When nature calls posh loos

Guest whennaturecalls

Some people would welcome this at festivals but your site doesn't say how many units are on each site. If you've only got one cabin of 12 at a festival, then it'll not be very handy if your not in the immediate vacinity of that cabin. Also if you have only one cabin then people will experience queues, which don't go down well - especially if it's an emergency. So, more information on how many units would be on site would be welcome.

Hi thank you for your input - we have 4 cabins of 12 units and we limit the number of wristbands that we sell. Although people do queue at peak times there are also times when there is no queue and I guess it's personal peference as to whether you'd rather wait for a clean loo. We have uniformed staff who clean and check after every person uses the loo, you can also wash with the hot water. We are a new company and we appreciate all the support as its a tough market out there!

Posh loos are fine but if a festival has decent cleaning crews and regularly checked toilets then that should suffice.

Just been to Croissant Neuf (OK it's only a small fest) but the toilets were clean and stocked with loo roll and hand cleanser right to the end. Also never long queues.

With bigger fests it's surely just a case of scaling up numbers.

Admittedly at the IoW, where Posh Loos had a presence, there was some need but only because the 'organisers' hadn't made contingency plans for the rain and the site was so muddy that at times the toilet emptying wagons couldn't get through the mud.

Generally at a fest get to know the cleaning times and try to plan your visits when they've just been scrubbed out.

Hi thank you for your input - we have 4 cabins of 12 units and we limit the number of wristbands that we sell. Although people do queue at peak times there are also times when there is no queue and I guess it's personal peference as to whether you'd rather wait for a clean loo. We have uniformed staff who clean and check after every person uses the loo, you can also wash with the hot water. We are a new company and we appreciate all the support as its a tough market out there!

It's a bit like going private to jump the NHS waiting list. I can see how organisations like BUPA make money out of the shortcomings of the NHS. I don't want to run down BUPA or providers of 'posh loos' but I'd really like to see proper investment in the NHS and proper investment by festival organisers in reasonable, well cleaned and kept toilets, so that the facilities avaialble for those that can afford it are available for all.

It's a bit like going private to jump the NHS waiting list. I can see how organisations like BUPA make money out of the shortcomings of the NHS. I don't want to run down BUPA or providers of 'posh loos' but I'd really like to see proper investment in the NHS and proper investment by festival organisers in reasonable, well cleaned and kept toilets, so that the facilities avaialble for those that can afford it are available for all.

Hi guys thanks for your response - we too agree that organisers shudder better facilities but can safely say that will not happen as they couldn't clean them often enough and some people have no respect for others! We really value feedback and advice, regarding muddy festivals we were at the iow festival and or loos were spotless throughout ! We even try to clean muddy floors, we also were at Creamfields last year another mud bath! Like you say a consumers choice just giving you guys options! Thank you and please if you want to know more look on our when nature calls Facebook. Dani

Not at any fests I am going to but these actually actually look quite decent!! Only problem is maybe not enough around the place as i would want to do all my business in them for the money :P

I've seen a fair few which are really just a little cleaner than the your average festival bog and charging the same price.

On the argument of comparing it to the NHS, i don't think this is quite the same as people's health as long as festival provides some what sanitary conditions for body business! (I can safely say the TiTP toilets in the campsite are a complete disgrace but this might be in part down to the people, but when i went most of them were broken and vile by friday morning..)

If festivals provided decent loos in the first place, they'd be no need for posh loos.

And guess what? plenty of festivals provide very decent loos, no less clean than these 'posh' loos might ever be.

If the festival you go to has shit loos, find yourself another festival where the organisers care about their customers. Then you don't need to spunk even more money out for what the organisers should provide you with in the first place.

Or let the organisers know so they can make improvements. Glad I didn't give up on Glasto just because the first time I went it was generally dig a whole and have a shit type thing.

ten or twenty years ago, everything was different.

Nowadays there's plenty of festivals that are able to provide ample loos that are always clean. Those festivals who don't are those festivals who don't care enough about their customers. There's really no excuse.

It goes without saying that festival organisers should provide decent toilet facilities but I'm not against posh loos like whennaturecalls also being on site. It just gives greater choice. If you want up market fancy toilets you can have them. I personally don't think I'd use them because I'm 'battle hardened' over the years of toilet going at festivals and would therefore use the ones provided by the festival. However I wouldn't begrudge somebody else who wants / can afford a bit of luxury from having a posh loo to go to. It's no different to most other commodities sold on site.

Yep very true. Not sure how you would know the next festival would be good though and that the one you have been too will not improve.

But as you say no excuse

I'd say that any established fest that's still getting it wrong now has no intention of getting it right.

There's a few caviats to that I suppose - because I know of at least one case where a fest has genuinely tried to improve its bogs but the reality turned out to be the opposite - but as a general statement the 'no excuse' line holds true.