2013 headliners

Guest gazza_20

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RHCP's poor sales? From what the reviews said post-gigs they had around 25,000-30,000 at Sunderland and about 55-60,000 at Knebworth, both not too far from capacity and not something to be shrugged at considering they did a massive arena tour to even bigger numbers just 6 months before...They're also the sort of band with enough casual fans to be a fair draw as a headliner I imagine too.

From what's going around the web they're heavily rumoured to be playing Big Day Out next year in Australia, so the touring seems to be continuing, not sure if they'll hit Europe again though, they've basically avoided EU festivals this summer and are doing their own dates instead so I imagine they'd have done that purposefully to possibly come back next summer to hit festivals to round off touring IWY?

RHCP's poor sales? From what the reviews said post-gigs they had around 25,000-30,000 at Sunderland and about 55-60,000 at Knebworth, both not too far from capacity and not something to be shrugged at considering they did a massive arena tour to even bigger numbers just 6 months before...They're also the sort of band with enough casual fans to be a fair draw as a headliner I imagine too.

From what's going around the web they're heavily rumoured to be playing Big Day Out next year in Australia, so the touring seems to be continuing, not sure if they'll hit Europe again though, they've basically avoided EU festivals this summer and are doing their own dates instead so I imagine they'd have done that purposefully to possibly come back next summer to hit festivals to round off touring IWY?

Where was this reported? Anything I read - including stuff from people I know who were there - said the turnout for Knebworth was fine. The capacity was not 125,000 (I know Knebworth has had that many in the past but that doesn't mean every gig at Knebworth would aim for that amount especially considering the issues some gigs have had in the past with getting people out), originally they intended about 80,000 max as an estimate but I think it was even scaled back a little from that. Regardless 60,000 tickets sold at £55 a pop or however much they were is hardly a struggle. Similar with Sunderland, it wasn't that far from the max capacity, combined that's a lot of ticket sales anyways when you take into account the amount of shows they did in December and what not. The only place I read about it "struggling" was people speculating that it was on here because it hadn't sold out

Edited by kipper64

Where was this reported? Anything I read - including stuff from people I know who were there - said the turnout for Knebworth was fine. The capacity was not 125,000 (I know Knebworth has had that many in the past but that doesn't mean every gig at Knebworth would aim for that amount especially considering the issues some gigs have had in the past with getting people out), originally they intended about 80,000 max as an estimate but I think it was even scaled back a little from that. Regardless 60,000 tickets sold at £55 a pop or however much they were is hardly a struggle. Similar with Sunderland, it wasn't that far from the max capacity, combined that's a lot of ticket sales anyways when you take into account the amount of shows they did in December and what not. The only place I read about it "struggling" was people speculating that it was on here because it hadn't sold out

I wouldn't count AM out of R&L personally, but there's every chance they won't play, ofc :) IOW is just about the only big festival they haven't headlines here, obviously not counting Download. And like you said, they will be bringing a 5th album out (which I can't wait for BTW :P)

How did they? Going by Kipper's thoughts on ticket sales, it was know where near or are you telling me 30k is near to 50k and Knebworth was not sold out. If they sold 60k, it's still at least 20k off sell out.

The amount of people who were hoping and praying the festival they were going to didn't book them up.

I wouldn't count AM out of R&L personally, but there's every chance they won't play, ofc :) IOW is just about the only big festival they haven't headlines here, obviously not counting Download. And like you said, they will be bringing a 5th album out (which I can't wait for BTW :P)

I personally think The Killers will be at T and R&L next year.

Arcade Fire have confirmed they're releasing a new album next year. I think they'll do IOW. I don't think they'll be at Glasto or T as there just seems to be other, more likely candidates for those two.

IOW- The Killers, The Stone Roses, Arctic Monkeys

Download- Slipknot, Rammstein, Green Day

Glastonbury- Arcade Fire, The Stone Roses, The Rolling Stones

TITP- Biffy Clyro, Radiohead, Jay-Z & Kanye West

Bestival- Bloc Party, Suede, The Beach Boys

Soni (if it returns)- Linkin Park, Avenged Sevenfold, Iron Maiden

At DL I think Greenday could be swapped with Blink-182. Then for R&L I think Biffy Clyro, maybe AM or The Killers, I really have no idea tbh who to call. Oh and for V I think Muse and maybe GaGa. But I would love to see a surprise like P!nk headlining V, new album out in September. Personally, I think she's fantastic and her live shows are supposed to be brilliant.

Edited by Andre91

Bloody AF, I forgot about them when I was trying to think. So many names.

You're right though, other names say more for the crowd that'll be available. Only think is I thought Biffy Clyro would be heading T and share with R&L and I can't imagine them heading T and not R&L so maybe T will get them to play sub?

The Prodigy, Arcade Fire, The Roses for IOW

Muse for V? Who else who knows, we all know Rihanna will shift although Wireless wasn't an instant sell out so will it be enough?

Biffy Clyro, The Killers, Pearl Jam (going to go or them as I can't think who else might.

Linkin Park, The Killers, Muse for T. I can't think who for a 3rd if Biffy don't headline one night.

Glastonbury - Radiohead, The Stone Roses, The Rolling Stones.

T in the Park - Biffy Clyro, The Killers, Muse.

V Festival - Lady Gaga, Muse.

Reading & Leeds - Biffy Clyro, The Killers, Blur.

Download - Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Iron Maiden/Rammstein.

Isle Of Wight - The Prodigy, Arcade Fire, The Stone Roses.

Bestival - Bloc Party, Editors, Depeche Mode.

Lattitude - Franz Ferdinand, Mumford & Sons, Morrissey.

Regarding Biffy and The Killers, I agree with you. I see both of those as the prime candidates for T and R&L, but I'm not sure they'd share two headliners. So I could maybe see Kings Of Leon instead of The Killers at T if R&L manage to get The Killers over T.

I've now converted you to my original IOW prediction. Job done. ;)

For V I reckon Muse and Lady GaGa. :)

Is that prediction involving Pearl Jam for R&L? If so, yes please.

Would Love -

My Chemical Romance, Arcade Fire, Green Day

Realistic -

Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, Fleetwood Mac...

Download - Green Day, Rammstein, Van Halen

R&L - Biffy Clyro, WTT, Blur

Glastonbury - Radiohead, Stone Roses, Lady Gaga

Soni (if returned) - Foo Fighters, Muse, Iron Maiden

TITP - The Prodigy, Biffy Clyro, Linkin Park