Guest h.k.b

I usually go to Creamfields but I could not make it this year so I opted for Global Gathering as it is the other EDM festival in the UK. I had expectations but I was very disappointed, the layout of the arena and camp sites were horrendous, we had to walk for miles from the campsite to get to the main arena. The security was also poor, on arrival, no ID was checked which I would have assumed and their was no bag checking. The venue seemed to be full of an excessive amount of druggies and kids blatantly under the age of 18. On the campsite, tents were getting broken into and their was a lack of security performed by the onsite staff. I also somehow managed to get spiked with a high dose of MDMA which resulted in me being in the medic hut all of Saturday evening/night so I missed the majority of the weekend (this backs up the fact that the security is poor and the arrival checks on bags was not carried out properly). I know drugs are about at every festival, it is inevitable, however many on the campsite were dealing things such as MD, MKat and Crack. It wasn't organised well at all, the house stage was TINY which is completely ridiculous. Very very disappointed, I will never make the mistake of going again and I will be returning to my usual summer festival which is Creamfields!! You will not be disappointed there, the atmosphere is alive and buzzing unlike GG, the security is great and it is well planned. Definitely recommend you all Creamfields and not GG if you are looking to attend a dance musical festival next summer! :-)

Lol at response.

To add, it's at long marston airfield, I camped there for phoenix back in the day and the walk to the arena isn't that bad.

There will be a huge amount of drugs of all varieties at Global, I am afraid that this is very much part of the territory with the audience in attendance. I don't partake myself, but I don't judge either, my understanding is that large scale dance music events are basically going to be chemically balanced for alot of the attendees.

Sorry to hear that you got spiked. I have been spiked with MDMA in the past, once I understood what was going on I loved it, sorry to hear it was bad for you. I know that coming under the influence of a powerful substance against your will can be a very scary thing and lead to anxiety and all the nasty effects that such an emotion brings. When it happened to me I was lucky to be surrounded by sensible people who were able to help me not get hit by anxiety and therefore not have a bad time of it. I hope the people at the medical tent were able to help you out.

• 1 month later...

I've been to both Creamfileds & Global and out of the 2 Global was hands down the friendlier, more organised, had a better atmosphere and there was a hell lot more on offer than at Creamfields. Creamfilelds has the dodgiest looking characters out of any festival that I've been too. I've spoke to several people who have been battered / stabbed at there. When it comes to bag checks the bag checks at Global are a hell of a lot worse than at Creamfields, we had to wait for 3 hours to get in the year that we went because the bag searches were that vigorous. Also at Creamfields on the way in to the arena you are waved over with a metal detector looking specifically for weapons, what does that say about the crowd there? And it's supposedly got better since moving to Cheshire from Speke airport haha, would not have liked to have attended in those days.

• 5 months later...

There are certainly a lot of people out there who have had a bad experience out there at GG, I went last year and was a little shocked by it. The amount of drugs was insane, i don't partake myself but I couldn't walk five yards without being offered something. As for the walk I was lucky enough to be in the VIP area so it didn't effect me much but on the walk back when I was leaving it was pretty horrendous - I couldn't believe some people were camped all the way out there.

Edited by Ed_P