T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looks like the planned boycott of early bird tickets has failed they just sold out according to T facebook which proberly means Geoff will be very happy

As ever, there appears to be 'timing synergy' to the claim of having sold out.

'sold out' *exactly* two weeks after going on sale? It has a recurring theme with previous claims in recent years of early bird tickets having sold out.

I'd put money on them having been taken off sale, rather than any fixed number of early bird tickets having 'sold out'. It's a fairly standard scam by promoters, and one I'm confident that T have done on many occasions in the past and this time as well - tho I've no solid evidence I can present to you to back up my opinion (tho I do have things that have been whispered in my ears about when tickets would 'sell out' prior to those 'sell outs', and what I was told exactly matched what happened).

As ever, there appears to be 'timing synergy' to the claim of having sold out.

'sold out' *exactly* two weeks after going on sale? It has a recurring theme with previous claims in recent years of early bird tickets having sold out.

I'd put money on them having been taken off sale, rather than any fixed number of early bird tickets having 'sold out'. It's a fairly standard scam by promoters, and one I'm confident that T have done on many occasions in the past and this time as well - tho I've no solid evidence I can present to you to back up my opinion (tho I do have things that have been whispered in my ears about when tickets would 'sell out' prior to those 'sell outs', and what I was told exactly matched what happened).

Dont the likes of v and titp do that on general ticket sales aswel? They sell out and then they strangely come back on sale.

I'm not aware of T ever having done it with 'general sale' tickets.

V almost always send out a 'sold out' email when tickets are still on sale with their official ticket outlets - I'm not aware of any occasion where that's not happened. However, it might be the case that the tickets were about to sell out imminently.

There's almost always further tickets put on sale between a major festival having officially 'sold out' and the festival happening, but it's probably the case that a number of tickets (too many tickets, if you like) have been held back for the festival's own use (for 'official' guests, artists guests, etc) and that the tickets put on sale a few weeks before the festival are the left-over tickets from these.

Oh yeah I know, but it was introduced a few years ago when the main batch of early birds failed to sell out as you mentioned above.

If the early birds did actually sell out, then there would be no need for 'extra' batches.

I have always been sceptical of the TITP PR of "sold out" in x mins when the main batch went on sale, sold out in x days of early bird tickets. It sounds good/great for the marketing of the event but in reality its very unlikely they have actually sold out. However people do fall for it.

I remember a few years ago, probably at the height of the T ticket boom, seeing weekend camping going for £500 on Ebay on the day when they had went on sale and supposedly sold out. It was an amazing sum of money to pay for a ticket but people obviously panicked and took the next available option to get tickets once Ticketmaster/TITP put up the "sold out" signs.

T also do normally drip tickets back into general sale nearer the event once they have cancelled all the sales for people who tried to buy more than they were entitled to on the one card.

The other thing I noticed from this years early bird, and I don't know how long this has happened now, was that you could buy 4 tickets per person. AFAIK it always only used to be 2 per person, does anyone know when that changed?

I have always been sceptical of the TITP PR of "sold out" in x mins when the main batch went on sale, sold out in x days of early bird tickets. It sounds good/great for the marketing of the event but in reality its very unlikely they have actually sold out. However people do fall for it.

I remember a few years ago, probably at the height of the T ticket boom, seeing weekend camping going for £500 on Ebay on the day when they had went on sale and supposedly sold out.

I'd say it's extremely likely to have been genuinely* sold out in the years the general sale (after the announcement) claimed to be sold out.

(* as genuinely as it was possible to be at any point. Returns happen, and tickets not previously available to sell do become available to sell - so there might be a smallish later batch of tickets put on sale).

It's some years the pre-sale sales (immediately after one year's festival) that I'm of the belief have been claimed to have sold out when they haven't.

Unsure where to put this question and as were talking about tickets might aswel.

How come there's a limit to tickets you can buy? Even when ticets won't sell out, Leeds and reading theres a limit to 4. I can understand if the tickets are going to sell out quick but bot for gigs/festivals not selling out.

Unsure where to put this question and as were talking about tickets might aswel.

How come there's a limit to tickets you can buy? Even when ticets won't sell out, Leeds and reading theres a limit to 4. I can understand if the tickets are going to sell out quick but bot for gigs/festivals not selling out.

Edited by frankblack

T had a limit of 2 per person/card when it was guaranteed to sell out immediately in the general sale in February. I think it was mainly due to touts.

I had to get two on one card for myself and a mate, and use another card for my brother. Two is really not enough considering most people go in groups of 3+.

As for the Christmas early bird sale, I fully expect one announced late November to go on sale at the start of December. This usually coincides with headliners getting leaked, but last year only the Stone Roses got leaked.

If we're going right back ... David Bowie announced that he was headlining in 2004 in November 2003 at the SECC..

Started by saying "This will be my final show in Scotland" if he hadn't added "Until T in the Park next year" it could have been true....

Fingers crossed it wasn't his final show in Scotland, but every year I loose more & more hope.

I know I'm a little late to the party on this (I went away on holiday the day after T and this is me just home) but it's a real shame to see the forum go. This thread looks like it's a decent replacement though.

In terms of headliners for next year though, I was talking to some folk last night and all of us conceded that Biffy must be making an appearance. It will be their 10th(?) T appearance and for the 20th anniversary, surely a band who have played T that many times should take centre stage and headline?

I know I'm a little late to the party on this (I went away on holiday the day after T and this is me just home) but it's a real shame to see the forum go. This thread looks like it's a decent replacement though.

In terms of headliners for next year though, I was talking to some folk last night and all of us conceded that Biffy must be making an appearance. It will be their 10th(?) T appearance and for the 20th anniversary, surely a band who have played T that many times should take centre stage and headline?

Biffy are of a headline status now though. They are headlining it on their own merit. It would be nice though for a band who have played T throughout their career to headline the 20th year as opposed to a big reunion band who have never played it before.

Edited by jump