Benicassim 2013!

Guest STEatT

To Steatt ;p so formal aha!

But yeah I think most of what you said is right (only my first year this year so) but

EUfest coaches are good, fast, reliable, and pretty cheap but no leg room, if you fly to Barcelona there's a train every 2 hours (up until 11) which is £21 very fast, and very spacious I prefered the train to the coach, hence why next year even though you have to get a taxi (only cost 10€) from the train station, it's better if your a pretty tall person and want some sleep :P

About the sleeping I took this silver foil stuff, mates took the piss but I actually think it worked a little, never woke up to warm, and could always nap half way through the day in it.

The headliners aren't usually on at 2AM :P I can pretty much say the dance acts are on between 3-4AM though

Like chase and status, example, crystal castles all 3-4 then David guetta 2.30-4

Bob Dylan was on at around 9.45, think all the rest was around 12ish though.

Either way unless you was camped next to dickheads, I can pretty much say everyone enjoyed it, it was a small walk, 15 minutes to the supermarket which also had a few bars/shops around, then about a 30-40 to the beach, which stupidly we did every day, found a quicker route In the end which took 20 :P but there a bus right next to the beach which takes you back to the festival or vice versa for 1.20€ or 12.50€ for

The whole week, as many times as you want, sorry about the huge essay just trying to help out while my mind is fresh with knowledge :P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They say 4 hours but only took us 3 to Barcelona, same time as train but train stopped a few times, the only bad thing about the coach is that there's little leg room, but luckily ours wasn't sold out, so we had room to spread out, it wasn't to bad of a drive though with the AC on :)

We did to Valencia on the way in, and from Barcelona on the way out. The 3 hour coach was not too bad really. We had such an amazing time this year we are really considering going again next year. Apartments are definitely the way to go though, everyone suffering on the beach from the campsites looked dreadful!

We did to Valencia on the way in, and from Barcelona on the way out. The 3 hour coach was not too bad really. We had such an amazing time this year we are really considering going again next year. Apartments are definitely the way to go though, everyone suffering on the beach from the campsites looked dreadful!

they're cheaper if you are under 26, works out at £40 each way. train to barca is £25.

they are still quite expensive, but the cost of transport outweighed the extra cost of flights from Barcelona, so it still worked out cheaper.

if you are organised and book straight away Barcelona will be the cheapest option, didn't make that clear.

Edited by rug568

camping isn't bad, I'd deffo do camping again next time I go, just take a spacious tent so your not cramped and sweaty like a sardine. I'd also take a hammock because there's so many trees to hang it from. Where we camped was pretty quiet but we had mates up in the rowdy area where we went every night so had the best of both worlds

its actually quite a walk. it wouldn't be but because the organisers fenced off the roads and made us walk alll the way around the road instead of straight across, it added like a good 20 mins to the journey. all in all id say about 40-50 min walk from the campsite right to the beach. around 20+ mins to the high street and another 20+ mins from there, i 1000000% recommend getting a bus pass though, especially if you're there early on because you're constantly going into the town/beach and at 12.50 its so worth it.

Hey people!

I feel like a pure oldie and i aint even 30 yet! I went to Beni like 6 years ago now, 2006, since then i've not have the chance to go and i am looking to book up for next year. Can i just say thanks to folk that have been posting advice about campsites and travel; when i was there you were able to walk down the dirt/scrubland hill bit from the campsite to the Lidl, it must have looked like a mass exodus every day for food! We felt like fools after realising that folk slept in the camp tilt he sun came up then went to the grassy/tree bits down by the beach for a sleep because that was where you could actually get shade! Plus from the noise, mates were there in 2007 and said there were a far younger crowd than before, plus from the other folks expereinces of this one i think hotel is the best way to go.

Im wondering is the best way to get there from Glasgow? One of yous said Barcelona - and tbh, being tall i think if i can get a good deal on flights drect, will do Barca then train to Beni as from the sounds of it, will be far comfier!

Last time - which was a while ago now im realising - me and a mate flew to and from Alcudia i think? One of the central airports, and it was a bad idea as we didnt realise til getting there how early the flights back were, and that the trains to where we wanted to go were crap so we had to go to Valencia for the first train. Cue leaving the festival on the last night at like 2am to pack up and get a taxi at 4am, it was so knackering! Had to get an expensive taxi ride then a train then the plane - was so not worth it! Will be sure to check the flight times for this time round!

Are there still dodgy traveller folk with barbecues and crappy merch on the way to the entrance? I will admit, not campng will mean missing out on the best thing to wake up to - the orange juice stall! A huge cup of fresh squeezed orange juce and loads of ice was an utter saviour after waking up in that heat! And do the cleaners still have a pure grump on? Im not surprised with what they had to put up with, it is quite embarrassing when you saw the state of the outhouse/toilet/shower huts, they were just full of rubbish and cans and carry out boxes at the end of the night. I wish i'd thought to find one of them and give them a tip, im assuming they are the most underpaid cleaners ever for that week!

Im tempted to do Beni again but the camping is just putting me off. Went in 2009 and the camping was hell, PURE HELL. Can anyone say if the site near the arena is better than the one further away near the supermarket?

Because i really dont think i could do it again if its just as bad! camping on solid rock in blazing sunshine? not the best way to deal with a hangover!

Id think about a hotel but you have to book a year early and still pay absolutely rediculous prices if i remember right?

Rock Werchter beats it for camping and atmosphere, but Beni has a beach! its a tough one!

1. DangerJones11 - I think it's the luck of the draw with finding a decent area to camp in. I dont care, regardless im looking to book up over the next couple of months, and the tickets for 2013 are on sale already. With the prices not really that great for holidays now, im figuring i'm going for it and am arriving a a couple of days early, chilling in the hotel, getting to grips with the change in timing, i.e. sleeping til late morning, to get into the mindset for the 5/6pm opening of the arena, and then will be rested enough to party!

My god you lot are keen. But I don't blame you - Beni this year was the best festival I've done in ages, and great to meet some of you lot in the flesh.

We'll be back next year with transfers and accommodation for the festival, but won't be putting stuff up online till towards the end of 2012 year, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

In the meantime, if you've got any questions then just drop us a line on beni@eufest.com.

Cheers and see you all in 2013

Derm B)

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all, hope we are well!

Been considering Benicassim for a few years now, started to consider more now as my Grandma and Grandad live in Reus, so thinking of doing 3 days holiday there then train down to Benicassim.

Ive got loads of questions, is anyone able to give me there email or let me PM'em them some? I dont want to irritate everyone on here with them.

Thanks in advance

Afternoon all, hope we are well!

Been considering Benicassim for a few years now, started to consider more now as my Grandma and Grandad live in Reus, so thinking of doing 3 days holiday there then train down to Benicassim.

Ive got loads of questions, is anyone able to give me there email or let me PM'em them some? I dont want to irritate everyone on here with them.

Thanks in advance