When nature calls posh loos

Guest whennaturecalls

In general principle I'm with mr eFests, I believe that the ticket price covers the cost of being provided facilities and those facilities being kept in or near a reasonable state for the majority of the duration of your stay, however I'd like to say that the representative of this company has been very pleasant and taken all comments and criticism well, without becoming defensive, which is nice.

For some reason, which is beyond me, some people really have a problem with the long drops at glastonbury, which are about the best (free) festival toilets in existence (in my somewhat limited experience). Rule of thumb for me is that a portaloo should only be used in the very direst of emergencies, if you do not have the bladder/bowel control to make it to a long drop from any point on the site then I apologise for looking down on you slightly, but I do ;)

My favourite toilets are avalon crossroads, there's something about the way the wind blows across the top of your head while you kickstart your day.

Edited by Spindles

• 7 years later...

Another festival 'upgrade' rip-off. Some young 'entrepreneurs' who noticed the awful toilets and, instead of lobbying the organisers (who make huge profits) to improve the toilets, they thought they could jump on the 'extras' bandwagon and make their own profits from people with enough money and daft to pay for a cleaner bog at £6 a pee. I'm fed up with the extortionate ticket prices, Ticketmaster rip-off 'fees', the Tier pricing con, the parking camping glamping con (remember the good old days when you paid to go to an event and they had a car park where you parked and were not charged), the rip-off drink and food prices and all the hangers-on who want to make a buck off music-lovers who just want to sit on the grass, listen to decent bands, have a drink a burger and a pee and sleep in a tent but are expected to pay £500 for the privilege.

Ticketmaster turns over $10billion, the owner John Malone gives half a billion dollars to the Trump campaign and hundreds of millions to charity - he should stop ripping off people and stop taking their hard-earned cash and giving it to Trump.