Kendal Calling 2013

Guest ramragon

Not been on this forum for a bit. And there's been far too many posts slagging us Scots since. Our football team may be mince but I'll think you'll find that's now our second sport after tennis (once we dig the buckfast glass out of the courts).

Looks like I'll be doing Wickerman next year instead of KC. I might have to resort to just doing KC during Olympic years if they keep the same weekend going forward. Was a tough decision, KC has much much better music, Wickerman has a much more relaxed feel to it and better camping facilities. Decided that the Wickerman lineup just couldnt be worse than this year and the fact that the tickets are 2011 prices seems to have swung it for the crowd I usually go with.

I'll miss your fry ups though Steve but there's a few lasses going so they'll look after me.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the wickerman early bird e-mail but holding fire..... Honestly don`t know yet but we will defo be at one of them. As has been said it`s a real shame they fall on the same weekend but we`ve had the reasons explained so fair enough. I`m still hoping that I can base my decision on where Jimmy Cliff is going !

Its a real shame they clash or im certain i would have done the 2 next year, There was loads of space to be had at Wickerman and did feel loads more relaxed. The extra days entertainment sells it to me though, plus im sure the line up at kendal will be stronger, outside of the main 3 acts each night the rest of the card was relatively unknown to me. Wickerman also felt like a very family friendly festival, with loads of thought put in to what children want to do, from small enclosed football pitches, funfair, outdoor laser quest games. A bit more variety than collect the blue and green beer cans for a shiny 10pence piece !!

Sure you'll have a great time jonjo and its good to hear the lasses will look after ya.

Saw Black Grape a couple of times...there was a time at the Civic when Shaun Rider came on, spent the whole night sitting on the drum thing reading the lyrics (badly) off sheets of paper. Kermit and the other fella were doing all the work which occasionally included going over every 5 minutes and giving him a shove to stop him sliding over and I thought 'this ain't good'.

Would be a laugh though.

Heard a rumour Gene are reforming as well...

Edited by Flaminglippy