iPhone, Android, & Windows 7 phone app

Guest eFestivals

There's now a funky little app to give you the latest eFestivals News for your phones ... or, at least I think there is. It worked for me when I installed it, but the only other person who's tried it so far is having problems ... anyway....

It should work for both iPhones and Android phones.

It's free of charge. :)

You can download it by going to the following URL in your browser:-

http://mippin.com/app/517818

It's a bit basic at the moment, but hopefully it'll get improved a bit over the coming weeks.

It you download it, please let me know how you get on and what you think.

Edited by eFestivals

Android note: It doesn't seem to like Chrome to download..but works fine in the default browser!

that's useful to know. I used the default browser, so didn't have any problems.

Looks decent, the one news story at the moment with an image just looks a blurred mess on the front page :P

there's an image? :blink:

I spent hours yesterday trying to get images to appear in the feed, but haven't seen any myself as yet (I think I know why). It's good that they're appearing even if blurred - I can sort out the blurring without much problem. :)

It'll have to wait till next week for me to look at improving it tho - but I will. :)

----

Just looked again,. and I have an image too :) ... tho just for the first story. i think I'll have to change the app format to get them on every story, which I guess will require people to update the app.

Sorting out the blurring shouldn't be too hard, I just need to be including a better quality image, because the app has up-sized the one that I've included (including better quality images won't require the app to be updated).

Early next week I'll sort that.

I've improved the image quality for the app. :)

No update of the app is needed for users to see the better quality images, which is good.

For some reason I can't see how to get images alongside all of the stories, but it might be the case that the images will appear alongside all new stories from now on. Fingers crossed that's what will happen.

no update of the app by users will be needed. :)

After a few re-boots of my phone I'm now getting the photos alongside the stories (currently, not all of them, but most; a caching problem I think), so it's doing what I wanted it to be doing - which is great. :D

You can download the app for free from here:-

http://mippin.com/app/517818

(on Android phones, use the default browser and not Chrome or another).

Edited by eFestivals

Any chance of an app for Android for the forums like there is for the iphone/ipad? The new app is good for news updates, but would really love a forum app so I dont have to keep logging on using my work PC (the internet usage police will be kicking my arse soon).

Any chance of an app for Android for the forums like there is for the iphone/ipad? The new app is good for news updates, but would really love a forum app so I dont have to keep logging on using my work PC (the internet usage police will be kicking my arse soon).

unfortunately I don't think they'll be one any time soon.

But if you log onto the forums with a mobile device, it should default to the mobile skin but if not you can select the mobile skin at the bottom of any forums page.

Using the mobile skin is almost identical to how the iPhone app works with the forums so there's not really any reason to specifically do an Android app (unless I stumble across a cheap and easy way to do it).