How to get alcohol in?

Guest dylstar

The security dont really care about underagers bringing in alcohol unless you look about 12 as long as you dont bring glass bottles they are more than happy to let you in, not experienced V personally but I assume its like most other festivals

The pat downs on the way into the arena are useless. Half bottle of vodka (plastic) in the waistband of your jeans, t-shirt/jumper/coat and hanging down over it and the pat down doesn't go near. Friend walked in with a1.5l bottle of Evian with vodka, lime and lemonade in it, IN HER HAND, "security" didn't bat an eyelid.

If there are girls in your party, get them to put the half bottle in the back of their jeans then make sure you enter the arena through a gate with male "security" they're not allowed to pat girls down.

I've only done 3 V Festivals over the years but we have taken booze into the arena every time, not been pulled up for it at the gate once. Dead easy if you make a small amount of effort.

Edited by TheNewUnion

Last year at Kendal Calling i had about 10 cans of cider about my person. I was wearing, shorts and a hoddy. they kept falling out on the way to security to my friends and passers by's ammusement!!! But once there, I sided next to my girlfriend, waited till they look distracted then made my way through. They didnt pat down and only would if you looked susp! make eye contact and walk like you are already through

If you want the hard stuff (vodka), the above mentioned crotch method is good for blokes. just try to wear something baggy to stop it showing.

My mate once filled a camelback with vidka mix or wine??cant remember. He made the mistake of taking a sip everytime everyone did. he was in bed for 7 oclock and missed the prodigy.

Basically, as long as you are sensible, you will get it in. dont put it in a rucksack!!!!

The questions has to be asked how underage are you???? Dont drink too much, you will end up like me! ;)

Just walk in. As for getting stuff in the arena, I found it a pain in the arse, the unlucky person everytime who got thoroughly patted down, I must look dodgy. Confident i'll have less problems this year, it's not hard to smuggle it in.

At V I managed to get in 2 cans in my hood for the arena, at other festivals i've used a draw string bag under my jacket, the crotch area again is good, and at kendal calling just to the side of the entrance to the arena were the toilets with no security on them, we just got someone to go in before us and we would pass about 20 drinks through the gap in the fence at a time, we only got caught once over the whole weekend and then we only had a couple of beers each on us so it wasnt too bad

Last year at V I was able to walk into the arena with cans of Strongbow in the back pockets of my shorts. Just make sure you are wearing a baggy t shirt and pick a lane where they aren't patting folk down. Having a bottle of water in your hand is always good as some of them like to check that to make sure it is still sealed...

Pick a lane with security of the opposite sex.

Hold your wristband up high & give it a couple of tugs. This distracts security away from your stash & you may be less likely to be searched as they think you're being helpful.

Half empty wine/cider bags are easy to conceal in your crotch area & down the side of a welly. Bag can get stuck or burst in your trousers.

Cans, one in each sock with perhaps another balanced on top. Warning: this makes you walk like John Wayne & is obvious, only recommended for busy periods. I once managed eight freezing cold Tuborgs, four up each leg.

Squashed up 2ltr bottles can fit down the side of a welly but can be painful to walk with.

Petrov vodka pouches are extremely easy to conceal. Keep your pouch & use a funnel to refill it from a larger bottle back at camp.

Refill miniture bottles using a funnel & a larger bottle of spirit back at camp. Can easily go in a welly with some uncomfortableness or in your socks. You'll have to buy mixer once in though.

Never used one but a Camel Back could be used but I don't fancy the idea of walking around drinking out of a straw. I've heard you have to wash them out regularly too.

Small cans eg bullet sized ones, or maybe larger depending on the size of the dog, can be put inside a guide dogs jacket if you have one.

Throwing cans over the fence I find is too obvious & can fizz up the cans. Could also land in someones wee.

Camp chair users maybe able to sneak the odd can in with the chair in the bag. Chairs are often checked however so not worth filling it up.

Smuggling booze into the arena after a couple of hours of it opening is easier as security have become bored. Just buy a pint in there if there's someone on early & you want to get on it straight away. Otherwise patience helps & you can always return with your own stash later.

Don't whip out your contraband out straight away. Wait until you are in a bit of a crowd. Just keep walking.

Obviously don't be shifty when walking through, just smile & say hello.

Take a folded up plastic bag in your pocket with you if you intend to smuggle a fair bit in. You can use it to carry your goodies & sit on if it is muddy. Don't take a rucksack as it will likely be searched.

Use a washed out branded cup to drink from or pop your can inside, security won't know you have your own stash & thus won't bother you.

If your beer or cider is warmer than the surface of the sun then just mix it in with a fresh cold pint from a stall until you are sufficiently leathered enough to dive straight in to that fizzy hot tin of loveliness. You'll have something to drink out of then.

Don't bring glass bottles, they are heavy anyway.

Edited by Couchy

If you're arriving with the majority (Friday) it is VERY unlikely that you'll get searched let alone caught. I've taken bottles (glass) in for the last 5 years and never got caught with them and last year I wasn't even searched. They do randomally pick people but it's more with sniffer dogs and the drugs side of it. As for getting booze in to the arena - choose a security guard of the opposite sex always. Especially for women - the men cannot pat you down. As a previous poster said, hold your wrist up high and show them the band and carry on walking unless they get in your way and stop you (sometimes they check your bags at not so busy periods). I always fill water bottles with vodka or archers and lemonade. Make sure you 'doctor' the bottles to look unopened or they will take them off of you. Screw top capri sonnes etc also work really well. Bags of wine strapped to your person do a good job as well.