Kendal Calling 2013

Guest ramragon

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The festival seemed to have an excellent line up as well as location as well, I don't think a lot of people will realise about the restrictions until they arrive on Friday, can imagine some grief being dished out about it.

I would have gone with the family, with that we normally take our own food, bbqs , seats, bit bigger tent for some comfort. Endless.alcohol doesn't really bother me but a more comfortable setup to keep the missus an bairn happy makes a difference. No way we wud have coped doing one trip on a shuttle bus,.normally the cars bursting !

How about Franz Ferdinand as possible headliner?? Must be due a return soon.

Gonna nail my danglies to the mast and go for-.

Friday - Kanye West

Saturday - Vaccines/Bombay Bicycle Club

Sunday - Manics/Charlies

If I'm not right about at least 2 of these the first round at the meet-up is on me!

theyre still playing acadamy gigs and unis though, im not saying they will play but theyre yet to do an arena tour and a possible headline slot at a 18 to 20k festival must seem appealing to them in some way

nah ... they're too "now" for the big players to let them play somewhere like KC. They're the sort of act who would bring in a big number of punters for the likes of V, T & R/L, so they'll do the rounds of those.

Surely from their perspective though actually headlining a festival rather than being a 3rd on the bill warm up act for the likes of Muse/Kasabian would be an attractive proposition??

They've been reasonably low down the bill the last 2 years when they've played at IOW/Reading/V etc etc.

thats pretty much my thinking, as far as im aware theyve not headlined a sizeable festival yet so the chance to play a few headline sets might appeal to them as opposed to like you say a slot 3rd down the bill, Even from a material point of view, 3rd down the bill would net you an hour set tops, headline would get you a 90 minute slot if you wanted it.

still got a feeling we'll end up with the likes of the kaisers, stereophonics, paul weller or a band of that sort of pull. The Stereophonics must be due to get back on the road soon after a few barren years.

not saying thats who i want, just saying i think it'll be that sort of stature

Surely from their perspective though actually headlining a festival rather than being a 3rd on the bill warm up act for the likes of Muse/Kasabian would be an attractive proposition??

They've been reasonably low down the bill the last 2 years when they've played at IOW/Reading/V etc etc.

Having seen them at the weekend, I'll be surprised if they're anywhere where they're 3rd on the bill next summer. I wouldn't even totally rule them out of being a Glastonbury headliner (unlikely, but not impossible. 2nd from top is pretty likely I reckon).

That aside, everything about them screams that they're likely to be corporate whores (:P), that they've worked to a how-to-be-successful formula in exactly the same way as few other bands I could name.

Having seen them at the weekend, I'll be surprised if they're anywhere where they're 3rd on the bill next summer. I wouldn't even totally rule them out of being a Glastonbury headliner (unlikely, but not impossible. 2nd from top is pretty likely I reckon).

That aside, everything about them screams that they're likely to be corporate whores (:P), that they've worked to a how-to-be-successful formula in exactly the same way as few other bands I could name.

That aside, everything about them screams that they're likely to be corporate whores (tongue.png), that they've worked to a how-to-be-successful formula in exactly the same way as few other bands I could name.