really enjoyed it but I can't imagine wanting to watch it again. It's intriguingly developed and timed with the dual-chronology structure, but I felt the ending plot twist wasn't that exciting or shocking. It's one of those films where I feel the middle is the most worthwhile part. Good film, but it had been built up so much I was expecting better.

It probably doesn't help that I'm used to dual-chronology structures, the best I've seen it done is definitely Iain M Bank's book Use of Weapons.

I love Memento. I am old enough tontemember Guy Pierce when he was in Neighbours and he really has come into his own. I loved him in The Propostion.

I love Memento. I am old enough tontemember Guy Pierce when he was in Neighbours and he really has come into his own. I loved him in The Propostion.

I felt the acting in it was wonderful and the premise excellent, it's more that the ending where the timed sequences met felt lacking to me. Mind you, most Nolan films have a kinda-clever but ultimately disappointing ending IMO.

I'm puzzled by this comment,did you think it was going to change since the last time you saw it or something?

Sometimes I enjoy re-watching films just so see if they are as good as I remember them being, been ages since I've watched Changeling so I thought I'd give it another go, yep it's still bloody brilliant :D