Benicassim 2013!

Guest STEatT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone

I went Beni this year for the first time and had an amazing week so will be doing it all again next year

Was a bit reluctant at first as my friend dropped out last minute so decided to go it alone but got talking to loads of nice peeps beforehand on the facebook beni page so met friends there.

I flew from manc to reus (arond £40) then returned valencia to manc (around £120) flights home on the 16th were expensive but if you flew home a couple of days later prices went down again, I used eufest coaches on both journeys and that was quick and easy although when you get dropped off just basically follow the crowd an you cant go wrong, bag with wheels is an advantage as its quite a walk

As for camping i booked an easytent through fibshop and it was a godsend, tents erected for you and all reasonably spaced out i will be doing that again its well worth the money, people i met up with were squashed together like sardines but saying that the atmosphere was great and very freindly

I'm 40 and although it did seem to be quite a young crowd there were a few of us oldies around and as i say the whole atmosphere in camp and the festival and in the town was very friendly and relaxed

Sorry for the essay!!! Bring on 2013, honestly if you're thinking of going do it you really won't regret it!!!

If you are considering going to Beni' next year, don't waste any energy mulling it over just get it booked! I'll be booking in the next couple of months for 2013, literally had the best time of my life, met some brilliant people who've we've already seen again since we've been home!

We flew from Liverpool to Alicante, had one night there before the train to Benicassim on the Monday, arrived around 11.30am, no queues for wristband exchange just a 2 minute wait to be shown to a space to pitch our tents. It's a bit of a hike from the train station with a full to the brim ruck sack but easy when you're buzzing with excitement.

We spent the first 3/4 days nights at the beach and some of the bars in town, Donegal Irish bar was rocking on both Monday and Tuesday nights and we had a great time at the Propaganda night at Harlem just over the road from the festival site late Tuesday night/early Weds morning. Wednesday day time was spent nursing a hangover in the shade at the water park which for 21€ was a great day out and only a short walk from the site.

Once Thursday arrived and the music was about to start I have to say I was wrecked and didn't think it could get any better but the next 4 nights were just unreal and the adrenaline see's you through no problem!

It was my first time at Benni', everything went without a hitch and the festival is extremely well organised. I wouldn't hesitate to camp again, this was something I was worried about before hand but with the shelters put up by the organisers it's really not that bad. I wasn't getting back to my rock till the sun was up most mornings and still managed 3 or 4 hours of sleep. I'd feel I was missing out on too much if I stayed in a hotel/apartment. Only 4 of us went but after a few days there, we'd made loads of new mates. The atmosphere was really friendly and you can literally strike up a conversation with anyone.

For festival ticket, return flights from Liverpool to Alicante, return trains to from Alicante to Benni and 3 nights in Benidorm afterwards to 'relax' we paid around £350 all in which is an absolute bargain!

Get it done, you won't regret it!

We booked with Easyjet but not till January it was a late starter for us. I think you get them on the RENFE website, my mate sorted all that about €60 return I think, it's packed with people going to Beni, plenty of room for all your stuff and you can get your head down for a bit cos it's the last sleep you'll be getting for a while!

60euros for a train? would it not be easier to fly to Barcelona, cost us 28, but when we got there we realised you could pay 9... wasn't pissed at all :P it was a really big train so plenty of space, and really quick & aircon so felt like heavy, and i thought sleeping at Benicassim was pretty good, i always managed to find 6 hours or so a night/daytime :P

I flew from man to reus then reurned valencia to man, used the eufest coaches to get to Beni and was really easy, met loads who used the trains and they were all happy with them said prices were reasonable too, as for hotels camp its much more fun and you do manage to get some sleep but find that you're buzzing that much you don't really need much anyway!!!

Morning all, Benicassim hopeful here!

Basically I am looking to fly to Reus then get down to Benicassim via train, is this possible? Could somebody point me in the direction of train timetables.

Also would you say it is best, to take just your clothes and essentials then buy a cheap tent and other things there?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all, Benicassim hopeful here!

Basically I am looking to fly to Reus then get down to Benicassim via train, is this possible? Could somebody point me in the direction of train timetables.

Also would you say it is best, to take just your clothes and essentials then buy a cheap tent and other things there?

Thanks in advance

Did anyone else meet the Karl Pilkington lookalike this year? Loved him

The camping was amazing, SO not as bad as everyone on here made it out to be. Just get yourself close to the showers and pick a spot away from bellends, sorted!

We were really close to 7D which was ideal haha.

And the beach is fucking ages away, fuck that wiggly fenced off road!