Benicassim 2013!

Guest STEatT

Is that who runs Benicassim? What does that mean for the future of the fest if so?

Yeah, Music Festivals Plc run Benecassim.

According to a statement that was put out MF plc after this year's fest, Bene is profitable, so even if MF plc was unable to continue (which might not be the case) then I'd guess that the festival would be sold and continue to run under the new owners. As it's profitable there's no real reason why it should end.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just phoned eventim , the ticket sellers for this years beni and they have been told to go ahead and sell tickets , but they have a policy that if the festival is officially cancelled you will receive notification and be able to claim the money back and the process takes 5 to 7 days , think i'm diving in for mine , have faith people x

Castellón, on September 27 (EFE).-The president of the Delegation of Castellón, Javier Moliner, and the mayoress of Benicàssim, Susana Marqués, has guaranteed the continuity of the FIB since “it keeps on being profitable” for this locality and for Maraworld, the company that organizes it from 1995.

This way Moliner has explained it in press conference, in which he(she) has reported that this morning, Marquess and he(it) have met the persons in charge of Maraworld after the worry generated by the financial situation of Music Festival PLC, proprietress of Maraworld, who has initiated in Great Britain a process similar to the creditors' contest.

The president of the Delegation has affirmed that after the meeting(convocation), the persons in charge of the Maraworld have transmitted him that “not only the survival of the FIB is guaranteed, but also that of the organizing company”.

The FIB, has said Moliner, “it keeps on being profitable both for Benicàssim and for Maraworld”.

As for the Coast of Fire, which also is celebrated(held) in Benicàssim and where good-looking Maraworld for the music "heavy", Moliner has said that the direction(leadership) of the company has, in the same way, continuity will for this appointment.

Both the Delegation and the Town hall of Benicàssim and Maraworld, has said the president, “they are working for the next edition of the FIB, which will be celebrated(held) from July 18 until July 21”.

Moliner has proved to be convinced that the next edition of the FIB will be provided(rely on) “with the same organization, the same luxury of cartel and the same public's success”.

For his part, Marquess has said that after the meeting(convocation) of this morning, the Town hall keeps on offering “the maximum support and the same bet for the FIB”, as well as that Benicàssim “is going to be one more year the international city of the music”.

The meeting(convocation) has been celebrated(held) by request of the Delegation, has told Moliner, after knowing that Music Festivals PLC, proprietress of Maraworld from ends of 2

Castellón, on September 27 (EFE).-The president of the Delegation of Castellón, Javier Moliner, and the mayoress of Benicàssim, Susana Marqués, has guaranteed the continuity of the FIB since “it keeps on being profitable” for this locality and for Maraworld, the company that organizes it from 1995.

This way Moliner has explained it in press conference, in which he(she) has reported that this morning, Marquess and he(it) have met the persons in charge of Maraworld after the worry generated by the financial situation of Music Festival PLC, proprietress of Maraworld, who has initiated in Great Britain a process similar to the creditors' contest.

The president of the Delegation has affirmed that after the meeting(convocation), the persons in charge of the Maraworld have transmitted him that “not only the survival of the FIB is guaranteed, but also that of the organizing company”.

The FIB, has said Moliner, “it keeps on being profitable both for Benicàssim and for Maraworld”.

As for the Coast of Fire, which also is celebrated(held) in Benicàssim and where good-looking Maraworld for the music "heavy", Moliner has said that the direction(leadership) of the company has, in the same way, continuity will for this appointment.

Both the Delegation and the Town hall of Benicàssim and Maraworld, has said the president, “they are working for the next edition of the FIB, which will be celebrated(held) from July 18 until July 21”.

Moliner has proved to be convinced that the next edition of the FIB will be provided(rely on) “with the same organization, the same luxury of cartel and the same public's success”.

For his part, Marquess has said that after the meeting(convocation) of this morning, the Town hall keeps on offering “the maximum support and the same bet for the FIB”, as well as that Benicàssim “is going to be one more year the international city of the music”.

The meeting(convocation) has been celebrated(held) by request of the Delegation, has told Moliner, after knowing that Music Festivals PLC, proprietress of Maraworld from ends of 2

that guarantee is completely worthless.

Politicians cannot guarantee how a company administration will pan out, unless they're in a position to amend EU law if it pans out in a manner they don't like.

It's very likely that FiB will continue, but absolutely no one is able to guarantee it unless they bail out Music Festivals plc.

that guarantee is completely worthless.

Politicians cannot guarantee how a company administration will pan out, unless they're in a position to amend EU law if it pans out in a manner they don't like.

It's very likely that FiB will continue, but absolutely no one is able to guarantee it unless they bail out Music Festivals plc.

Are the other festival promoters likely to be struggling? Or do you reckon this is a one of?

Are you meaning in Europe? For them I'm not sure.

But in the UK, nearly all promoters had a bad year - even some of those which are regarded as being the more successful year-on-year made cut backs of various kinds (which may or may not have been noticed by the attendees).

Edited by eFestivals

Of course the authorities of Benicassim/Castellon are going to do all they can to keep this and the metal festival going - it's a valuable source of income for them as well, in terms of increased numbers of tourists! ;)

Edited by PastCaring

Of course the authorities of Benicassim/Castellon are going to do all they can to keep this and the metal festival going - it's a valuable source of income for them as well, in terms of increased numbers of tourists! ;)

I don't doubt it.

But 'all they can' does not include controlling the company assets of a company that they do not own, nor can they decide what can happen with those assets. The destiny of the Spanish operating company of FiB is in the hands of its owners (Music Festivals plc, in administration) and not itself.

As I've said, it seems very probable that FiB will continue but that can't be guaranteed at the moment.

With the economic situation in Spain I really can't imagine a local authority will have enough money to bail out a major music festival.

they wouldn't need to bail it out, they'd need to buy it to guarantee its future - tho if they intended to do that they still couldn't offer any meaninful guarantee until they'd bought it.

I don't actually think the cost of buying it would be huge - I'd guess at £5M being the absolute limit, but probably something more around the £2M mark.

But as you've suggested, whether they'd have the funds to buy it in the current climate is another thing, and whether it would be politically acceptable for them to buy it is another possible obstacle. I can't imagine that it would be politically acceptable for a council in the UK to out-right buy an existing festival* no matter how beneficial it might be to the local economy.

(* acquiring a failing festival would be a different consideration).

I booked my hotel today as I wanted to suprise my son for his 21st. I am resigned that even though the whole reason for going is the festival (my first plan was Glastonbury but we didn't get tickets), it's not Skegness, it's a lovely place anyway, so I'm sitting it out and keeping my fingers cxrossed.girl_prepare_fish.gif

I booked my hotel today as I wanted to suprise my son for his 21st. I am resigned that even though the whole reason for going is the festival (my first plan was Glastonbury but we didn't get tickets), it's not Skegness, it's a lovely place anyway, so I'm sitting it out and keeping my fingers cxrossed.girl_prepare_fish.gif