The Non-Headlining Acts 2013

Guest GlastoSimon

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alt-J will undoubtedly play at some point either on the John Peel, Oxlyers or Park Stage.

Could see Gotye playing somewhere, as well as fun.

Would really like to see Weezer play but I doubt they ever will.

Janelle Monae again.

Bon Iver is likely.

Animal Collective.

Passion Pit.

Bloc Party will also probably return if they're not busy headlining R & L.

The long awaited return of British Sea Power.

And obviously My Bloody Valentine to headline the John Peel Stage.

well if they hadden flipping toured this year id say PJ [ducks]............

no doves any more ........................[sucks]

but one band id like to see is NMA .........[rocks]

oh and although i dont really like them as per say foster the people where one of the best acts i saw in 2011

I reckon (and hope) that Hot Chip will be at Glastonbury next year, they have a new album out, the can't play this year and they play pretty much every time there's a new album. Saw them in '10, hadn't heard anythin about them before and was only there to get a good spot for The Flaming Lips, but Hot Chip turned out to be one of my sets of the weekend. Would love to see them there again.

Also would like The Cribs to play for the same reasons above and would love to see Justice as next years Other Stage dance act. Would list a load of obscure bands but I know that there is pretty much no chance of them playing so I've gone for bands who I think have an alright chance. Saying that The Smashing Pumpkins would be awesome to see next year.

EDIT: Would also love to see Nile Rodgers & Chic do the Sunday legends slot, or headline West Holts. Either one and I'd be happy.

Edited by BlackHole2006

Miles Kane

Frank Turner

Beans on Toast

Random Hand

Noel Gallagher

Black Keys

Maximo Park

Beach boys (legend slot)

Two door

Bloc Party

Enter Shikari

Florence + The Machine

Sigur Ros

I all expect there!

Would love reel big fish!

But I don't really care! I'm happy just being there for the 3rd time!

Doesn't look like Pulp will be there next year...

"We are not playing any UK dates because we did that last year. We're playing places like America, Romania and Italy instead. I'd guess that we'll probably stop at the end of the year."

Also, Jarvis said "Oh, I don't know about that" when asked about a new Pulp album.

Mhmm there was also another recent interview, where he said they are just taking it slowly and may or may not be working on new material in the future :P

To me it all seems a bit up in the air with what they are doing.

Here it is:

http://www.nme.com/news/pulp/64541

Jarvis Cocker has spoken about Pulp's future plans – and says that he and his bandmates haven't ruled out recording new material.

The band reunited in late 2010 and played a number of festivals and well-received gigs last summer, but have not as yet indicated if they will be writing or recording any new material.

Speaking in an interview which you can read in the new issue of NME, the singer refused to be definitely drawn either way on the prospect of new material, but also ruled out the band breaking up once again.

Asked about the prospect of new material, he said: "I don't know about that. I mean, I've enjoyed doing these shows because the idea was, could we manage to do it again, to make it feel like it was worth doing and to make it sound right? And I think we managed to do that." He added:

I suppose once you've done that, the next thing is; would you make some new music? I've enjoyed the fact that we haven't been doing any new stuff, because I feel that's kept it quite simple. It's hard one. We haven't been in the studio or anything. I don't know what will happen in the future.

Ooh, I've seen some fantastic acts I'd love to see at Glastonbury in here - especially The Civil Wars headlining the acoustic stage.

I want to see Pink at Glastonbury. I'm not sure how popular this choice would be on here? But I've seen her live twice and she was absolutely phenomenal. Yes she had a lot of staging etc. but it didn't take away from her music and her voice and when she did an acoustic set it was so captivating. I think she would be a great act on the other stage - show everybody what she can do! :)

HI all,

First post on this forum.

Can see Bon Iver non-headling the Pyramid next year especially after just announcing they will be playing much larger venues later this year. Going to Latitude in a couple of weeks and looking forward to seeing them with a larger backing band. I know they have played the NME stage before so I think they would be a natural fit..