T In The Park - Weather

Guest bunter

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ended up popping up today, jesus, that was a mission, had fun, but it really was the worst conditions ive seen in 10 years of being there, cant really fault the organisers as its pretty much across the entire arena, Slam had flooded out and closed half the day, areas are atleast ankle deep and I heard parts of the campsite have been flooded out, bit of a gutter but it seemed to get people together. Good luck to anyone still camping or going tomorrow

12th titp and it was by far the worst I've ever seen. Mud rivers every where, from the main stage to transmission stage was calf deep mud. And the sunset strip bit was a nightmare.

Friday was ok,tho musically shite,only Mike snow and new order any good.

Sat was good, django django were amazing,but clashed with Alabama shakes unfortunately. The minutes were good, we are Augustines really got crowd going,and we were promised jet packs were ok. Thought noel was really good, but didn't get into stone roses.

Supposed to be going today,but not sure i have the energy to stride through the mud

Arrived sat lunchtime with a day ticket. Been to 5 previous T in The park for full w'ends camping. Lineup this year was pure peeeesh. Terrible headliner's with the exception of The Stone Roses......

The main arena looked like this by sat a'noon! Ooft!

titp.jpg

Seen Shed 7 put on a good show at the Main stage to start the day. Stoated aroudn the site to find all the new locations for the stages, decided to find shelter in the Slam Tent. Only to be told it was shut until 6pm until they drained it! haha. So king tuts it was, seen end of Flux Pavillio, Childish Gambino, J Cole. Then caught the end of Enter Shikari.

Made ma way to the front pit for the tail end of Jessie J (not ma scene) but to get a good spot for Noel and The Roses. Noel put on a great show as always, crowd loved the sing along. The Stone Roses were unreal tho. Up there with RATM in 2008 for me, for most memorable T in the park performance. Fri night at Heaton Park was immense a fortnight ago. The show they put on last night was even better! Ian Brown who we all know to be dodgy vocally, was spot on. The band are one tight unit these days...............

Short video a filmed of The Roses show..............

Made ma way to the Campsite after the Roses finished, to try and meet a group of Friends camping in Blue 5. Couldnt any of them, so decided to get a bus home! Wise move, after the pics of the site today. Fair play to the folk who stayed. Watching the Sun night's highlights are the crowd is still bouncin and having a good time!

some pics of the Roses!

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3217.jpg

Originally had Saturday day tickets but ended up winning weekend camping ones do had to use the campsite entrance which actually turned out pretty handy as our bus arrived at 10am.

The mud and rain was unreal seen the campsite really muddy before (Friday night in 2007) but never the arena, was actually rivers of mud. Did well seeing a fair number of acts (the most I've ever seen at a festival)

The Vodafone VIP platform was a godsend for getting out of the rain & mud - good view of the main stage too.

Would have hated to be camping and glad I only went for a day.

The Stone Roses were immense!

i actually think the campsite fared pretty well and while it was muddy wasnt the disgrace ive seen plenty times before

the arena was absolutely the worst ive ever seen though

getting from place to place took forever

the 'sunset strip' was off the scale and while the idea of a halfway house between the arena and site was good it massively affected the 'security' in the campsite

after friday it was very noticeable that the police presense increased in the camp so im expecting to hear some horror stories

Ok so the line up was pump but I still found some good bands to watch. The weather was shocking on sat but I was sun bathing on Friday and it was fine on Sun. The mud was down to the rain in the months before hand being topped up. We knew it would be muddy and anyone who wasn't prepared for it is a "crazy fool". I had a brilliant time. The mud and weather didn't dictate what bands I saw at all and for those complaining that it was too hard to get between stages I thing a bit of MTFU is required. I do have a couple of gripes, the way people were herded in on Thursday was an absolute joke. It took longer to get from the entrance to my pitch than it did to get parked, walk to the festival and get though the check in. All to save on a bit of stewarding. Had there been a serious incident it would have been carnage. It was seriously dangerous. The second was getting out of North 3 today. Absolute incompetence. Whoever thought that you could run a pick up and drop system in a figure of 8 with a mud choked car park, one entrance and no marshals is an utter buffoon. It really felt like, thanks for your money and now you are on your own. It took 2.5 hours to get out of a half empty car park and none of the delays were down to cars being stuck in the mud.

Great friends and some excellent performances did make this a really good festival but I feel like I paid a lot yet got nothing but penny pinching in return. The line up, the new lay out and the lack of efficient stewarding, pointless herding and the stage split scandal are all signs of the money grabbing priorities that Ellis and co now have. It will have to be a great line up to tempt me back in the near future. I'll be going to festivals, just ones that are more deserving of my hard earned.

Ok so the line up was pump but I still found some good bands to watch. The weather was shocking on sat but I was sun bathing on Friday and it was fine on Sun. The mud was down to the rain in the months before hand being topped up. We knew it would be muddy and anyone who wasn't prepared for it is a "crazy fool". I had a brilliant time. The mud and weather didn't dictate what bands I saw at all and for those complaining that it was too hard to get between stages I thing a bit of MTFU is required. I do have a couple of gripes, the way people were herded in on Thursday was an absolute joke. It took longer to get from the entrance to my pitch than it did to get parked, walk to the festival and get though the check in. All to save on a bit of stewarding. Had there been a serious incident it would have been carnage. It was seriously dangerous. The second was getting out of North 3 today. Absolute incompetence. Whoever thought that you could run a pick up and drop system in a figure of 8 with a mud choked car park, one entrance and no marshals is an utter buffoon. It really felt like, thanks for your money and now you are on your own. It took 2.5 hours to get out of a half empty car park and none of the delays were down to cars being stuck in the mud.

Great friends and some excellent performances did make this a really good festival but I feel like I paid a lot yet got nothing but penny pinching in return. The line up, the new lay out and the lack of efficient stewarding, pointless herding and the stage split scandal are all signs of the money grabbing priorities that Ellis and co now have. It will have to be a great line up to tempt me back in the near future. I'll be going to festivals, just ones that are more deserving of my hard earned.

I actually quite enjoyed not having to get my ticket out and having it scanned again when entering the arena.

Not wanting to sound like i'm sticking up for T but it seems their damned if they do & damned if they don't - in previous years everyone moaned about having to constantly get their tickets scanned whenever they moved from campsite to arena or back (if it wasn't the end of the night) this year I only had my ticket scanned on entry to the campsite and people are saying about a lack of security? Just seems like people having a go for the sake of it.

I actually quite enjoyed not having to get my ticket out and having it scanned again when entering the arena.

Not wanting to sound like i'm sticking up for T but it seems their damned if they do & damned if they don't - in previous years everyone moaned about having to constantly get their tickets scanned whenever they moved from campsite to arena or back (if it wasn't the end of the night) this year I only had my ticket scanned on entry to the campsite and people are saying about a lack of security? Just seems like people having a go for the sake of it.

why are so many people moaning about the weather. It's Britain, Scotland even, it's well known for it, it's rained before and it will again. You either like a fest and deal with what comes or you don't.

Edited by LondonTom

I've been to every T since 1995 and Saturday's rain produced the worst conditions I've seen. Even worse than 2000 and 2001 when it rained non-stop all weekend.

The whole arena was a mudlake and made Saturday a grim experience in many respects. The congealed mud on Sunday wasn't quite so bad. And with decent wellies and waterproofs, it made the event survivable. Thank goodness for the tables in the Healthy T area, as well.

The car parks on Saturday night were a nightmare. Hats off to the guys who gave me a push when my car got stuck in the mud and went around looking for others to help.

Thankfully the organisers opened a different field for parking on the Sunday so I had no problem. I hope they did something about the South car park for those who had parked for the weekend.

I hope they've learned lessons from this year. A few more of those metal road surfaces in the car parks would help. As for the arena, we shouldn't see the likes of the Slam tent closed for several hours in future.

One thing I wanted to note was with regards to the Slam tent, while I thought the general idea of having Slam, king tuts and the other tent all in the 'sunset strip' area was a good one, where it was positioned seemed to be a funnelled area of the site almost, with the grounds there being particularly bad (which wouldnt help with campers coming in and out) didnt have a chance to get in king tuts but I hear that was a bit of a mess inside also. Again, something due to the weather that couldnt have been helped. Would also consider swapping the transmission stage around with either the slam or king tuts as it seemed quite far from everything else being one of the smaller stages.

TITP can't be blamed for the weather but they can be blamed for not giving a toss about trying to make life easier. I've been to many different festivals and was giving this one a try. Never again. Lets face it most major festivals have much the same line ups, so you can pick and choose which ones to attend. Everything they did or basically didn't do all weekend was with a fuck you attitude. From the minute we arrived in the South car park jobsworths were on hand to piss you off. They filled the carpark from the entrance forward, so first there, furthest to walk. We were lucky to get on White 3 cos it didn't get flooded, but it was like camping on a rubbish tip. No bins, so crap strewn everywhere. Then came the deluge, all through the night and all day Saturday - and they did what? Glasto have tractors out trying to smooth out the paths. Oxegen spreads hay around the worst areas. They had suction machines but couldn't even be arsed trying to drain the worst area - the entrance and exit to the campsites that everyone had to get through. Then the Sunday took the biscuit. Having decided to drop the tents and get away Sunday night, it took us near on an hour and a half to get through all the mud and back to the car. By this time they had opened a new entrance off the South car park, right next to the Transmissions tent so at least we wouldn't have to work our way all the way back to the campsite entrance. Of course we did! The twats refused to let us in because it was for day tickets only and the excuse was they couldn't read our tickets. What, they couldn't have one entrance with a different reader. Forty minutes later, having had to queue to get back in cos people were picking up disgarded wristbands and trying it on, we got virtually body searched while some over zealous arsey security started kicking off. Hey sorry friend I'm only a paying customer. Then we fight our way back through the campsite to the festival only to get searched again. Meanwhile Howler, who I wanted to see, have been and gone. All we got from arseholes in luminous jackets was "it's all part of the fun of a festival." Well do you know what T in the Park?, it isn't so in future you can shove your festival up your arse!