Benicassim 2013!

Guest STEatT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My money is on Killers and Kings of Leon.

The next two i'm not so sure about.

The only other big bands that are defiantly touring european festivals next summer (i.e actually announced dates) are Blur and Rammstein. As I said Blur are a no no, and let's be honest Rammstein would go down terribly.

Maybe Editors to be the smaller headliner? Then someone cool like Daft Punk.

Two Door Cinema Club announced for Optimus Alive.

Would not be at all suprised if they weren't the Thursday night headliners.

Also HIGHLY doubt Muse would play. Considering the amount of stage gear tech, lighting, stupid ott shit, Beni's size probably couldn't accomodate.

Radiohead more likely but again, can't see it happening.

Kings of Leon & Killers would be the obvious headliners.

Personally would love to see something a little different with last headliner, Daft Punk would be incredible. Again it is a long shot, but with new music on the horizon could be a possibility.

Really glad that it's going ahead again!

Two Door Cinema Club announced for Optimus Alive.

Would not be at all suprised if they weren't the Thursday night headliners.

Also HIGHLY doubt Muse would play. Considering the amount of stage gear tech, lighting, stupid ott shit, Beni's size probably couldn't accomodate.

Radiohead more likely but again, can't see it happening.

Kings of Leon & Killers would be the obvious headliners.

Personally would love to see something a little different with last headliner, Daft Punk would be incredible. Again it is a long shot, but with new music on the horizon could be a possibility.

Really glad that it's going ahead again!

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Benicassim 2012, was such an amazing festival. So much better than British ones in the rain etc. I camped this year, and so if it's your first year over there I would say definitely camp just for the experience... but only if you're willing to go a little mad with dealing with the heat etc

Going to 2013, and will probably get a hotel this time as my friends didn't enjoy the camping too much. If you get a hotel though, get one pretty much next to the site (of which there are a few) then you're between the beach and the festival site at least, and you don't feel like you're missing out too much!

I went to Benicassim in 2006 and 2010, group of us going to head back this year for what will probably be or last bash at it. First year we camped in the campsite near Lidl, the monday - wednesday nights were grand, you'd get a bit of sleep before the sun comes up, but the thurs - Sunday with the festival itself running all nite its very difficult to get any sleep. The last time I went I just through myself down on the floor of some mates apartment on the friday and saturday morning. Also what we done was set up a few tents in the campsite close to Lidl which is hopping for the first 3 nites, and also set up a couple of tents in the other campsite near the festival once it opened, and I reckon the combination of all 3 is definately the way to go. It makes it so much easier if you hav some sort of roof over your head for the 4 days of the festival itself, but still do all ur drinking up in the campsites, so ur not missing any of the craic.

For anyone that hasnt been before, I couldn't recommend it highly enough, perfect mix between beach, festival, good mix between bands and a bit of dance, plenty of md, and plenty of women wink.png

On the apartment front, does anyone have any links for say the wednesday - sunday, as Ive never actually gone about organsining the accomodation myself, any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Degaquethe