Stage Times/Timetable

Guest ElGanzo

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine the time slots will be different than last year for the Sunday, as we won't have Grandaddy playing and nobody else I assume, so the slots will probably work a little differently. I may have gotten away without any HUGE clashes but hard to know until the times are confirmed.

Gravenhurst vs Grandaddy

Robyn Hitchcock vs Grizzly Bear are probably the worst I can see, but will pick the two Woods headliners for sure.

Will probably also have to miss some bands like I Break Horses and Lanterns on the Lake who I'd like to have seen, but not too bad given how much I want to see on Friday.

Those mid afternoon (15:30-17:15) slots are a killer for me. Woods, First Aid Kit, Dirty Beaches and Delicate Steve all around the same time, and yet I've got batches of "Hmmmm, maybe"s either side. Just hasn't worked out for me.

Am definitely gutted about the Hannah Cohen and Acorn clash. I have seen The Acorn plenty of times before, but it's been a while and I want to hear new tunes!

I'm wondering if there's been a bit of a boo-boo. Seems strange to have the Saturday co-headliner second on the second stage - so I'm wondering if Tindersticks shouldn't actually be between Alabama Shakes and Grizzly Bear.

Also curious about Doug Paisley - hadn't thought about the Thursday! Tipi was rammed enough during his set last year when there was other stuff on!!

Does all look lovely though.....Leif Vollebekk to start the whole weekend off....Sunday looks especially strong - though not getting my hopes up too much about this "surprise slot" as would seem logical that that is Alabama Shakes' second set.

Edited by geofelgie

I think it's inevitable that the Woods and Garden stages will overlap the start and end of sets as per last year.

Initial glance looks like there may be a really tough choice between Perfume Genius and The Antlers on Saturday.

Also really hoping they stick to last years format with the last act in the big top on Friday playing late so Veronica Falls don't clash with Beach House.

Alabama Shakes billed higher than both The Antlers and Tindersticks. Really? That is daft.

Must admit there are some quite odd stage selections there; Lanterns on the Lake in the big top doesn't work for me, they were made for the Garden Stage. When did Villagers get big enough to headline the Garden Stage? I saw them about a year ago play to around 100 people in a half-full venue. Nothing dancey on late night in the Big Top either, I Break Horses and Veronica Falls the other way round would work better (VFs were last on one night at No Direction Home as well, was good but nothing special)

Surprise slot could be either Alabama Shakes' second show (hopefully not) or one of the EOTR faves, probably Brakes or Archie Bronson (maybe as the Pyramids like at NDH)

OK I've taken a load of drugs today and feeling a bit less grumpy...

Tindersticks on the Garden Stage Whooohooo

Yeah i know that they are lower down the billing now than Alabama Shakes, and ML but AS are the band of the moment, so while I agree with whoever said that it seems a bit daft that Tindersticks are not even top of the Garden Stage they are quite a "niche"band.

Also not sure how Villagers got to be so high up, unless the thinking is that its a sunday night and the majority of people will want to see Grandaddy?

Anyone else notice how Willis Earl Beal who was in very big letters a few months ago has slipped way down?

Still thrilled that Tindersticks are on the Garden Stage, RRR are you happy with HRFTRR on the Woods sunday morn?

Edited by perfectpassion

I guess I really should listen to this Alabama Shakes lot. I heard a single on 6Music and it did nothing for me. Should tick all the right boxes, but it was dull as anything.

Really hope they don't get that "Surprise Slot" set. Brakes would be better, but even then I'd rather a genuine surprise. Like Bowie. He'd do. Or a reformed a-ha.

I guess I really should listen to this Alabama Shakes lot. I heard a single on 6Music and it did nothing for me. Should tick all the right boxes, but it was dull as anything.

Really hope they don't get that "Surprise Slot" set. Brakes would be better, but even then I'd rather a genuine surprise. Like Bowie. He'd do. Or a reformed a-ha.