Stage Times/Timetable

Guest ElGanzo

AAAgggggHHHHHHHHHHHH - Friday. Have pursuaded Mrs Airwaves to come to only her second festival on the basis that Roy Harper is playing. And now I find that there will probably be serious clashes with just about the only other contemporary names she knows on the bill because I repeat play their albums - John Grant, Low Anthem, Lanterns on the Lake. Also mightyly disappointed that Roy is not on Garden Stage, that would be a wonderful setting for him.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some Friday afternoon thoughts:

1) yeah, Alabama Shakes are tedious as fuck. Anything based on a dull notion of 'authenticity' is likely to be so.

2) What a lineup. Clashes all over the shop for me.

3)Trailer Trash Tracys have disappeared? Boooo.

Have pursuaded Mrs Airwaves to come to only her second festival on the basis that Roy Harper is playing. And now I find that there will probably be serious clashes with just about the only other contemporary names she knows on the bill because I repeat play their albums - John Grant, Low Anthem, Lanterns on the Lake. Also mightyly disappointed that Roy is not on Garden Stage, that would be a wonderful setting for him.

i agree with you RRR.

saw them at Lat, and they properly filled the mainstage - with swayey type dancing too- on Saturday afternoon.

then, loads of comments about them being 'ok' or 'great to drink cider to' (i agree that) and, diss above diss 'just like a pub band'. ffs if you get voices like brittany in your local then i'm going to come and live on your sitting room floor.

Glad I'm not the only one feeling the Alabama Shakes love. so what if they've only one album, they will be great on a big stage with the sun coming down and a happy crowd ready to boogie. Love that album.

The schedule has got me really, really excited. A couple of clashes, but it is a festival after all!! Plenty of choice, some great bands, some great company.

Band A being too high / low / wrong stage isn't going to bother me too much.

COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS! :-)

Alabama Shakes are damn good live, I missed the end of their set at Latitude because I headed off to see Jonathan Wilson - thinking he was more likely to clash at EOTR being on the Bella Union day.

Turns out I was wrong - suspect I may be missing the end of them again to tootle off to Tindersticks.

Of course they could be doing this "surprise slot", which would be good.......though Guillemots would be better!

Actually Sunday is my best day in a way - less bands I want to see overall (I have 20 on Friday!) but many of my "most-looking-forward-tos": Doug Paisley, Porcelain Raft, First Aid Kit, Outfit, Patrick watson/Deer Tick, Grandaddy/Villagers......

....am nervous about where those clashes are going to fall!!!!

ps could get full time schedules this week