ROCK WERCHTER 2013

Guest DangerJones11

With regard to the campsites. I was looking at the map and they seem a fair distance apart. Does the shuttle bus drop off at a central location or does it do the rounds of the campsites? If it drops off at a central spot how do I know which campsites are available? I'm getting there mid afternoon on the Thursday and don't want to spend time walking from one site to the other when there's bands I want to watch playing.

I don't care which campsite I get, probably the more chilled out the better in reality, but I would like to be able to arrive, pitch up and start partying as soon as possible after my flight/train/bus journey.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the best campsite for atmosphere? I usually go to Reading Festival and am looking for the campsite that is most lively like that (obviously not as rowdy though).

Also, how much does beer usually cost in the arena? I'm gonna be spending most of my day in the arena so I better get used to the idea of buying drink in there.

So what's the best campsite for atmosphere? I usually go to Reading Festival and am looking for the campsite that is most lively like that (obviously not as rowdy though).

Also, how much does beer usually cost in the arena? I'm gonna be spending most of my day in the arena so I better get used to the idea of buying drink in there.

Has anyone camped before in C3, the community camp site? Just wondering whether to stay at a hotel on the weds night as I have a free nights stay to use up and wait for C3 to open on the Thursday. At the minute I am arriving on the Wednesday when only the A campsites are open.

I think this'll be my viewing:

Thurs: All Time Low, some Palma Violets, B.R.M.C, Vampire Weekend, Bloc Party, Sigur Ros, Netsky

Fri: TDCC, The Hives, Richard Hawley, Phoenix, Kings of Leon, Blur

Sat: Modest Mouse, Stereophonics, Django Django, Nick Cave & TBS, James Blake, Rammstein,

Sun: Bastille, Alt J, Band of Horses, Of Monsters and Men, 30 Seconds to Mars, Depeche Mode, Editors

Bolding the only bands that are a MUST for me, happily go with the flow to whatever really.

No heart breaking clashes for me, would've like to see The National again but will happily sacrifice it to be in at Bloc Party.

BMI regional have moved my flights which is a slight annoyance, I'm still arriving at a decent time on the Wednesday - so it's no panic, but my departure flight on the Tuesday is now early - so the planned night out in Brussels on the Monday will have to be a slightly quieter occasion that I'd expected. Never mind.

I think this'll be my viewing:

Thurs: All Time Low, some Palma Violets, B.R.M.C, Vampire Weekend, Bloc Party, Sigur Ros, Netsky

Fri: TDCC, The Hives, Richard Hawley, Phoenix, Kings of Leon, Blur

Sat: Modest Mouse, Stereophonics, Django Django, Nick Cave & TBS, James Blake, Rammstein,

Sun: Bastille, Alt J, Band of Horses, Of Monsters and Men, 30 Seconds to Mars, Depeche Mode, Editors

Bolding the only bands that are a MUST for me, happily go with the flow to whatever really.

No heart breaking clashes for me, would've like to see The National again but will happily sacrifice it to be in at Bloc Party.

BMI regional have moved my flights which is a slight annoyance, I'm still arriving at a decent time on the Wednesday - so it's no panic, but my departure flight on the Tuesday is now early - so the planned night out in Brussels on the Monday will have to be a slightly quieter occasion that I'd expected. Never mind.

Here is my plans for the RW weekend. Bold is most see and italic bands that I will probably see but won't regret if I miss them :)

Thursday: Airbourne, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Vampire Weekend, Biffy Clyro, Bloc Party, Green Day, Netsky Live (I'll see the National in Milan a few days before RW...plus I really hate the Green Day/Sigur Rós clash, but I'll go for GD as they are a fantastic live band)

Friday: The Bots, Two Door Cinema Club, The Hives, The Script, Phoenix, Kings of Leon, Ben Howard, Blur

Saturday: Modest Mouse, Graveyard, Stereophonics, Kendric Lamar, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Volbeat, Rammstein (I would like to go after Nick Cave and check out Tame Impala, but I want to be in the front for Volbeat and Rammstein, so that won't be possible)

Sunday: A Day to Remember, Gogol Bordello, Band of Horses, Of Monsters and Men, 30 Seconds to Mars, Depeche Mode, Editors (...about 30STM, what can I say, I'll be there with my wife :P )

karelaanzee(or somebody else): Do you know the fastest way from Brussels Charleroi to Leuven? Is it the shuttle bus to Brussels Midi and the train from there?..or is there a faster way?

Hi Guys,

I am coming to Rock Werchter (my first one) on Thursday 3rd. Am driving from Southampton to Dover/Dunkerque ferry then on to the festival.

I have space in my van and ferry tickets for 3 or 4 passengers if anyone needs transport. I could pick up from Southampton, Winchester, Basingstoke, Maidstone, Ashford, or Dover etc.

£30 per person would cover fuel and ferry crossings for the round trip.

Anyone interested could contact me on colin1925@yahoo.com or facebook (same id).

Regards,

Colin :good:

So who is actually going to Rock Werchter? I'm going for my first time, on my own, from west Wales. I'm flying over on Thursday morning from Bristol. Missing a couple of bands at the start but can't be helped, my wife has only given me a leave pass from Thursday to Monday :derisive:

Been to a load of festivals in the past dating back to Donington 1988 but this will be my first European jaunt. Looking forward to chilling with a beer in the sun, which will make a change from most UK fests. (Did Download and IOW last year. . . f'ing sick of mud and rain!)

Hope to see you there. Phill.