T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Download, Metallica Headlined the night they played Biffy are nowhere near the same status as what Metallica are. The Sunday was Black Sabbath...Speaks for its self. The Prodigy is a tricky one but even though i'm not a big fan i know that they have a large following which i would assume is bigger than Biffy's.

For Download, Metallica Headlined the night they played Biffy are nowhere near the same status as what Metallica are. The Sunday was Black Sabbath...Speaks for its self. The Prodigy is a tricky one but even though i'm not a big fan i know that they have a large following which i would assume is bigger than Biffy's.

I never meant I wanted the Prodigy to headline - I just meant if it was between the Prodigy and Biffy for Main Stage headliners I would choose the Prodigy - I think they are more deserving of the headline slot - they have played T since the early days and have always been quite high up the lineup. But maybe that's cus I don't like Biffy and have been a Prodigy fan since I was a kid.

I never meant I wanted the Prodigy to headline - I just meant if it was between the Prodigy and Biffy for Main Stage headliners I would choose the Prodigy - I think they are more deserving of the headline slot - they have played T since the early days and have always been quite high up the lineup. But maybe that's cus I don't like Biffy and have been a Prodigy fan since I was a kid.

if the Prodigy return next year (which I doubt) rather than have them sub the main stage, have them headline the NME stage. They are perfect headliners for that stage.

As Frank Black says, Biffy would only be a potential titp headliner as they are scottish, they should sub one of the days, maybe NME headliners, nothing more.

Probably. I would like it.. tbh as much as I say Biffy should headline. I'm a bit sick of seeing them myself!

But when festivals do (rarely) do Co-headliners they usually have 2 very similar bands doing it.

(Strokes/Pulp Leeds 2011, Blur/Snow Patrol Titp 2009)

A NME headline spot or Main Stage sub for Paolo next year seriously wouldn't surprise me. In fact, while I'd be disappointed, I wouldn't be shocked if he's a headliner.

I just keep trying to think back to when Ellis said "there are only 12 headline bands".

The Killers

Muse

Green Day

Coldplay

Foo Fighters

Arctic Monkeys

Snow Patrol

Kasabian

Blur

Kings of Leon

That's 10 there. Realistically, the only ones I can see playing next year are The Killers and Muse. That leaves a 3rd headline spot open. T is usually the one festival where you can guarantee a headliner you wouldn't be able to predict a year in advance (The Stone Roses, Eminem, Rage). That leaves that 3rd spot open for such an act. I'm not too sure on Muse playing tho. I reckon they might do Glasto next year and T/V the year after. If that is the case, it leaves room for Biffy or Paolo to headline.

For the record I was just using Prodigy as an example of an act I see on the same level as Biffy.

Both acts IMO are mid-sized festival headliners (prodigy have more under the belt headlining download, Creamfields, European ones)

I think both acts would be ideal NME Headliners or Biffy could sub main to a bigger act. I don't think they should headline just cus they're Scottish. This is one thing I hate about Scottih festivals (like Paulo headlining RockNess)

But, I think if either headlined the main stage it would be another cop-out by the organizers which I don't know if T would survive after the slow sales this year.

I may be totally wrong but it's just how I feel.