2013 lineup

Guest guitarbhoy1888

BANNED!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely Noel Gallagher will be there next year, he will more than likely still be touring his album to death right up to the end of the summer next year? Although i thought he was really good at T just wouldn't hurt for him to crack a smile once in a while. The Darkness could be a good shout to play somewhere on the line-up too i'd say, they seem to be trying all the festivals they can to try reclaim some of the fame.

Surely Noel Gallagher will be there next year, he will more than likely still be touring his album to death right up to the end of the summer next year? Although i thought he was really good at T just wouldn't hurt for him to crack a smile once in a while. The Darkness could be a good shout to play somewhere on the line-up too i'd say, they seem to be trying all the festivals they can to try reclaim some of the fame.

Caught a documentary on sky arts the other night about Moby. Would love to see him up at Rockness. Seen him in Prague in 2003 and its in ma top five gigs of all time. Dunno if he's still gigging with the band though.

Think Primal Scream would be good but would prefer if they were in the tent. Everytime I've seen them outdoors they seem to have struggled a wee bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I'm lucky enough to live in Scotland so can (and do) vote for the SNP.

In England there is not only is no honourable mainstream party to vote for, none.

Nor in Scotland either. If you think that the SNP is any more honourable or has better integrity than any Westminster party you're incredibly foolish.

(Just so it's clear - and to avoid the sort of phonecalls I've had, despite their huge comedy value :lol: - nothing of what I've said there is related to their wish for Scottish independence, or even their policies. It's totally to do with their no-less corrupt methods than the political parties in Westminster).

Voting even for a lesser evil still validates evil.

If when you can tell me which party you've always voted for where you agree with every point of every policy, you have a great point.

Until then you're talking utter tosh, because at best it's only to vote for the least objectionable party - which in your words is a lesser evil validating evil.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd always heard how good The Prodigy were live and looked forward to seeing them at Rockness 2009.Now I'm no prude but i just got feddup of people screaming f*** at me and after 15 min I went and had a toastie that was from best toastie in the world stand.

Arcade Fire are wonderful. Saw them headlining Leeds 2010, SECC Dec 2010, Edinburgh Castle 2011. They were fantastic. Understatement.

I'd always heard how good The Prodigy were live and looked forward to seeing them at Rockness 2009.Now I'm no prude but i just got feddup of people screaming f*** at me and after 15 min I went and had a toastie that was from best toastie in the world stand.

Arcade Fire are wonderful. Saw them headlining Leeds 2010, SECC Dec 2010, Edinburgh Castle 2011. They were fantastic. Understatement.

Jim King should get on the rag and bone to Blur IMHO, to show us Rockness means business. Blur played for a pittance at Hyde Park in the summer (and will make their money from DVD/live album sales of the show).

If they were to go for huge acts like Blur, it would either mean the ticket price would need to go up or the undercard would suffer as a result.

Serious question - Would you rather have 3 smaller status headline acts and a strong undercard or 3 bigger names at the expense of the rest of the bill?

And would you rather the ticket price remained the same, or was increased to bring in bigger names but risk the festival not breaking even?

Edited by Paul ™

If they were to go for huge acts like Blur, it would either mean the ticket price would need to go up or the undercard would suffer as a result.

Serious question - Would you rather have 3 smaller status headline acts and a strong undercard or 3 bigger names at the expense of the rest of the bill?

And would you rather the ticket price remained the same, or was increased to bring in bigger names but risk the festival not breaking even?

Can see Fatboy Slim playing again. For the Rock / Indie act that they usually have id like to see Primal Scream / Feeder / Travis on the mainstage. Travis are a good Scottish band good for a sing along. Feeder are great live and everyone likes them *Kind of* and Primal Scream are...Primal Scream.

As for dance acts, Who knows. Safe to say we wont be gettin SHM because they are doing their last tour toghther so maybe try get one of the guys maybe Axwell or Ingrosso ? Would be billed as "part of SHM"? I dont want them there but it could happen and would bring punters there imo. Looking at trends i imagine tech/deep house to be big in the next months so acts like Maya Jane Coles would be a good shout.

Would like to see sigor ros close the festival on the mainstage.

What about Moby, he would be a huge draw for the saturday night mainstage. Basement jaxx?

DJ Shadow in a tent would be unreal, Also would love Aphex Twin to come back.