T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is as always there will be new users who don't look through the pages looking for advice, and that the forums become clustered with similar topics. Not a dig at anyone as we've all been newbies at one point, but does get a bit repetitive.

Anyway....haven't booked my ticket yet, if there are early-bird tickets left when I next get paid then I will try and use the deposit.

With the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and The Killers being annoucned for Big Day Out in Oz/NZ then I'd guess they are two of the front-runners for a headline spot, with Biffy Clyro headlining the Friday with their 10th T appearance. As noted on previous posts the 'theme' could be 'Scottish', so would expect to see Paolo and Franz Ferdinand in fairly high up spots with The Proclaimers and Travis perhaps performing aswell.

copied over from then old thread.....

I think this ticket deposit scheme is a sign of desperation from the promoters. T's had a lot of bad press recently, I reckon this will be T20 will be a very important year for them in terms of where they go next. I actually thought the layout was much better, the sunset strip idea is good and there was plenty going on on Thursday. For me they need 2 real blue chip headliners. The stone roses where a masive coup but that still wasnt enough to convince a lot of people (regulars included).

Main Stage

Green Day/Biffy Clyro

Lady Gaga/Bloc Party

David Bowie/Rihanna

NME

Plan B/Dizzee Rascal

QOTSA/Jack White

Chemical Brothers/LMFAO

King Tuts

Underworld/Maximo Park

Franz Ferdinand/Sub Focus

Afrojack/The Charlatans

Slam Tent

Richie Hawtin

Justice

Jeff Mills

If they announced something of that calibre with stage splits quicker I reckon that'd sell out no bother.

copied over from then old thread.....

I think this ticket deposit scheme is a sign of desperation from the promoters. T's had a lot of bad press recently, I reckon this will be T20 will be a very important year for them in terms of where they go next. I actually thought the layout was much better, the sunset strip idea is good and there was plenty going on on Thursday. For me they need 2 real blue chip headliners. The stone roses where a masive coup but that still wasnt enough to convince a lot of people (regulars included).

Main Stage

Green Day/Biffy Clyro

Lady Gaga/Bloc Party

David Bowie/Rihanna

NME

Plan B/Dizzee Rascal

QOTSA/Jack White

Chemical Brothers/LMFAO

King Tuts

Underworld/Maximo Park

Franz Ferdinand/Sub Focus

Afrojack/The Charlatans

Slam Tent

Richie Hawtin

Justice

Jeff Mills

If they announced something of that calibre with stage splits quicker I reckon that'd sell out no bother.

I'd take The Stone Roses next year at T without a doubt. I did say about this a while ago though but know one really caught on to it so I predicted without them.

Biffy Clyro

Travis

Franz Ferdinand

The Killers/Muse/Lady GaGa

Mumford & Sons

Paolo Nutini

The Chemical Brothers

The Stone Roses

Plan B

The Prodigy

Edited by thetime

Bowie probably is wishful thinking but I think the lineup NEEDS some sort of once in a lifetime 'legend' playing on the Sunday. T's demograhic makes that a challenge though. I think Prince could pull it off also.

Ellis words about stone roses mk 2 are fair enough, everytime a UK band has reformed from the 90's he's gone straight for them (the verve, pulp, blur) we will just have to wait to see who decides to do the same this year coming.

Bowie probably is wishful thinking but I think the lineup NEEDS some sort of once in a lifetime 'legend' playing on the Sunday. T's demograhic makes that a challenge though. I think Prince could pull it off also.

Ellis words about stone roses mk 2 are fair enough, everytime a UK band has reformed from the 90's he's gone straight for them (the verve, pulp, blur) we will just have to wait to see who decides to do the same this year coming.

Friday:

Main Stage -Biffy Clyro/Franz Ferdinand/Paolo Nutini/The Fratellis/Twin Atlantic

NME/Radio 1 - Dizzee Rascal/Friendy Fires

King Tuts - Justice/Knife Party

Saturday:

Main Stage - The Killers/Mumford & Sons/Ed Sheeran

NME/Radio 1 - Chase & Status/Calvin Harris

King Tuts - No Doubt/Hot Chip

Sunday:

Main Stage - Muse/Bloc Party/Maroon 5/You Me At Six

NME/Radio 1 - Deadmau5/Skrillex

King Tuts - The Vaccines/Noah and the Wale

Friday:

Main Stage -Biffy Clyro/Franz Ferdinand/Paolo Nutini/The Fratellis/Twin Atlantic

NME/Radio 1 - Dizzee Rascal/Friendy Fires

King Tuts - Justice/Knife Party

Saturday:

Main Stage - The Killers/Mumford & Sons/Ed Sheeran

NME/Radio 1 - Chase & Status/Calvin Harris

King Tuts - No Doubt/Hot Chip

Sunday:

Main Stage - Muse/Bloc Party/Maroon 5/You Me At Six

NME/Radio 1 - Deadmau5/Skrillex

King Tuts - The Vaccines/Noah and the Wale

Dont think he is actually meaning The Stone Roses again, just that type of marquee act. "a band loved by music lovers both young and old" sticks out to me, for that kind of thing you are looking at act that would have atleast been about 10-15 years ago, and still have some revelancy, so a "legend" act could be possible with that respects. Unsure of who's kicking about in that field though, theres not many bands that size outside The Smiths that could reform also. I'd like Paul McCartney myself (I know, we've had this argument :P ) but a set full of Beatles classics would appeal to most ages.

I think everyone but Gazza figured that out xD

Oasis, that's gonna happen sooner or later and I do find it funny when they were about they were written off but since then broke up they are back in favour and people openly say they like them, maybe REM but they were on a huge decline and it's a recent break up. You've also got acts like Green Day & Radiohead who fit the bill of old & new but they never broke up tho.

In terms of getting a big reformed band Blur would sort of work.

Played a handful of gigs since reforming. Owe T a full headline set, could be possible although they do change their minds every 5 minutes about playing more gigs or not.

Edited by Chiefski