Creamfields: is it safe?

Guest Dneverend

Ok, this is the 1st festival i have been to and i was pretty excited once i bought the tickets.

However, since then i have been doing some reading about the festival and have come across some pretty horrific sounding stories along the lines of scallies wondering around in groups robbing people and giving them a beating, tents being "broken" into and general unpleasant sounding stuff.

I am going with my girlfriend and i obviously want to keep us both safe so i was just wondering if these stories are common place or just horror stories that one might hear.

Are people there usually quite decent and friendly?

I might sound like a terrified guy but i'm new to all this and i'd rather go and have a good time and not worry about getting stabbed on the way back to the camp!

cheers for any feed back.

It's as safe as everywhere else nowadays. I've been going since 2001 and never really had a problem. I've seen some trouble but not much and it's usually been scallie on scallie trouble over who's got the nicest shellsuit!! The people are 99% great with a few dickheads sprinkled in, much the same as everywhere in life!

Tips:

• get to know the people camping around you and join in the whole community thing, that wat you can all look out for each other's stuff. Some tents will get 'broken into' but that's the same at any festie (although I don't know anyone personally that it's happened to). Don't take anything you can't afford to lose and obviously don't leave anything of value in your tent.

• In the Arena don't make yourself into a victim. What I mean is, don't wander the darker areas of the site alone with your iphone stuck to your ear etc.

• Basically use common sense as you would anywhere else.

• Come to the efests meetup in the Arena on Saturday. 6pm outside the entrance to the Hospitality Area.

• Have a great time, I always do!!

If you want to know anything more specific, feel free to ask! :D

Delboy has made some excellent point there. It's simply just common sense.

I have been going to Creamfields with my girlfriend for the past 4 years and touch wood we have never had a problem.

We always try and mingle with the people camping around us and have a laugh and for the last couple of years we have actually ended up going into the arena with the people camping with us and seeing a few acts with them as they wer great people.

If you want to feel a little safer when camping you could camp nearer to the watch towers as they have somone watching over the campsite all night but it could be a little noisy for you as they have a generator powering the lights. I personally don't I simply turn up and camp near a good looking bunch of people. :)

In the arena 9 out 10 you can always spot the people who are going to be dickheads so you just stay out of the way and keep yourself to yourself.

Like Delboy said any trouble is usually between 2 idiots argueing over something pretty pointless.

It's as safe as everywhere else nowadays. I've been going since 2001 and never really had a problem. I've seen some trouble but not much and it's usually been scallie on scallie trouble over who's got the nicest shellsuit!! The people are 99% great with a few dickheads sprinkled in, much the same as everywhere in life!

Tips:

• get to know the people camping around you and join in the whole community thing, that wat you can all look out for each other's stuff. Some tents will get 'broken into' but that's the same at any festie (although I don't know anyone personally that it's happened to). Don't take anything you can't afford to lose and obviously don't leave anything of value in your tent.

• In the Arena don't make yourself into a victim. What I mean is, don't wander the darker areas of the site alone with your iphone stuck to your ear etc.

• Basically use common sense as you would anywhere else.

• Come to the efests meetup in the Arena on Saturday. 6pm outside the entrance to the Hospitality Area.

• Have a great time, I always do!!

If you want to know anything more specific, feel free to ask! :D

Ah thank you very much! This has certainly put my mind at ease.

As regards to meeting up with other efesters can anyone just come along? It would be great to meet new people on the weekend!

Thanks Coolhull, i'd prefer it if we were in a larger group but none of our other friends like dance music!

Thank you both for your feedback, it's much appreciated!