Stage Times/Timetable

Guest ElGanzo

Thought I'd kickstart this thread. Was a bit bored and did some research on when they released stage times last year and it was on July 26th! I wonder will we get them as early this year?

I also noticed reading last year's thread that in June they put up the time slots on the site, without the names of the artists, which i had totally forgotten about but then remembered that it kept us entertained for a few weeks slotting in various artists into the different slots, getting outraged about nobody clashing with Joanna Newsom etc ;)

The forum seems a lot quieter this year!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The forum is definitely a lot quieter. There were all kinds of rumours flying around about the Thursday night this time last year (hence why I started the thread) but nothing of the sort this year.

For what it's worth Gravenhurst and Sweet Lights have both listed Sunday on their gig listings on their respective websites. Alt-J have Saturday down (Sunday they are in Italy).

So it looks like some bands do know the day they're playing, perhaps they already agreed this at the time they are booked? Whether they know the time slot they have I guess is another matter.

A lot of the acts have the specific day they're playing up on their websites now.

It seems Jeffrey Lewis, Anna Calvi, Robyn Hitchcock and Islet are all playing on the Saturday.

Patrick Watson, Villagers, Willis Earl Beal, Woods, First Aid Kit, Justin Townes Earle, Yeti Lane and Graham Coxon on the Sunday.

So we pretty much know the days for all the acts in large font, bar The Antlers, Perfume Genius and William Elliott Whitmore. Split as follows:

Friday

Midlake

Beach House

Dirty Three

Van Dyke Parks

The Low Anthem

Roy Harper

John Grant

Jonathan Wilson

Saturday

Grizzly Bear

Tindersticks

Mark Lanegan

Alabama Shakes

Anna Calvi

Robyn Hitchcock

Jeffrey Lewis

Sunday

Grandaddy

Patti Smith

Graham Coxon

Villagers

Alabama Shakes

Willis Earl Beal

Patrick Watson

Woods

First Aid Kit

Justin Townes Earle

Think I've got that right anyway!

Edited by ElGanzo

ElGanzo, thanks for that list. Laid out like that I'd say it's a mighty fine bill of entertainments. For me, plenty of interest on each day, although the acts on Friday do seem awfully familiar and Sunday is perhaps a little lighter.

It has better be warm and sunny for Jonathan Wilson!

Before doing a little trawl of my own - thought I'd update the list to summarise all we do "know"

Friday

Midlake

Beach House

Dirty Three

Van Dyke Parks

The Low Anthem

Roy Harper

John Grant

Jonathan Wilson

The Acorn

Concrete Knives

Lawrence Arabia

Leif Vollebekk

Marques Toliver

My Sad Captains

Peggy Sue

Still Corners

Zun Zun Egui

Alessi's Ark

Cashier No. 9

Hannah Cohen

I Break Horses

Lanterns On The Lake

Mountain Man

Our Broken Garden

Poor Moon

Veronica Falls

Saturday

Grizzly Bear

Tindersticks

Mark Lanegan

Alabama Shakes

Anna Calvi

Robyn Hitchcock

Jeffrey Lewis

The Antlers

Islet

Alt-J

Sunday

Grandaddy

Patti Smith

Graham Coxon

Villagers

Alabama Shakes

Willis Earl Beal

Patrick Watson

Woods

First Aid Kit

Yeti Lane

Justin Townes Earle

Gravenhurst

sweet Lights

So many clashes!

A few interesting points as well - "surprise slot" in the Big Top (I'm going to go with Brakes, anyone got any other thoughts?).

Only five bands playing Woods on Saturday; room for a smaller band to play as a late announcement?

[edit: damn you Shoebox!]

Robyn Hitchcock playing the Tipi; that should be a great intimate set.

Edited by Infinite Jest

Bet the surprise slot is Brakes for their traditional Sunday night Big Top headliner! Friday evening there is so much I want to see, gonna be clash central!

Think they're missing The Antlers from Saturday, hence why there is only five. Presumably just a mistake as they recently announced their tour dates including the Saturday for EoTR.

No major clashes for me between Woods and Garden headliners thankfully, will miss out on Mark Lanegan, Midlake and Villagers but not too bothered by that..

Edited by ElGanzo